Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:21 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Is this something we should be concerned about?

Quote:
According to the FBC Jax Website, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee will be speaking at FBC Jacksonville on the evening of Sunday November 2nd.

We welcome Governor Huckabee to our church and am happy to host him. He has a new show on the Fox News channel that airs on weekends and is getting rave reviews.

However, we hope his appearance at our church won't hurt him in the future. Its very likely that Mac Brunson will use this as an opportunity to advance his own brand - Mac will be on the platform with him no doubt, will introduce him, etc. A great attempt for Mac to bolster his own image. However, I can see in the future when Huckabee runs for president again they will pull out the video of Mac Brunson blaming 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, high gas prices, and the current economic downturn on God and ask Governor Huckabee: "Why did you go speak at a church and take the platform with someone who blames God for America's problems?"

Below is the video once again. Notice that Mac is not just saying that God could use these unfortunate events; not that God can work through these events...no, you will see Mac speaking on behalf of God in the first person, saying that God was actively working to bring all these things about in order to wake up the His people, that God tried to do it with blessings, but is now trying to get our attention through "buffeting" via 9/11, Katrina, gas prices, and economic calamity. Mac traces our current problems back to the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal and our failure to respond appropriately to that, and then God decided to bring 9/11 and the rest.

So when you take the platform with Mac Brunson, Governor Huckabee, keep in mind that the footage of you and Mac will be aired right after the clip below of Mac blaming death, disaster, and calamity directly on God punishing Americans.

Unfortunately, Governor Huckabee, Sunday night might be your "Jeremiah Wright" moment.

http://fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot.com/2008 ... nov-2.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:34 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 1
I would say no. There's no similarity here between Obama's 20 year relationship with Jeremiah Wright and Mike Huckabee speaking at a church once. And I assume that this is one of his paid speaking gigs, so there's really no need to be worried about it.

"Republicans are for both the man and the dollar, but in case of conflict the man before the dollar."
- Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Gee whiz. Some people really need to lighten up. This will be a non issue.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:41 pm 

Liked: 8
I have no prediction.

Having said that, Mac could endorse Huckabee in 2012 the same way John Hagee endorsed McCain. Remember the controversy regarding Hagee's Israel comments?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:27 pm 
General

Liked: 52
McFox wrote:
Is this something we should be concerned about?

I don't think so. (Of course having said that, anyone with an agenda can twist something to their own purpose...) I watched the video, and I would say Mac Brunson is a far cry from Jeremiah Wright and, as already mentioned, there is no relationship between him and Huckabee. I don't think he even endorsed Mike in our primary here. I've only lived in Jacksonville for a little over 2 years, and although I've driven past the 9-city block First Baptist Church downtown campus too many times to count, I have never been to a service there. Maybe someone who has been in Jacksonville longer could weigh in more accurately.

BTW, I will be going to my first church service there this Sunday night when Mike speaks!

He will also be coming to town that afternoon with Jack Kemp, Lynn Swann and Pat Summerall, all campaigning together for McCain!

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I think the blogger made a mountain out of a molehill and there is nothing there compared to Rev Wright.

I can also say that I have gone to a few services at that church and it is a good church and I believe that most of the Christians on here wouldn't have a problem with Mac Brunson. He and First Baptist Jax are not perfect but Mike Huckabee will not regret speaking there this Sunday.

I am not sure if I will be able to go Sunday night to hear Mike speak, but I hope I can.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
Quote:
http: //fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot.com /2008 ... nov-2.html

The name of this person's blog makes me curious. If it's his/her own church, why the "watchdog." That's the kind of thing you see like, "rightwingnutjobwatch.com," or "liberalcrazywatch.org", not usually someone being a watchdog of their own organization.

(I haven't been to the blog...too many other good things to read right here on HA tonight!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:58 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
All Huck has to do is point out that he has also spoken at an MTV forum & other "controversial" places. He has always said that we need to communicate even with those we don't agree to heal the division and tension in our country.