Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
CBS released a new poll on Sarah Palin today, apparently showing many Americans (including some Republicans) have changed their views on her since November, and mostly in the negative direction.

Link and excerpts below:

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_ ... ontentBody

Quote:
Americans think Sarah Palin is resigning from her position as Alaska’s Governor for political reasons, but there is great skepticism about her potential to be an effective president. In the wake of her announcement, fewer Americans hold favorable views of her than did last fall. And two in three Americans, including most Republicans, say Palin would not have the ability to be an effective president.

Quote:
52% say Governor Palin is resigning because she thinks it is better for her political career, while just a quarter agree with her stated claim that her resignation would be better for Alaska.

For Republicans, 36% think she resigned to advance her political career, and 31% believe she did it mainly for Alaska.

Quote:
Today, only 23% of Americans (and 26% of registered voters) hold a favorable view of Sarah Palin. More - 37% - view her unfavorably. Just prior to the November presidential election, registered voters’ opinions were divided. Now, a sizable number of them (36%) are undecided or say they haven’t heard enough about her – a higher number than last fall.

In other words, 11% of registered voters who had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin back in November now are undecided for whatever reason.

Quote:
One striking finding -- 45% of Republicans say they are are undecided or haven’t heard enough about Palin to offer an opinion, compared to just 31% of Democrats.

Quote:
Whether Sarah Palin runs in 2012 or not, right now most Americans do not think she would have the ability to be an effective president. Majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independents say this. In the fall of 2008, a majority of voters did not think Palin could be an effective president, if that was necessary – but more then – 37% - thought she could. The change is even more striking among Republicans. Last fall 71% of Republican registered voters thought she could be an effective president if that became necessary. Now just 33% think she has that ability.

During the campaign, I would have fallen in the 71% who said Sarah Palin would be an effective President (more out of my opposition to Obama than any sort of allegiance to Sarah Palin). Now I'm not so sure that I'd fall in that 31% who still hold that view.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
Ouch.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:37 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I agree, Chris. I think significantly less highly of Palin at this point than I did during the general. Her problem is that everything she has been doing since then seems to confirm the media's portrayal of her rather than working to improve (disprove) her media tarnished image. I am trying to reserve judgment & take a 'wait & see' attitude, but realistically, it does not look good from here...