Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Thought I would start a thread devoted to Mike's new Book tour for A Simple Government. Post all schedules, comments, and pictures regarding the Book Tour here.

First stop - February 27 and 28 Eastern Iowa!!! Yippee! Can't wait!

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com ... ee/1141461

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Coming to Wichita again! Watermark Books. Can't remember the date. This time I want to take my political friend and a few friends who love the Lord.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 am 
Private

Liked: 2
Hi, this is my first post here.

The good news: 2 stops in Iowa and 2 stops in South Carolin.
The bad news: 0 stops in my state.

Does anyone know if there will be more added? Maybe someone will have written that already... I'll check.

I'm so excited for Huck's run this time. The debates are going to be bigger than the Super Bowl, or (if you are a basketball fan like me) bigger than the NBA finals. I look forward to Governor Huckabee's continued dominance of the stage. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Little Lisa wrote:

Does anyone know if there will be more added? Maybe someone will have written that already... I'll check.

I'm so excited for Huck's run this time. The debates are going to be bigger than the Super Bowl, or (if you are a basketball fan like me) bigger than the NBA finals. I look forward to Governor Huckabee's continued dominance of the stage. :)

Welcome, Little Lisa. You sound like just the Huck's Army member we need! Perhaps you can find a near location in another state. The first time I met Huckabee we traveled about 4 hours from Wichita to Tulsa, OK.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Little Lisa wrote:

Welcome Little Lisa! It is good to see more and more people becoming active at HA now that we are getting ever so close to what we have all been waiting for! We look forward to hearing more from you. Please take a minute to introduce yourself on our Introductions Thread so that we can continue growing as a community.

As for the booktour, the website given is only for Barnes and Nobles. The tours usually include a variety of bookstores, so I think it is just a matter of waiting for Mike to release the full schedule.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Welcome to Huck's Army, Little Lisa. We really appreciate your support of Mike Huckabee and are looking forward to the 2012 campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Little Lisa wrote:

Welcome to Huck's Army, Little Lisa!
Looking at the schedule of Barnes & Noble stops, I'm sure there will be others added. Mike Huckabee doesn't do things halfway, and there are lots of days in that span with no stops scheduled...That's not like Mike, either in book tours, or campaigning. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:46 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 6
Oh no. No stops in Arkansas. Too bad. He used to always stop here but now he is always going to Iowa. Gee, I wonder why that could be. ha!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Looks like Borders may be having some troubles, causing cancellations:

Quote:
Simon & Schuster Cancels Borders Events
By Edward Champion
– January 7, 2011

Dallas — Preston & Royals

3/3 — Mike Huckabee (A Simple Government, Sentinel) — Sentinel is a Penguin imprint. It’s also possible that there was a scheduling conflict with Huckabee’s schedule. (In light of the fact that Patricia Briggs — also a Penguin imprint — has been canceled, it is very possible that Penguin may have offered a few peremptory cancellations. Some inside sources are suggesting very strongly to me that Penguin has stopped shipping books to Borders, although I’m hoping to corroborate this with an official statement.)

http://www.edrants.com/simon-schuster-c ... rs-events/

Grrrr, I wanted to go to that one too.

Investigations into these developments are ongoing. I hope to have more information in the next few days.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
ConservTexan wrote:
Looks like Borders may be having some troubles, causing cancellations:

Quote:
Simon & Schuster Cancels Borders Events
By Edward Champion
– January 7, 2011

Dallas — Preston & Royals

3/3 — Mike Huckabee (A Simple Government, Sentinel) — Sentinel is a Penguin imprint. It’s also possible that there was a scheduling conflict with Huckabee’s schedule. (In light of the fact that Patricia Briggs — also a Penguin imprint — has been canceled, it is very possible that Penguin may have offered a few peremptory cancellations. Some inside sources are suggesting very strongly to me that Penguin has stopped shipping books to Borders, although I’m hoping to corroborate this with an official statement.)

http://www.edrants.com/simon-schuster-c ... rs-events/

Grrrr, I wanted to go to that one too.

Investigations into these developments are ongoing. I hope to have more information in the next few days.

Looks like Borders might be going bankrupt, so that might explain some things.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Why-Barnes-Noble-Is-Thumping-usnews-2623028754.html?x=0

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
When we went for coffee last week, we took a copy of the article on Borders financial troubles to a guy who works at our local Borders, and he was surprised to learn about the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Does anyone have a link to Huckabee's upcoming book tour schedule? I want to see if he has rescheduled anything for the Dallas area.

Thanks!

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Usually finalized book tour schedules are not set in stone until right before the tour starts so I think we should sit tight. I'm still waiting to see if there are more stops in Iowa.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Here's the latest I have seen...but I am hoping it is not final

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Events/Ev ... ,,,00.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:59 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Awww man! I move away from Tyler, TX and now he's going to Tyler, Longview and 3 trips to the Dallas area.

Hmm...should I drive 4 hours to Wichita Falls, TX or drive 6.5 hours to see my family in Tulsa, OK and see Huckabee there? scratch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Huckabeliever wrote:
Awww man! I move away from Tyler, TX and now he's going to Tyler, Longview and 3 trips to the Dallas area.

Hmm...should I drive 4 hours to Wichita Falls, TX or drive 6.5 hours to see my family in Tulsa, OK and see Huckabee there? scratch

I vote Tulsa. I'm sure your family will be happy to see you and it will make the trip even more fun for you. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
It is wonderful that Longview, TX is on the tour and the bookstore is 25 minutes from my country home. Barron's is a very nice, privately owned book store combined with their store and restaurant. Should draw lots of publicity and many supporters. Last time I drove to Tyler, TX in Dec. 2009 for his autograph at a Wal Mart store. I am excited that I will see Mike again and get his autograph. I eagerly await his new book, believe it will make believers out of doubters or fence sitters and reap lots of positive attention !!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Oh yeah, this is what I have been waiting for. Six stops in Iowa and five in South Carolina. It is odd that Huckabee never goes west of Des Moines, Iowa, which is Republican rich area. These people are supposed to be conservative in western Iowa but some of those counties did go to Romney in 2008.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/20/huckabees-book-tour-lavishes-attention-on-iowa-south-carolina/
Quote:
Huckabee's book tour lavishes attention on Iowa, South Carolina

Washington (CNN) - Mike Huckabee will visit six cities in Iowa and five in South Carolina during his upcoming book tour – one more sign that the former Arkansas governor wants to keep his name in the presidential mix for 2012 even as he enjoys the comforts of a lucrative talk show career.

The tour to promote his new book, "A Simple Government," kicks off in Davenport, Iowa on February 27 and will take him to five more cities in the first-in-the-nation caucus state over two days: Dubuque, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Des Moines.

Huckabee will then travel through other states in the Midwest and south before heading to South Carolina for a two-day, five-city swing beginning on March 7. He'll sign books in Florence, Columbia, Anderson, Greenville and Spartanburg.

That means Huckabee will be spending more than a quarter of his 40-city tour in two states that play a major role in determining who the GOP presidential nominee will be in 2012.

Huckabee enjoys a robust grassroots following in both states dating back to 2007, when he entered the last presidential race as a long shot but rode a wave of evangelical support to a first-place finish in the Iowa caucuses and a narrow second-place showing in the pivotal South Carolina primary.

Notably, though, the book tour will force Huckabee to skip what could be the first serious gathering of 2012 presidential contenders in Iowa – a March 7 forum in Des Moines hosted by the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition.

The influential Christian group has invited 13 possible candidates to the event, including Huckabee, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty.

None the invitees have publicly committed to attend, but Steve Scheffler, the coalition's president, told CNN that several candidates have privately said they will participate.

Huckabee's book hits stores on February 22.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 pm 

Liked: 152
He'll be at a signing in Dubuque. That is only 2 hours away from me. Anyone going to be at the signing in Dubuque :?:
http://www.borders.com/online/store/EventView?city=&state=&zipCode=&within=&all_stores=&selectedStoreId=12066&eventId=355274&

Is there a site that shows all the stops?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I really look forward to the release of this book. I believe it will be his most important and will really set the tone for the campaign. I actually hope that some of his adversaries attack what he says in the book so that more attention is brought to it now while Huckabee still has his show and radio outlets to defend himself and his views without depending on the media to treat him fairly. This book may be simple in its message calling for a smaller government, but it could be instrumental for setting the stage for the debate with Obama and the democratic agenda. I believe most Americans are recognizing that the government is trying to take over too much and has bungled things badly in its influence on our economy, especially regarding the housing bubble and crash. Improper government involvement always messes up the marketplace and the larger the governments influence is in the market the larger the mess.