Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Follow the link to take a 30 question survey to see how you fare against average Americans in your knowledge about the American Revolution.

I found it quite interesting and it gave me motivation to study this time period much more especially since I am very interested in the founding fathers' intent and our current loss of freedoms. I got a lot more correct than the general population but did not do as well as I would have liked.

http://www.americanrevolutioncenter.org/node/198

There is also a link on their website (americanrevolutioncenter.org) that will let you take a 10 question quiz with some of the same but new questions as well. It is under the topic: What do you know about the American Revolution?

Have Fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Took the test and got these wrong.

19 TV trivia
22 Olympics trivia

28 I guessed this one correctly, but I really didn't know the answer for sure

Does anyone know why they included some irrelevant questions?

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:10 am 
Lieutenant General

Here is a great archive of historic documents I really like.,

http://www.constitution.org/liberlib.htm

The main site is pretty good as well.

http://www.constitution.org/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am 
*** General

Liked: 25
I took the ten question quiz and scored a 90! :D I missed the last battle, but hey, I am pleased all my years of teaching my kids in home school paid off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm 
Lieutenant General

c murphy wrote:
I took the ten question quiz and scored a 90! :D I missed the last battle, but hey, I am pleased all my years of teaching my kids in home school paid off.

Congratulations. Did you even get the three completely irrelevant
TV, Olympics and Music Trivia questions?
If those were the 3 of thirty that you missed to get 90%, I would say you got a perfect score!

There was another question, which was not directly relevant to the
American Revolution but a good history question nonetheless.

Teaching your children sure paid off.
It has been almost forever since I first learned this, but renewed my interest in
the Constitution during the 2008 elections, and I needed a better context of the period when it and other historic documents were written.
Guess we're never too old to learn.

P.S. The links I put in my previous post may be helpful in your homeschooling endeavors.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice you took the ten question quizz.
I just printed the 30 question, answered them, and then checked my work.
I am still impressed with the knowledge I have seen here and also on the Liberty sites in general.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
I might just do what you did, but I am out of paper currently. I was happy over the results. The last question on the jewish fianancier was a lucky educated guess. I somehow recognized the name.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:36 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
Quick--what Revolutional War general is pictured on the National Survey site?

If you answered this question correctly as Nathaniel Green, welcome to my world. Living in South Carolina is a constant source of delight to me because of its Revolutionary War connections. SC was the single most significant state in the latter years of the war, and my house sits practically on top of one of Francis Marion's possible campsites. I am trying to document it from primary source materials such as diaries, receipts, bills-of-lading, and the field reports of Gen. Green who was in charge of the South Carolina campaign. I hope SouthernDoc appreciates my efforts, as amateur as they may be.

Missed 1 on the 30 question quiz--and an embarassing one it was. I am in a legal services profession and missed the first Supreme Court justice--checked John Marshall instead of John Jay. (Bad British Colonial History major lady!) Thanks to my midnight roamings on the internet I did get the 3 modern questions correct. I presume the test panel threw them in to keep anyone under 30 from making goose eggs on the test.

I have been unable to locate the 10 question test. Can anyone help me out here?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 pm 
Lieutenant General

lrobb wrote:
Quick--what Revolutional War general is pictured on the National Survey site?

If you answered this question correctly as Nathaniel Green, welcome to my world. Living in South Carolina is a constant source of delight to me because of its Revolutionary War connections. SC was the single most significant state in the latter years of the war, and my house sits practically on top of one of Francis Marion's possible campsites. I am trying to document it from primary source materials such as diaries, receipts, bills-of-lading, and the field reports of Gen. Green who was in charge of the South Carolina campaign. I hope SouthernDoc appreciates my efforts, as amateur as they may be.

Missed 1 on the 30 question quiz--and an embarassing one it was. I am in a legal services profession and missed the first Supreme Court justice--checked John Marshall instead of John Jay. (Bad British Colonial History major lady!) Thanks to my midnight roamings on the internet I did get the 3 modern questions correct. I presume the test panel threw them in to keep anyone under 30 from making goose eggs on the test.

I have been unable to locate the 10 question test. Can anyone help me out here?

http://www.americanrevolutioncenter.org/what_do_you_know

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
Missed 6 on the 30 question test :| I actually had to guess more on the pop culture questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:59 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Quote:
Does anyone know why they included some irrelevant questions?
I think they did that to prove a point that most Americans are more familiar with pop culture or Hollywood idol worship than this country's founding events. Like the percentage that know who the current American Idol is but can't name their own Congressmen. It is a real shame. I hope those people stay home on election day!