Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
This will be relevant to Gov. Huckabee once he develops an exploratory committee for 2012:
Quote:
Is Ed Schultz's MSNBC Show Illegal? [Daniel Foster]

The National Republican Senatorial Committee has written a letter to MSNBC suggesting that it could be unlawful for liberal talking head Ed Schultz to appear on the network while considering a Senate run in North Dakota:

In the absence of either a furlough on Mr. Schultz’s part from the air, or his ceasing to explore a federal candidacy while appearing on air, Mr. Schultz’s use of MSNBC airtime to explore his candidacy potentially constitutes an illegal in-kind corporate contribution by MSNBC to Mr. Schultz. Mr. Schultz’s multiple statements make clear that he is exploring a Senate candidacy, and he has discussed the matter on a television program MSNBC, at a minimum, airs, pays Mr. Schultz to host, buys advertising space for, and provides production facilities and resources. Setting aside Mr. Schultz’s own legal obligations under federal campaign finance and The Internal Revenue Code related to such candidate exploration, liability for which falls solely and squarely upon Mr. Schultz himself, MSNBC as a corporate entity is prohibited from contributing in any way to his exploration of a Senate candidacy.

The full NRSC letter is here: http://www.politico.com/static/PPM116_msnbc.html

http://corner.nationalreview.com/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:13 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
MSNBC mostly garners a liberal audience which seems to think the only candidates worth supporting are those which are dragged feet first screaminng "He-- no, I won't go!" into the political arena. Tush, tush--this is seriously limiting.

As oppossed to Fox which seems to have the attitude, "We will support any of our on-air personalities who want to run--and many of those who don't."

CNN--my personal favorite--has actually become more independent and centerist during the last campaign.

I think if Mike Huckabee chose to run, Rupert Murdock would simply stand up and say to every on-air personality, "Support "our guy"--or just keep your mouth shut--or wind up posting at 3AM from outer Baluchistan with an 11 second delay." Oh, to see O'Reilly and Hannity standing in a snowy square somewhere in the frozen latitudes wearing a heavy parka and blowing into a mike!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:24 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
lrobb wrote:
I think if Mike Huckabee chose to run, Rupert Murdock would simply stand up and say to every on-air personality, "Support "our guy"

Based on Fox's past performance, I doubt that Mike will get any more support there than he did last time. He won't be treated seriously as a candidate until he has considerable success in the primaries. Maybe when he gets past South Carolina as the front-runner, they might consider it possible that he could win the nomination and begin talking that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
South Carolina? No prob!

Andre Bauer, Dave and me--and about 10K other volunteers. Bring it on! I have a dining room table, 5 cell phones, at least 9 Huckabee supporter friends, and I won't back down! If I could put out 50 Huckabee signs in 2008, I will commit to 250 in 2012 (My kids are back in town except the one in Afghanistan. The "Mom Factor" wins hands down.")

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
The potential problem for Schultz is that he is talking about his potential candidacy on the air. It is one thing to be interviewed...that happens...but he is bringing it up. I dont know the details of the law in this regard but this isn't a problem for Mike. What Mike prob won't be able to do is talk about running on his show. He will just have to make a clean break.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
lrobb wrote:
South Carolina? No prob!

Andre Bauer, Dave and me--and about 10K other volunteers. Bring it on! I have a dining room table, 5 cell phones, at least 9 Huckabee supporter friends, and I won't back down! If I could put out 50 Huckabee signs in 2008, I will commit to 250 in 2012 (My kids are back in town except the one in Afghanistan. The "Mom Factor" wins hands down.")

I LOVE this attitude . . . isn't it amazing what just one person can do!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Quote:
South Carolina? No prob!

I second that! I volunteered last time and broke out from my call office to get my own group together to make calls in the next town (where my husband had an office). I was soooo upset when Huckabee lost here (by such a small amount of votes) and kept thinking we could have made more calls, etc. I am determined to do whatever I can to see that Huckabee carries SC BIG TIME. I talk to eveyone I can about Huckabee because I figure it is never to early.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
PrinciplesMatter wrote:
The potential problem for Schultz is that he is talking about his potential candidacy on the air. It is one thing to be interviewed...that happens...but he is bringing it up. I dont know the details of the law in this regard but this isn't a problem for Mike. What Mike prob won't be able to do is talk about running on his show. He will just have to make a clean break.

I agree. Mike has not claimed to be running for anything at this point, not even dog-catcher. I do not see any conflict unless and until he were to announce a candidacy. As much as he enjoys his show on FoxNews and the daily radio spots on ABC, I doubt he will end these before he is very sure he wants to run for President. They are not only lucrative for a future possible candidate, but they also provide a wonderful pulpit to get out his messages of freedom and doing right (as opposed to "political correctness.") :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
nrobyar wrote:
Quote:
South Carolina? No prob!

I second that! I volunteered last time and broke out from my call office to get my own group together to make calls in the next town (where my husband had an office). I was soooo upset when Huckabee lost here (by such a small amount of votes) and kept thinking we could have made more calls, etc. I am determined to do whatever I can to see that Huckabee carries SC BIG TIME. I talk to eveyone I can about Huckabee because I figure it is never to early.

You guys (gals) are amazing! I hope to be as determined and ("I-know-I-shouldn't-be-chicken") brave to make all those calls. I did quite a few, but I felt so uncomfortable and thought others would be much better than shy me. God does give a variety of gifts (such as your organizational skills). But also, we might be able to double what we did in the past, even where we aren't "comfortable." That would have me making 120 calls instead of the 60 I did to Texas.