Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huckabee in Holland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 2
I'm about 99% sure I'm right this time.
Quote:
HOLLAND -- Possible presidential candidate Mike Huckabee will be preaching in Holland on Sunday, Feb. 27, offering the two morning sermons at the massive 2,400-seat Central Wesleyan Church.

The church calendar says this: "Former Arkansas governor, Mike Huckabee, will be preaching on Sunday, Feb. 27 at 9:15 and 10:50 a.m. Huckabee is the host of the number-one rated weekend hit, Huckabee on the Fox News Channel as well as a New York Times bestselling author. Don't miss it!"

Huckabee's sermon will be Bible-based, rather than a political speech, according to a church pastor. Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist minister.

“We made it clear we don’t want to give him a platform to do his political thing,” the Rev. Mike Mckay told the Holland Sentinel. “We’re excited to have him come. One of the things about our facility is that we have the capacity to handle larger crowds.”

The full story is at http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/ ... ou_mi.html

We'd love to hear what you have to say, guests!

Post subject: Re: Huckabee in Holland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Wow...that's also the day his book tour starts in Iowa in the afternoon. How is he going to get to Iowa in time for that? Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Great. Wouldn't you know that the Guv. comes 30 minutes down the road from me on the week that I will be out of the country?!

:balling

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm 
Sergeant

He is going to Holland,MI just to clarify.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Not Holland in Europe? :( That's too bad, it would definitely have been worth going there to meet him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm 
Sergeant

He is going to Holland, MI just to clarify. Here is another article.
Quote:
Holland, MI — He’s got one of the hottest names in Republican politics, but Mike Huckabee won’t be talking politics in front of the Central Wesleyan Church in Holland on Feb. 27.

The ordained Southern Baptist preacher will bring a biblical message, although church leaders aren’t sure of the exact topic.

Huckabee has a Fox television show, was governor of Arkansas for 10 years and ran for president in 2008.

“We made it clear we don’t want to give him a platform to do his political thing,” said the Rev. Mike Mckay, one of Central Wesleyan’s three executive team pastors. “We’re excited to have him come. One of the things about our facility is that we have the capacity to handle larger crowds.”

Actually, Huckabee’s publisher sought out the appearance. He’s currently on a book tour promoting his latest work, “A Simple Government.”

Full story at http://www.hollandsentinel.com/newsnow/ ... and-sermon
:geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 10
The article states that Mike's publisher contacted the church to set up the speaking engagement. Does anyone have contact information for Mike's publisher to talk to them about inviting Mike to speak at our church. I would love to try and set up something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 pm 

Liked: 152
Grandville wrote:
The article states that Mike's publisher contacted the church to set up the speaking engagement. Does anyone have contact information for Mike's publisher to talk to them about inviting Mike to speak at our church. I would love to try and set up something.

HuckPAC :) scroll down to the bottom and click on "Contact Us" and you'll find:

Quote:
If you would like more information about Huck PAC, Inc. and Mike Huckabee, please use the contact information below.

Email:

For general inquiries regarding Huck PAC, Inc. please email us at information@huckpac.com

For specific inquiries regarding the website http://www.huckpac.com, please email us at webmaster@huckpac.com

To request Mike Huckabee for an event or meeting, please email us at Schedule@huckpac.com

For press inquiries, please email us at Pressroom@huckpac.com

For question regarding contributions, please email us at Contributions@huckpac.com

By Phone: 501-324-2008

By Mail:

Huck PAC, Inc.

P.O. Box 2008, Little Rock, AR 72203

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:21 pm 
Sergeant

I have found yet another article.
Quote:
HOLLAND (WKZO) - Former Arkansas governor and possible presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee will be preaching in Holland. He'll take the pulpit at the massive Central Wesleyan Church on February 27th for two services. Organizers say the Southern Baptist minister's message will be Bible-based, but he will be signing copies of his book, "A Simple Government" between sermons.