Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Governor Huckabee is to be on O'Reilly tonight (7:00pm CT) on Fox News to introduce the new video series for children that he is producing. It will help teach them American history in a cartoon format. Looks good.

More later...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:23 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
any links for those of us who don't have tv?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
O'Reilly just played the old video of Newt and Pelosi sitting on the couch together talking about how important it is to support global climate change efforts (a.k.a. Cap and Trade). O'Reilly had Lou Dobbs on and Lou said that the video was very harmful to Newt.

Huckabee is coming on now.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Well, what a shocker! No info about the history series. I got some wrong information.

The questioning by O'Reilly was pretty strong about gay marriage, as well as grading Obama on his presidency. Huckabee gave Obama an "F" on economic issues and a "D" overall. Now we get to hold our collective breath until tomorrow's Huckabee show for an important announcement. For once, though, Mike did not say, "I am still deciding..." when asked about running.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

justgrace wrote:
Well, what a shocker! No info about the history series. I got some wrong information.

The questioning by O'Reilly was pretty strong about gay marriage, as well as grading Obama on his presidency. Huckabee gave Obama an "F" on economic issues and a "D" overall. Now we get to hold our collective breath until tomorrow's Huckabee show for an important announcement. For once, though, Mike did not say, "I am still deciding..." when asked about running.

Well, I guess the decision really was made today. On yesterday's twitter post on Mike Huckabee.com, it still said he would discuss the history series tonight. And Gov. Huckabee did say on Cavuto's show that he had just told his family this morning!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:08 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
It's interesting to compare the treatment Mike gets on O'Reilly's show to the treatment he gets on Cavuto. O'Reilly is definitely not out to make Mike look good. So instead of letting Mike talk about what's wrong with the economy, which will be the big issue in the next election, he asks Mike to define a non-economy issue where he differs from Obama. Mike's answer focused on the Obama administration's decision to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act and how this will hurt him with conservative black and hispanic voters. O'Reilly seemed skeptical and unwilling to accept that this would be factor in their voting decision. O'Reilly (as if to say, "Good luck with that!") pointed out that if Huckabee comments on that, it will confirm the general perception that he is only a niche candidate for the religious right. No doubt about it, when Mike goes on O'Reilly, he is in hostile territory.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am 
*** General

Liked: 43
mikethom1 wrote:
It's interesting to compare the treatment Mike gets on O'Reilly's show to the treatment he gets on Cavuto. O'Reilly is definitely not out to make Mike look good. So instead of letting Mike talk about what's wrong with the economy, which will be the big issue in the next election, he asks Mike to define a non-economy issue where he differs from Obama. Mike's answer focused on the Obama administration's decision to stop defending the Defense of Marriage Act and how this will hurt him with conservative black and hispanic voters. O'Reilly seemed skeptical and unwilling to accept that this would be factor in their voting decision. O'Reilly (as if to say, "Good luck with that!") pointed out that if Huckabee comments on that, it will confirm the general perception that he is only a niche candidate for the religious right. No doubt about it, when Mike goes on O'Reilly, he is in hostile territory.

I noticed that Bill would not allow Mike to fully complete his sentences. Pretty rude of him.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
mikethom1 wrote:

Agreed. O'Reilly's strategy:

"Everyone thinks you're just a preacher man so I'm not gonna let you talk about the economy. Now what are you gonna talk about? Huh? What?! Gay marriage?! You really think people are gonna care about social issues in this economy?!"

For all his talk about looking out for the folks and his silly culture warrior nonsense, O'Reilly's shown himself to be quite the coward when it comes to social issues. He asked his "social warriors" one night what they thought about abortion. One said something like she wouldn't have one but it's a woman's choice and the other refused to answer the question.

Social what?!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
DFCSTech wrote:
I noticed that Bill would not allow Mike to fully complete his sentences. Pretty rude of him.

I asked my 19 year old daughter what she thought about his comments on the show. Her assessment: "He didn't let him get a word in edgewise!" Here's hoping her first presidential vote will be for Huckabee! :pray

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:15 am 
Site Admin

juditupp wrote:
DFCSTech wrote:

I asked my 19 year old daughter what she thought about his comments on the show. Her assessment: "He didn't let him get a word in edgewise!" Here's hoping her first presidential vote will be for Huckabee! :pray

Yes, O'Reilly was his usual self-assured self, but also rude, I thought. It is interesting to note the difference with the Cavuto interview earlier in the day. Neal could scarcely keep from bursting with enthusiasm for Huckabee.

O'Reilly must learn that it is an honor to have an accomplished man of character and ability on his show. One who is able to articulate better than almost anyone the issues that O'Reilly, the culture warrior, probably would ordinarily advance. Yet because of no small amount of arrogance O'Reilly (and we can expect others of punditry following suit) cannot resist to get his own jabs in first.

It seemed pretty obvious that Bill wanted to pick Mike apart and get him off-balance from the start. This was the first salvo against Mike's success by a well-known pundit. So O'Reilly feels he won something, I am sure.

However, I think Huckabee won clearly as a ''class act." He humbly said something about not comparing to O'Reilly's television ratings. I think and hope "the folks" will see which one is the truly great man. Huckabee showed great poise in answering questions and not being drawn into foolish argumentativeness.

Mike has talked of how difficult the effort to win is among Republicans because of the "balkinizing" of factions. Of course, O'Reilly claims to be a conservative but not a Republican. If Huckabee announces to run as President, he will not only face opposition from the left, from Obama, but sadly from fellow conservative pundits. I am praying not. I am praying they will be wiser than that.