Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Search found 398 matches
Search these results:

Forum: General News   Topic: Labor Dept. banning farm chores

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 pm 

Replies: 9
Views: 699

They'll start with farm families and eventually make it against the law for any kid to help his or her family in a family business.

Forum: Conventions, Delegates, & Political Parties   Topic: GOP Arizona Meeting: Rushing to downplay later states

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:15 pm 

Replies: 3
Views: 526

I've been encouraging people I know who live in later states to go ahead and vote for Santorum. Either way, Santorum or Gingrich supporters should go ahead and vote their conscience. If Romney is the winner already why will it hurt him if he loses some votes in the later states? The reason it would...

Forum: Conventions, Delegates, & Political Parties   Topic: GOP Arizona Meeting: Rushing to downplay later states

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm 

Views: 526

I've been encouraging people I know who live in later states to go ahead and vote for Santorum. Either way, Santorum or Gingrich supporters should go ahead and vote their conscience. If Romney is the winner already why will it hurt him if he loses some votes in the later states? The reason it would ...

Forum: General News   Topic: STAR PARKER: Republican challenge with blacks, Hispanics

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:49 pm 

Replies: 12
Views: 529

Although, to be honest, the Hispanic vote has been largely muted to date. Think about where most Hispanics live. Texas, Arizona, California. In the first two, they're not strong enough to overcome the conservative majorities, so essentially they don't count in the Senate and the Electoral College. ...

Forum: General Politics   Topic: Three new rules for U.S. presidents

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:42 pm 

Views: 506

I strongly disagree with the military service requirement. First of all, I believe the intent of the founding fathers in making the president commander in chief was to have civilian oversight of the military. Although we have had military men as presidents not all of our great ones served in the mil...

Forum: General News   Topic: Oral Argument re. Individual mandate was this morning

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:15 pm 

Views: 362

Just a side note on this topic. The homeschooling mom forum I am part of is discussing whether anyone supports some kind of national health care. One gal who supports it commented that she doesn't trust the private sector with health care because it's such a necessity and the profit motive keeps the...

Forum: General News   Topic: Oral Argument re. Individual mandate was this morning

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:51 pm 

I read that Justice Ginsberg was practically feeding lines to Clement at one point. It's a little bit frightening to think we have an attorney that weak on our govt payroll. On the other hand it might be a good thing in this case. Clement is the good guy arguing against the law. Verrilli is the sol...

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:55 pm 

I read that Justice Ginsberg was practically feeding lines to Clement at one point. It's a little bit frightening to think we have an attorney that weak on our govt payroll. On the other hand it might be a good thing in this case.

Forum: General News   Topic: Trayvon Martin - George Zimmerman case

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:09 pm 

Replies: 166
Views: 3835

I grew to be a pretty tall kid with a pretty deep voice. And although I was a very shy young man, as I crossed from childhood into manhood, I began to realize that a number of people who did not know me appeared to be afraid of me. Three of the personal attributes about myself that I had no control...

Forum: General News   Topic: Wonder why African Americans don't vote Republican?

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 369

Second, what ethnic groups were surveyed? Did they know if they were talking to a white and not a native american, black, or hispanic or marshallese or vietnamese? From my experience whites aren't any more prejudiced than other ethnic groups in the south. First, we know it probably wasn't very many...

Forum: General News   Topic: Wonder why African Americans don't vote Republican?

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 369

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-poll-obamas-a-muslim-to-many-gop-voters-in-alabama-mississippi-20120312,0,334348.story A few states, including Alabama, kept the laws even though they could no longer be enforced. Alabama finally repealed its law in 2000 through a public referendum, though...

Forum: General News   Topic: Sarah Palin: I voted for Newt Gingrich

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:01 am 

Views: 824

In my opinion Governor Huckabee can't be having Presidential Forums and endorsing someone or letting his viewers know who he voted for. That would not be right. Sarah Palin can - because she doesn't have her own show. That's a really good point. I'm wondering if he believes he lost in 2008 and may ...

Forum: General News   Topic: Sarah Palin: I voted for Newt Gingrich

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:29 pm 

Views: 824

This non-endorsement endorsement really reflects poorly on Palin but NOT on Gingrich. If she'd had the guts to stand up and endorse him it could have really helped him. A lot of people still really respect her and might have given Newt extra consideration when they were making their decision. Instea...

Forum: General News   Topic: Limbaugh in Hot Water with Sponsors Over Remark

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am 

Replies: 29
Views: 1397

I'm about to unlike Hispanics For Santorum on Facebook because they're making the same kinds of remarks. It's not appropriate behavior. This woman is wrong and her point isn't even valid since she can get the generic version of one of the more popular forms of birth control pills for $9 at the Targe...

Forum: National Office Candidates   Topic: Huckabee endorsed Dewhurst for US Senate race in TX

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:54 pm 

Replies: 13
Views: 704

Interesting Miserere I really like Coburn. Have you seen his humungous budget cut proposal? He and his aides went through the entire Federal budget and found $9T worth of cuts over 10 years many of which would be relatively painless and would actually improve the way programs served the citizens. So...

Forum: Polling Numbers   Topic: Arizona polls

Post subject: Re: Arizona polls
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm 

Replies: 25
Views: 1832

DFCSTech wrote:
PPP Polling said that 14% of GOP voters in AZ were Mormon and that 77% of them were voting for Romney. That's a really tough demographical advantage to overcome.

That's for sure!! They say evangelicals and Catholics discriminate! :roll:

Forum: National Office Candidates   Topic: Huckabee endorsed Dewhurst for US Senate race in TX

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 pm 

Replies: 13
Views: 704

I checked out Dewhurst's webpage and it looks like his actual votes (the most reliable measure, imo) seem to be consistently conservative. I'm curious what he's done that makes him a moderate? I know that the most important factor for Huckabee is the pro-life record and his seems to be pretty solid.

Forum: General News   Topic: Homeschooling families can’t teach homosexuality a sin

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm 

Replies: 4
Views: 358

This is why so many American homeschool families don't want tax credits or other $$ from the government. In Canada homeschools and private schools all get govt funding. What they fund they can regulate.

Forum: Polling Numbers   Topic: Arizona polls

Post subject: Re: Arizona polls
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 pm 

Replies: 25
Views: 1832

Miserere wrote:
Too bad Mitt isn't RC. He could say he's given up debating for lent.

I told dh this and he responded, "I wish he'd give up politics for Lent." :floor He's a funny guy that man of mine.

Forum: Polling Numbers   Topic: Georgia polls

Post subject: Re: Georgia polls
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:33 pm 

Replies: 18
Views: 1544

The only results that would surprise me in Georgia would be a Romney or Paul win. It looks like the race is going to be close between Gingrich and Santorum so we'll have to wait and see.
Sort by:  
Page 4 of 20 [ Search found 398 matches ]