Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
http://hucksarmy.com/governor-mike-huck ... g-to-iowa/

An email from Team Huck Iowa today stated:
Quote:
Dear Team Huck Iowa,

I am excited to let you in on some news. Plans are underway by Team Vander Plaats for a February 24th visit by Governor Mike Huckabee to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Governor Huckabee will be hitting the campaign trail with Bob Vander Plaats.

The plans are in the beginning stages but I wanted you to be the first to know. There will be a private luncheon with Governor Huckabee and Bob Vander Plaats and in the evening we will be having a grassroots campaign rally (no charge). This will be an exciting day!

Team Vander Plaats is starting to take requests from interested parties. If you are interested in attending the private luncheon with Governor Huckabee and Bob Vander Plaats please contact Tim Dusenbery @ tim.dusenbery@teamvp2010.com more details will follow regarding the rally.

Thank you; look forward to seeing you on February 24th!

Lori Jungling
Team Huck
Iowa Grassroots Coordinator
Visit Team Huck Iowa at: http://teamhuckiowa.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
Wanted to let you know that in between the two Huckabee/Vander Plaats events, Mike and Bob will be flying to another location to be at an Iowa Family Policy Center PAC fundraiser. Bob will speak and Huck is the keynote. IFPC PAC has also endorsed Bob and has stated that if Terry Branstad is the GOP gubernatorial nominee they will not support him and sit out the election. They have never endorsed in a primary before. IFPC is the force behink Let Us Vote Iowa and is organizing traditional marriage supporters all over the state to find pro-family/pro-life candidates and to push a marriage amendment.

I was at a Bob VP event today and learned that the Huckabee/Vander Plaats grassroots rally on Feb. 24 will be live streamed on Bob's website. 8)

Just some Huck facts today from people in the room. In his speech Bob stated how important Mike's endorsement is because it shows how much he believes in Bob. He said that endorsing in a primary is tricky since Mike may run again in 2012 but that he has put his belief in Bob and principles above the political ramifications. Bob also stated that the gubernatorial primary is very important because not only will it set the direction of the Iowa GOP but it will also very likely determine who the presidential nominee will be in 2012.

The most important question people came up to me and asked is, "Is Huck going to run again" or "Tell him he needs to run again." Somebody even asked Bob if Huckabee is as remarkable in person as he seems.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 am 
Private

Liked: 0
So Gov. Huckabee will be very busy on the 24th? He'll also be in Kansas campaigning for Dick Kelsey in the same day acc. to Huck PAC. Wow, this great for the Governor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
Mike isn't the only one headed to Iowa. So am I. :)

My trip is the second (was in South Carolina earlier in the year) of many I plan to make this year on behalf of the Can-Do Conservatives. However I cannot do it alone. If you could follow the link below and make a small contribution it would be much appreciated and would help make it possible for me to make more trips to speak on behalf of my organization and get strong Conservatives like Bob elected.

http://candoconservatives.com/donate/

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
We all know how important Iowa will be next year and that makes Bob VP's election very important as well! Hopefully we are all willing to do what we can to make that happen.

Soon, Team Huck will be asking supporters to make phone calls promoting Gov. Huckabee's upcoming visit. I'll post more details as they are received. In the meantime - let's continue doing what you can to keep the Gov front and center (post things on FB, tweet items of interest, get involved in your state's Team Huck, comments on blogs, etc.)

Let's make Team Huck a force to be reckoned with!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 92
Iowa Brigade members are counting down the days until Mike Huckabee arrives in Iowa to campaign for Bob Vander Plaats and the IPC fundraiser. We have been working in many ways to support Mike and BVP, so seeing both in a campaign setting will get us fired up to do even more work for our candidates.

Gov. Chet Culver and his very low polling numbers are making national news so I am extra excited to have Mike return to Iowa, which should make more news as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Wow! It appears there are a lot of exciting things happening in Iowa! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
You betcha! Unfortunately, not all of them are good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:20 pm 
***** General

I doubt I will ever be fortunate to be in the front row of a Huckabee show taping but I once was in the front row when he spoke in Ames. It was an experience I will never forget... shaking his hand, having my picture taken with me.

I am so grateful that Mike Huckabee will campaign for Vander Plaats. I might not get on the front row this time, but I will be so glad to be a part of such an event.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

What's not good? Anything affecting our guy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm 
***** General

c murphy wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

The establishment will do everything and anything to see that the likes of Bob VP and that wing of the party never gain control. That is why old Terry Branstad was resurrected in the first place.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:09 pm 
***** General

c murphy wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:

Oh, no, not at all about Mike. I was referring more to Iowa legislative things, Iowa Republican Party mess (as IowansRock referred to above), and my city (I now refer to it as the "sin city of Iowa"). I think Mike is still very popular in our state.

I can't wait for the big rally on the 24th! I am definitely planning on being there to support my two favorite guys for governor and President!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm 
***** General

Check out the free e-ticket for the event.

Attachments:
Huck_Ticket_2.jpg [439.21 KiB]
Downloaded 878 times

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:41 pm 
***** General

Awesome, Iowans Rock! And I see the handiwork of an Iowan in the back ground of the picture of Huckabee and BVP!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:45 pm 
***** General

Unfortunately I will probably have to postpone my Iowa trip to sometime in March due to family reasons. :(

I'll keep y'all posted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 pm 
***** General

BDBopper wrote:
Unfortunately I will probably have to postpone my Iowa trip to sometime in March due to family reasons. :(

I'll keep y'all posted.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:29 pm 
***** General

I truly regret having to make the decision that just had to be made. I was so looking forward to attending the events on the 24th. It's heartbreaking but family comes first (my dad has developed a very severe case of vertigo that doesn't appear to be going away any time soon). :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am 
General

Liked: 71
Who is leading in the polls between Branstad and Vander Plaats?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am 
***** General

Branstad is leading but both candidates lead Democratic Governor Chet culver. The papers up there are starting to suggest that the only way Chet Culver wins re-election is if Branstad wins the primary because Branstad's nomination will have the same result with Conservatives in Iowa that John McCain's nomination did with Conservatives nationwide. They won't get excited and do the things necessary to get Branstad elected. I happen to agree with that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 pm 
***** General

Just got a nice mailer today from the IFPC about their fundraiser with Huckabee. They stamped his name on the outside of the envelope as well. I hope they have a good crowd at this event. It was a little last minute since they are squeezing him in between the two Bob VP events. Hopefully the weather is good since they will be flying back and forth between the two events.

Here is what it said about Huck:

Quote:
Governor Huckabee will be in Iowa campaigning for Bob Vander Plaats in Cedar Rapids earlier in the day and later that night, but has graciously agreed to come over to Des Moines for the afternoon on our behalf.

Please make every effort to join us, and please pass the word to your family, friends, co-workers and neighbors. This is a great opportunity to hear from one of America's leading conservative, pro-family voices, while supporting the Iowa Family PAC at the same time!

TEAM HUCK IOWA