Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
MAKE SURE YOU WERE COUNTED!

Grover Norquist, with Americans for Tax Reform, is trying to compile an ACCURATE count of how many Tea Parties there actually were, and what the real attendance figures were.

So far, they list 289 Tea Parties, with a total of at least 360,000 people, as of Friday night.

Please go to this website, and see if the Tea Party in your city is listed. if not, send him a message with your info:
http://www.atr.org/people-attended-yesterdays-tax-tea-parties-a3138

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Thanks for the heads-up! Our city wasn't listed, so I just sent them a comment with the estimate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 21
Thanks for posting. They did not have the one from Little Rock.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:39 am 
** General

Liked: 107
Thanks, just left a comment about the 2,000 in Tyler, TX.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 am 
Major General

Liked: 23
Thanks for the web site, our Tea Party in Gilmer, TX was NOT listed and I sent message with media sources to verify it. Looks like many had not been included in the total number.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 am 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
That site kinda of cracks me up, considering that it says 5,000 people showed up in Portland, OR. Local news stories credit "about 100." The most generous guess I could find was 1,000 people.

Just saying, as much as we like to protest anything and everything...Portland isn't your most conservative location. :lol: Might want to take the numbers on that site with a large grain of salt.

Word of advice, if you are going to inflate numbers...don't use the pacific northwest!

Citations:
Oregonian: Roughly 1000 in Portland
http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/inde ... l_tea.html

Well over 1000
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2230218/posts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Well, they have mine listed as 1,000 but the organizer said it was 3,500 so I'm sure they even out.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:23 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
MacGyver wrote:
That site kinda of cracks me up, considering that it says 5,000 people showed up in Portland, OR. Local news stories credit "about 100." The most generous guess I could find was 1,000 people.

Just saying, as much as we like to protest anything and everything...Portland isn't your most conservative location. :lol: Might want to take the numbers on that site with a large grain of salt.

Word of advice, if you are going to inflate numbers...don't use the pacific northwest!

Citations:
Oregonian: Roughly 1000 in Portland
http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/inde ... l_tea.html

Well over 1000
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2230218/posts
Here's a photo of the Portland Tea Party, you could probably get a good guess by counting heads.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:13 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
I can actually get a good guess, capacity at Pioneer Square is about 5,000 and that looks pretty packed.

I am shocked that the Oregonian would distort the numbers so strongly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:27 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 5
Is that a photograph? It looks a little odd, particularly when you scroll left.

- Governor Mike Huckabee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 pm 
** General

Liked: 11
Mrs. P wrote:
Is that a photograph? It looks a little odd, particularly when you scroll left.
It has been colorized by the photographer. It was the best photo that I could find - all the others had only small portions of the crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 pm 
***** General

From Grover Norquist's website, as of....

Quote:
Monday, April 20, 2009 4:00 PM

Updated III: We’ve made another round of updates for everyone. This update includes an additional 75 new Tea Parties. This brings our total up to 364 Tea Parties with a conservative estimate of 449,385 people. Thank you again to everyone that continues to update us. We’re continually making edits to this list. Check back again soon for an even bigger list!

Even if the people posting were doubling their actual crowd estimates, that would still have at least 225,000 Americans taking to the streets, in the middle of the work week, making their own signs in most cases.

O'Reilly was right when he said that the MSM is no longer making ANY pretense about objective reporting of facts... it is "war," he says. The MSM is dedicated to propagating their ideology and nothing else.

I agree. We already knew there was bias...that's been true for the last century or more. But for me, the turning point was the Dan Rather story on Bush being allegedly AWOL. Despite it being proved to be not only patently false but a pathetically amateurish attempt at a smear, CBS stood by that story and no one was fired until it was so belated that it was beyond ridiculous. And even then, they didn't really "fire" Dan Rather.... he merely announced months later that he was retiring. (And then, of course, he's spoken out since then, still standing by the so-called "reporting" behind that piece of raw propaganda.)

CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, PBS, PMSNBC... all of them are nothing more than propaganda organs of the Communist left, determined to "march through the institutions" until there is nothing left of the America we once knew and loved. And they KNOW it.

The encouraging thing is that this much grassroots awareness is in place when it's just a few months into the Obama/Reid/Pelosi occupation. It gives me a glimmer of hope. (The REAL kind)

Keep reminding everyone (esp. in the blogosphere) that Mike spoke out against the bailouts when the rest of the GOP (including McCain AND Romney) were going along with the bailouts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
Glad is was updated but my town along some others in the "comments" section have not been added to the list of locations. I sent my information last Thursday. So the numbers will continue to increase!! Will the final tally be publicized in the media? Probably only Fox & CBN news will cover it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm 
***** General

sandra wrote:
Glad is was updated but my town along some others in the "comments" section have not been added to the list of locations. I sent my information last Thursday. So the numbers will continue to increase!! Will the final tally be publicized in the media? Probably only Fox & CBN news will cover it.

Perhaps we can help with that by putting it on blog comments, AND sending letters to the editor of newspapers.