Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:43 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
I'm sure glad Huckabee is not the featured speaker at this one.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31816.html

Quote:
The convention is being held at a fancy resort, features $550 ticket prices, a steak and lobster dinner and a guest speaker with a $100,000 speaking fee. It’s sponsored by a for-profit company with a mysterious wealthy benefactor, and its organizers, who have been accused of secrecy and corruption, have threatened lawsuits against dissenters and clamped down on news coverage.

Sounds like just the kind of thing that tea party activists, whose populist outrage is directed at the Washington and Wall Street establishments, would be up in arms over.

Except it’s a tea party convention.

Billed as a pivot point to transition the tea party movement from a chaotic uprising to an organized and sustainable political force and featuring Sarah Palin as its star attraction,

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/01 ... z0dIFfzYp3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Amen - this shows a leadership out of touch with the grassroots! Now where have I heard that before?... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
I've been trying to follow this and it is like a soap opera, or maybe better a litany of double crosses. From the web developer who donated a lot of his time to what then was a non profit org. Also several conservative groups have been dissed by the now for profit entity. Not to mention the main guy missing payment on a loan to finance Sarah Palin's speaking fee. It goes on and on. Maybe this is a planned implosion. Too bad Sarah has unwittingly positioned herself in the middle of it. Or maybe she had it coming to her. Thankfully, Mike is too wise to get swallowed up in something like this.
Everyday grassroots folks can't even attend because of the steep fees.
They also cherry-picked the media to cover it, I heard.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.