Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Has anyone else received a phone call from Newt Gingrich asking you to join his grassroots movement (and make a contribution)? I received one yesterday. They play a recorded message from Newt, then ask if you agree with what he said. I told the girl that I did agree with all that he said and that I was already "on board" with Governor Huckabee over at huckpac so I would not be able to "sign up" with Newt. If anyone gets the call I think it would be great to mention Huckabee. Maybe Newt will decide against running for president if he feels he won't have a good chance for the nomination.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I have been receiving these phone calls from Newt's organization for some time now. It really is only a phone call asking for money. They say they have an important survey question to ask you, but then after one or two questions, they ask for money. I too stated that I was a supporter of Huckabee's and would be donating to his PAC.

Newt has great ideas and he should stick to that. I don't see him gaining any steam for the 2012 race. But I do see him jumping in and endorsing someone this time.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
Havent gotten one yet but I did get a letter from Mitt wanting a donation(here in Fl.).NO Way will that ever happen. I would love to know how he got my name and address. It was addressed using my nickname that I have only used when signing petitions. What are they doing, selling our info now?

If I do get a call from Newt, I will tell them I will be supporting Huck Pac.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
I've gotten at least two calls recently from Newt's staff asking how I felt about a particular issue and then requesting a donation to help him "fight" for us.

I always respond to all of these types of calls (RNC, NRSC, GoPAC, etc.) with the following:

-I appreciate what Newt/organization is doing and would be happy to sign a petition but I will not give them any money
-I trust Gov. Huckabee on the issues that are important to me.
-Any money I do have goes to Huck Pac to help Gov Huckabee elect conservative candidates across America or to individual endorsed Huck PAC candidates

Also, when I get something in the mail I write in red marker something similar. I also get lots of mail from the NRSC and have been pretty hard on them - writing comments like - they blew it when they endorsed Crist over Rubio and that they have a reputation for endorsing RINOs and the conservative base is waking up to what they are doing.

If they get enough of these kinds of responses, they might take notice (but I am not holding my breath) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
I did that as well on Orrin Hatch's stuff or petition. I let him have it. What good would that do? I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I have thought for some time that it would be great if Newt would endorse Huckabee for President. Remember how Newt Gingrich was able years ago to rally Republicans for a revolution to take over the House, with his Contract for America? He also has published some very good papers, under his American Solutions, that we made available at our "Porkulous" pig roast, a fun rally against taxation and spending that our local Republicans put on.

I would like to see Huckabee and Gingrich work together on American Solutions. Also, I am hoping we can find other areas of agreement we can work on with other conservatives. The conservative branch of the Republican Party needs to work together if we are to make an impact in 2010 and 2012.

HuckPAC gets most of my money and donations.