Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 pm 
Interesting that Romney and Huckabee have about the same arguement, although Huckabee has commented more on his support of Hoffman on the issues. As I said in another thread, I think this whole thing hurt Romney more than Huckabee. Remember that a lot of the people making noise about this were on board for Romney in 2008.

http://race42008.com/2009/10/28/romney- ... t-play-it/

Race42008 wrote:
Romney shows hand, but doesn’t play it.
In the controversal NY-23 race, Mitt Romney has not endorsed anyone. That has left people wondering where he stood. Today in Virginia while stumping for McDonnell, he clarified his position

“I have chosen not to endorse the Republican candidate in New York’s 23rd District, “Romney said, “and that should speak a certain amount of volume. I can’t endorse our candidate in that race.

Another report has Romney’s spokesman expounding upon his statement:

Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom provided a few more details regarding Romney’s thinking: “Mitt Romney is a Republican and he tends to support the Republican candidate in races and when he can’t because there are too many differences on the issues, he stays out of the race altogether and that’s the course he’s following in the New York special election. He doesn’t plan to make any endorsement at all.”

So there you have it. Mitt expects his non-endorsements to speak with “a certain amount of volume”. We should then not consider it an accident that Mitt has steadfastly refused to endorse the “establishment” candidate (Crist) in Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:20 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Huckabee has a good reason not to endorse Hoffman, but Romney just doesn't want to make anyone upset (either the establishment or the conservatives) when he runs in 2012. Way to stand on your principles. :roll: