Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Video at the website:

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

Quote:
AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry today joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.

HCR 50 is authored by Representatives Brandon Creighton, Leo Berman, Bryan Hughes, Dan Gattis and Ryan Guillen.

To view the full text of the resolution, please visit:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HC00050I.htm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 0
Im very surprised Rick Perry did this.. I still dont trust the guy, but this is still a positive development

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:27 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 5
Mike Mitrosky wrote:
Im very surprised Rick Perry did this.. I still dont trust the guy, but this is still a positive development

I know only very little about him. Out of curiousity, why don't you trust him?

- Governor Mike Huckabee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:07 pm 
Just as a matter of interest, today on the radio I heard Rudy Giuliani (sp?) say that Perry was his good friend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:36 pm 
*** General

Liked: 14
We weren't thrilled with him at first & he wasn't as strong on border control as we wanted but lately he has done better in several areas. We are supportive of this move. He's been more vocal lately on the border issue & the economy - could be looking for something in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Interesting to see him take a stand like this... hope he stands his ground

btw, good to see you Chris!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:54 pm 
*** General

Liked: 14
Thanks. We were all sick for months. Still trying to catch up on cleaning but I try to pop in when I can dig my way out of the clutter. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Local news says that Perry is running for re-election as governor. He has a lot of ground to make up for corrupt things like circumventing state legislature to mandate the majorly controversial & expensive Gardasil vax (yes, Merck does contribute to his coffers, why do you ask? :roll: )

This is a positive step in the right direction I guess. Beats the heck out of rival Kay Bailey Hutchison at least, but that's not saying much.

I enjoyed this news article! (I believe TX is the only state that retained an option to secede when it agreed to join the Union - nice reminder to D.C.!):
Quote:
AUSTIN, TX -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" Wednesday with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights.
Perry told the crowd at Austin City Hall -- one of three tea parties he was attending across the state -- that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principles. He said the federal government is strangling Americans with taxation and spending.
During his speech to hundreds in a U.S. flag-waving crowd, there were several shouts of "Secede!"
Later, answering news reporters' questions, Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union. However, Perry said he sees no reason why Texas should make such a move.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."
Perry is running for re-election against U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, a fellow Republican. His anti-Washington remarks have become more strident the past few weeks as that 2010 race gets going and since Perry rejected $550 million in federal economic stimulus money slated to help Texas' unemployment trust fund.
Perry said the stimulus money would come with strings attached that would leave Texas paying the bill once the federal money ran out.

The crowd in Austin appeared to be decidedly anti-Democrat. There were numerous signs denouncing President Barack Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress. Speakers at the rally included Republicans and Libertarians.
State News Channel | 100 most recent Texas stories
Slideshow archive | ABC13 wireless | Headlines at a glance
(Copyright ©2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=6762874

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
I would like to see those who are for the Tea Party movement to get behind reaffirming state's rights. This could be an issue that I think most would agree with, and would be a great starting point for a continuation of all the emotion and effort that the people are willing to put in now. What do you guys think?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am 
Corporal

Liked: 0
Mrs. P wrote:
Mike Mitrosky wrote:

I know only very little about him. Out of curiousity, why don't you trust him?

He is a member of the Bilderbergers.. he tried to sell out Texas with the NAFTA superhighway..

Coincidentally, my governor of New Jersey, (who is also a member of the Bilderbergs) also tried to sell out his state by selling roads off to foreign countries.

Unamericans both of them.

Globalists only want to see American sovereignty diminished. And they especially despise the 10th Ammendment.