Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:05 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
August 13, 2011, about 5:00 PM.

It's the winding-down time of a busy, busy, tiring, but exciting day for Governor Mike and Janet Huckabee and for Team Huck at the Iowa Straw Poll. And there is not much time before Governor Huckabee must head to the Fox News stage. This weekend his weekly Huckabee show will be broadcast live on the Ames, Iowa campus of Iowa State University, where the Straw Poll is again taking place. It is a lovely, perfect setting amidst green grass and trees and tents and mostly friendly people.

Huckabee has gotten plenty of exercise, walking all over the grounds. Almost 17,000 Iowans have voted. It seems like half of those visited the Huck PAC booth, shook the Governor's hand, or asked, "Where can I meet Governor Huckabee?" We tried to direct them to the next candidate's tent where he would be playing his bass guitar and jamming with a band. He appeared at four of the tents: Bachmann, Santorum, Pawlenty, and Cain's. My husband got to hear Herman Cain's mellow and beautiful voice. When reporters asked, "Are you supporting Cain (or one of the others), Mike replied, "No, I'm supporting music."

It seems like 100's of reporters stuck their microphones in his face for interviews today. The truth is, scores did. And now it is close to time for him to put the questions to others on his Huckabee show.

It's a little over an hour before stage time. Governor Huckabee heads to the Fox News stage for his live, weekly Huckabee show. It is clear today that hundreds, if not thousands, of Iowans are still at least secretly "Stuck on Huck."

On the way, we catch him for a couple more photos.

[I am trying to find a way to share the rest of the photos.]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I am still trying to figure out how to post the last photos of the day since there is a board limit on photos by one person. I really understand that restriction. But if any of you can think of a way or would be willing to post 5 photos for me, let me know. I don't want you to get past the limit, either. These are some of the best photos yet to come.