Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
FRC sent me this e-mail:

Quote:
Stimulus: Promoting Birth Control, Not Self-Control

Exactly what kind of stimulus did Speaker Nancy Pelosi have in mind? That's a question more Americans are asking now that details are trickling in about the controversial $825 billion "economic recovery" package. As it stands, more than 10 percent of the proposal--$87 billion--would allow states to expand their "family planning" services through Medicaid. The country's recession is crippling families, and the Democrats' solution is spending billions of dollars on contraception? On yesterday's "This Week" program on ABC, George Stephanopoulos pressed Speaker Pelosi for an explanation.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?
PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost... The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health... [is] to help the states meet their financial needs...[O]ne of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.
STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?
PELOSI: No apologies. No. We have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

In other words, children are a burden to the economy, and Pelosi believes it's the government's responsibility to eliminate them. More than anything, her comments underscore the shortsightedness of these liberal policies. All reports indicate that the global family is on the decline. Although America's birth rate isn't plunging like that of European countries, it has slowed. The reason we don't find ourselves in a "demographic winter" is largely because of the fertility rates of our immigrants, many of whom come from cultures that value life. Overall, the U.S. is hovering at its replacement level, which is hardly enough to finance the Baby Boomers' retirement. If Pelosi and her Congress continue to deemphasize the family, America will travel even farther down the deadly path of our European friends.

In the meantime, Congress continues to spend outside of its means, proving that the nation will need more children--not less--to help pay the bills for Social Security, Medicaid, and other government entitlements that Democrats hope to expand. Obviously, there's a practical danger in suggesting that babies are problems or "punishments" (as President Obama called them) instead of blessings that build bridges to the future. For a realistic look at real economic recovery, we encourage you to read FRC's just released tax policy proposal, now available online at http://www.frc.org.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
When I first learned about Obama's rush to fund abortions overseas, that was exactly what came to my mind-the liberal agenda is to stop as many births as they can by any means. :(

I sent an email through afa in which I asked President Obama that it is one thing to be pro-choice, but why encourage it? The thought is so disturbing. These things that are now happening in our country only cause me to appreciate Gov. Huckabee even more for what he is doing to turn this situation around. I pray that he will gain many more supporters who will help him do just that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:05 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
This idea is responsible for the death of Europe, Japan, and many other nations far below the population replacement ratio. How is it good to allow Muslims to have a higher birthrate than of other people for it will create a scenario that we now see? There is already more muslims than Christians. How will that help us on the war on terror? The muslim viewpoint is not one of peace although they claim it is. She needs to really wake up to this fact. Also, their blood is on our hands as they cry out for vengence from God. She fails to see that having 50 million more souls in America would create jobs and demands for products. Who is able to say how many more children these lost aborted children would have had? How many doctors, scientists, teachers, good people were lost already. We will never know what kind of fruit they would have bourne to us as a society or to the world. This infuriates me to no end.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:30 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Yes, it's almost unbelievable that this is happening--it seems like our liberal leaders are trying to play God.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 3
Also, this is the type of thing that is killing "social security". Social Security only works if the next generations are signifigantly larger than the one drawing money from social security.

In addition to that, those millions and millions of people that have now been aborted or prevented, would have payed GOBS in income tax, sales tax, created jobs, made new inventions, started businesses etc.etc.

Even from an Economic standpoint, abortion is not a positive thing.

From that same economic standpoint, the "burden" those children place on the state when their young, is minute compared to what they will bring to the state 18 years later. We should look at it as an investment in our future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
Ok, what's next? Will all families be limited to one child per family? Sounds a lot like Communism to me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

From what I've heard, Pelosi and Reid have already placed their church in a vunerable position, I am wondering how they will react to this. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Quote:
The reason we don't find ourselves in a "demographic winter" is largely because of the fertility rates of our immigrants,

And our homeschoolers! :wink:

A couple years ago, we spent 4th of July weekend with three other homeschooling families. There were eight adults and twenty-six children, ranging in age from 23 years down to just a few months. It was so much fun. Homeschoolers value life almost by definition, even those who homeschool for secular reasons.

Along a similar note, a dear Catholic cousin of mine began homeschooling her triplets several years ago. She told me that she was amazed when she went to a homeschool convention, to see all the large families. She said, "that's what most Catholic families used to be like when I was young, but now even Catholic families are generally small. It's SO GOOD to see those big families!"

Last year I read that Russia had declared a national holiday/contest. The idea was that all workers had the day off, and were encouraged to go home and "make a baby." Nine months from that day, the first child born received all kinds of media attention, and his parents won a brand new SUV and other prizes.

Someone needs to tell Pelosi. Can't we learn from the mistakes of others?

I heard a Christian speaker say once that we, as a culture, apply for a curse (credit cards/debt) and reject a blessing (children).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:39 pm 

Liked: 152
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Last year I read that Russia had declared a national holiday/contest. The idea was that all workers had the day off, and were encouraged to go home and "make a baby." Nine months from that day, the first child born received all kinds of media attention, and his parents won a brand new SUV and other prizes.

Someone needs to tell Pelosi. Can't we learn from the mistakes of others?

I heard a Christian speaker say once that we, as a culture, apply for a curse (credit cards/debt) and reject a blessing (children).

Japan must be following Russia's lead:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/01/26/canon.babies/index.html
Quote:
Workers urged: Go home and multiply
By CNN's Kyung Lah

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- Even before one reaches the front door of Canon's headquarters in Tokyo, one can sense the virtual stampede of employees pouring out of the building exactly at 5:30 p.m.
Japan's birth rate of 1.34 is below the level needed to maintain the country's population.

In a country where 12-hour workdays are common, the electronics giant has taken to letting its employees leave early twice a week for a rather unusual reason: to encourage them to have more babies.

Japan is in the midst of an unprecedented recession, so corporations are being asked to work toward fixing another major problem: the country's low birthrate. Tell us what you think

At 1.34, the birthrate is well below the 2.0 needed to maintain Japan's population, according to the country's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.

Keidanren, Japan's largest business group, with 1,300 major international corporations as members, has issued a plea to its members to let workers go home early to spend time with their families and help Japan with its pressing social problem. Watch more on this story Video

One reason for the low birth rate is the 12-hour workday. But there are several other factors compounding the problem -- among them, the high cost of living, and social rigidity toward women and parenting.

In addition, Japan's population is aging at a faster pace than any other country in the world.

Analysts say the world's second-largest economy faces its greatest threat from its own social problems, rather than outside forces. And the country desperately needs to make some fixes to its current social and work structures, sociologists say.
advertisement

The 5:30 p.m. lights-out program is one simple step toward helping address the population problem. It also has an added benefit: Amid the global economic downturn the company can slash overtime across the board twice a week.

"It's great that we can go home early and not feel ashamed," said employee Miwa Iwasaki.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:37 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
from townhall.com:

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
Another:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:24 am 
*** General

Liked: 25
I remember reading recently that Russia has a 64% abortion rate in the country, like more that half of the pregnancies end in abortion. They are now trying to get their population up, but they are having trouble also with the high rate of suicides there as well.