Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
YES! See you in Florence, SC Mike!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
atrain3067 wrote:

Nice to see you back again!

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:57 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
bmk2307 wrote:
atrain3067 wrote:

Nice to see you back again!

Nice to be back. I've been around, but just getting back into the swing of things,...you know, just 'cause I have a hunch Mike's gonna be needing some help soon.

Please run Mike!
:pray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Makes really good sense when you think about it - Huck's got a book tour that will basically allow him to campaign without campaigning - getting paid while he campaigns this time! When is the last date of the tour?

Afterward, he will be able to sit back & see how receptive people are to what he had to say in his book, answer critics via his tv & radio programs & if it receives an enthusiastic enough response, jump in to a full pool! Small wonder he decided to announce later! He has so much to gain from this approach!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
byourCreator wrote:
I really look forward to the release of this book. I believe it will be his most important and will really set the tone for the campaign. I actually hope that some of his adversaries attack what he says in the book so that more attention is brought to it now while Huckabee still has his show and radio outlets to defend himself and his views without depending on the media to treat him fairly. This book may be simple in its message calling for a smaller government, but it could be instrumental for setting the stage for the debate with Obama and the democratic agenda. I believe most Americans are recognizing that the government is trying to take over too much and has bungled things badly in its influence on our economy, especially regarding the housing bubble and crash. Improper government involvement always messes up the marketplace and the larger the governments influence is in the market the larger the mess.

This book, with its compellingly simple theme, ought to really resonate with the people, and, I would think, especially with those who attended Tea Party meetings and rallies. I think Gov. Huckabee will have real solutions. We need to be about more than shouting slogans and getting angry. We need to look at the problems of "improper government involvement in the marketplace," as you say, and go back to the principles we have sometimes better understood.

Before me right now is the book that Huckabee wrote while still governor of Arkansas, From Hope to Higher Ground.The subtitle is My Vision for Restoring America's Greatness. I believe Mike will show us an even greater vision with this book for America that will resonate with the American people, including, finally, the Republican party and the conservative talk show hosts. (Tell me this is not just wishful thinking!)