Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:19 am 
Colonel

Liked: 17
Anybody know anything about these races? I am from Kansas and will be voting for Todd Tiahrt for US rep, Sam Brownback for Gov. for sure! I don't know much about the other races though!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:27 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Gov. Huckabee is backing the following in Michigan:

Mike Cox - Governor
Triston Cole - State Rep District 105
Randy Bishop - State Senate District 37

See the Governor's post last night at Huck PAC:

http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3170

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 am 
***** General

In Missouri:

Bill Long - Congress 7th

Roy Blunt - Senate

Sam Graves -Congress 5th

Here's an article posted at Graves website about the three races:

http://www.gravesforcongress.com/Articl ... Blunt.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:31 am 
***** General

Kansas:

Tim Huelskamp - Congress 1st District

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Do all of these candidates have primary challengers???

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Endorsed by Huckabee...
Steadfast wrote:
Kansas:

Tim Huelskamp - Congress 1st District

These all have challengers and definitely need our help:
Definitely - Tiahrt for Senate in Kansas...

Pompeo in 4th District (Tiarht's seat)

Kris Kobach for Sec of State in KS: great candidate, Constitutional scholar and UMKC professor, past aide to John Ashcroft, writer of brief to support 2nd Amendment in last Supreme Court challenge AND co-author of the Arizona border security (illegal immigrant) law.

Sen. Sam Brownback is opposed but is expected to win easily as Republican's candidate for Kansas Governor. He will be excellent.

~~~~~~~~~~
I voted this AM for Todd Tiarht for Senate This is the big race in my mind because of the critical need now for strong conservatives in the Senate. Tiahrt is the true conservative, endorsed by Kansans for Life, NRA, Dr. James Dobson and many other conservatives, lately Laura Ingraham. He has loads of real conservatives, while Moran, his opponent, has endorsements of agriculture groups and his C Street apartment mates in Washington. One of these friends, Tom Tancredo, was so upset by Moran's lies that he has changed his endorsement to Tiahrt.

Jerry Moran, has played the Romney card, failing to support conservative issues very strongly, but coming out for life, tax cuts, etc. the last minute in time for the 2010 elections. He would not co-sponsor the Parental Notification, the Human Life Amendment, or the Child Protection Act with Tiarht until a couple months ago after pressure from conservatives. Moran, like Romney, worked for Health Care for Rural Kansas, voting to deny rebates to veterans but to allow them to illegals. Moran voted for the $400 billion stimulus before voting against it. Moran received the endorsement and money from SEIU--the liberal, sometimes violent, government workers union that gave Obama $27 million.

Quote:
What’s the Matter with Kansas Politics? Moore Questions about Moran.

Thursday, 29 July 2010 16:22
By: Kathryn Jean Lopez
National Review Online
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/233787/whats-matter-kansas-politics-moore-questions-about-moran-kathryn-jean-lopez

In recent days, Paul Moore, the former campaign manager of Kansas Republican congressman Jerry Moran, has endorsed Moran’s opponent, Moran’s colleague Todd Tiahrt.

In his Tiahrt endorsement letter, Moore, a former assistant U.S. attorney, explains that after working for Congressman Moran for a brief period, he concluded that Moran “was not instinctively conservative and that his willingness to actually lead against the tide of government intrusiveness into our lives and businesses was practically nonexistent.”

He continues: “To my surprise, Jerry Moran winced at the frequent use of the words ‘conservative’ or ‘pro-life’ to portray himself out of fear he might offend moderate or pro-choice voters. He ultimately relented to the political realities and has thoroughly advertised himself as ‘pro-life’ and ‘conservative’ to describe who he needed to become to get elected.”

The letter went on: “Our country desperately needs men and women of backbone who don’t have to consult political weather vanes to know what they stand for. Neither candidate is perfect, but Todd Tiahrt will instinctively stand up for the country’s founding principles — without regard for the political winds. Jerry Moran would be reliable — so long as the winds are blowing in a conservative direction, as they are now.”

Moore was quickly dismissed by the Moran campaign, including Congressman Moran himself on Tuesday night, as a “disgruntled” former employee. On Wednesday night, Moran continued to defend himself, saying that being pro-life is an “innate” matter of “faith” to him.

Moore answers the congressman’s charge with an e-mail from Jerry Moran he has released to National Review Online. The e-mail to campaign aides was written on March 12th with the subject line “Current thinking” in which Moran communicates:

"What about significantly reducing the use of the word “conservative?”

"I continue to hear complaints.

"Rather focus on an anti Washington/reform campaign. Something moderates and conservatives can agree on."

Scott Howell, Congressman Moran’s longtime media consultant, responded to the e-mail by arguing that it’s far from a fair context in which to view Moran. He tells NRO: “Look at Jerry’s voting record. That should be clear enough. Jerry has an A rating with the NRA and a near perfect or perfect rating with right to life groups.”

Moore’s release of the e-mail to NRO comes in the wake of the National Right to Life PAC’s endorsement of Tiahrt. The Kansans for Life Political Action Committee has also endorsed him.

The argument that Tiahrt supporters make is that while both congressmen have pro-life voting records, there is no question that Todd and Vicki Tiahrt are devoted pro-life activists, mainstays at pro-life events (Mrs. Tiahrt has served on an education board of Kansans for Life). The same cannot be easily said of Moran, and Moore’s accusations do raise questions about what kind of leader he would be on such issues in the Senate.

In explaining the endorsement, Kansas for Life PAC board member David Gittrich tells me, “We researched this race extensively and were looking for signs that would indicate that one of the candidates had the pro-life cause in their heart. We looked at pro-life activity over the years, their voting records, and any awards or recognition received by either candidate from organizations outside of Kansas.” He adds that “Todd Tiahrt has a 100% pro-life voting record and a couple of his efforts were so significant that the other side called them ‘Tiahrt Amendments’ in a derogatory way.”

Moore says that based on his short time working for Congressman Moran, he expects Moran would either be a moderate Republican or not a leader on the life issues, which Moore considers just as bad at this moment in history. Earlier this week, Moore told me: “There are times when a Nancy Landon Kassebaum might be the ideal — or acceptable — candidate. There are times that require something quite different. That’s certainly the choice in this race and why I feel deeply about it.”

To the “moderate” accusation, Moran’s Howell responds: “Jerry has always been a conservative. And he has shown courage standing up to tremendous pressure when Republicans were spending money like drunken sailors. He’s cast some hard votes. That is real conservative leadership. Just ask Jim DeMint about Jerry.”

DeMint has indeed endorsed Moran. Sarah Palin, meanwhile, has endorsed Tiahrt.

The moderate accusation was further answered by the Moran campaign in the form of a Spanish-language PDF from Tiahrt’s 2002 campaign, which touts Tiahrt’s support for drivers’ licenses for illegal immigrants. A Tiahrt aide claims the mailer was in parts “inaccurate,” done by over-eager volunteers at the time and notes that Tiahrt has Tom Tancredo’s endorsement (Tancredo actually switched his endorsement to Tiahrt earlier this month, citing Moran’s voting record).

There’s a lot of “he said, he said” here — and a lot of “he endorses, she endorsed” — but this may all help the voter’s discernment process. I don’t envy Kansans trying to sift through it all. Certainly there can be little doubt that there will be more to come in the run-up to Tuesday’s primary.

But here’s what I do know in the midst of the eleventh-hour campaign noise: In a post-Santorum Senate, the body can use as many courageous voices in defense of innocent human life as it can get. They’re losing one, with Sam Brownback’s leaving. That seat would remain filled with Tiahrt. (In fact, Tiahrt stood apart from even Brownback in opposing former Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius’s nomination as secretary of Health and Human Services, because of her ties to late-term-abortion provider George Tiller, who was later murdered.) That’s not to say Jerry Moran is not pro-life — Paul Moore stresses that he can’t and won’t make that claim. But he’s seen both candidates and knows which one’s the leader there.

Quote:
Cobb endorses Tiahrt

Thursday, 29 July 2010 16:28
By: Steve Kraske
Kansas City Star
http://www.primebuzz.kcstar.com/entries/cobb-endorses-tiahrt/#ixzz0v74ehyDT

A vice president for Americans for Prosperity just endorsed Todd Tiahrt for the U.S. Senate.

Alan Cobb, who has deep political roots in Kansas, said in an open letter today he could no longer stand on the sidelines.

Here’s the letter:

Dear Kansas Friends and Conservatives,

Having professional relationships with both candidates in the U.S. Senate race, I was not going to get involved in this race. Recent actions by the Moran campaign have created a tipping point where I felt I had to weigh in.

The intimidation tactics used by the Moran campaign toward others who have decided to support Congressman Tiahrt have absolutely no place in Kansas politics. Having personally been the subject of attempted political intimidation in the past, I have a special sensitivity about such outrageous behavior.

For those of us who care about fiscal responsibility, Todd Tiahrt is the best choice for the U.S. Senate. He has a long and reliable track record supporting spending constraints. And he has opposed every tax increase since he has been in public office. In short, Todd is a fighter against government growth.

While many believe that Congressman Moran and Congressman Tiahrt’s records are similar, there are many clear differences when it comes to being a leader on fiscal issues.

Todd has never voted for a tax increase while Congressman Moran has.

Congressman Moran’s record of voting for higher taxes matters in this Senate race. Congressman Moran’s votes for higher income and cigarette taxes just last year in order to pay for an expanded welfare program raises some troubling questions.

When it comes to differences in style, Todd is team player who fights for victory while Congressman Moran is often content standing on the sidelines. That’s why I’m endorsing Todd Tiahrt who is sure of where he stands and has a superior record fighting for lower taxes, less government and more individual freedoms.

Cobb managed the Shallenburger for Governor campaign in 2002, was a director of Kansas Public Affairs for Koch Industries, and served as Deputy State Directory for U.S. Senator Bob Dole and U.S. Senator Sheila Frahm in Kansas City, Kansas.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Steadfast wrote:
Gov. Huckabee is backing the following in Michigan:

Mike Cox - Governor
Triston Cole - State Rep District 105
Randy Bishop - State Senate District 37

See the Governor's post last night at Huck PAC:

http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blog ... og_id=3170

How did I miss it that Trucker Randy was running for State Senate? That's fantastic!
From the Huck PAC link above:

Quote:
Bishop for State Senate: I first met Randy at a rally during my Presidential campaign, one freezing cold January night in Michigan. He wanted me to speak at an event in Traverse City the next night, but the campaign was taking me back down to South Carolina, so I asked Randy if he would speak on my behalf and he did.

I was proud to have Randy represent me then, and I’m honored to endorse him now.

Candidates like Randy are the very reason I ran for President and the very reason I started Huck PAC. It is important to me that candidates like Randy – hard-working, patriotic Americans who only want what is best for our country – be elected to office.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
Steadfast wrote:

How did I miss it that Trucker Randy was running for State Senate? That's fantastic!
From the Huck PAC link above:

How did you miss it? How did we all miss it? This is awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
When do the polls close?

/John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Tiarht has the momentum in his race with Moran, but I just hope it isn't to little to late. Survey USA has Moran up by 10pts. in their latest poll dated August 1. Bill Benett had Tiarht on his show this morning and Levin had him on last night. Gonna be close, just hope conservatives vote for the right candidate!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Let's not forget Dan Benishek who started to run right when Bart Stupak duped the nation by throwing the prolife supporters under the bus.

Quote:
But fast-forward to today — when he’s facing six Republicans, including an aggressive campaign of state Sen. Jason Allen — and he sounds confident, like a completely different candidate.

“It’s been an amazing ride to tell you the truth,” Benishek said Monday afternoon by phone, after a day of campaigning in his Upper Peninsula district.

As for how things have changed, Benishek now has a spiffy website and campaign consultants (and the ability to fundraise online, which was not always available). When Stupak dropped out of the race, a host of other candidates jumped into the contest.

The number of volunteers who have joined his campaign has stunned him, he says. Even Joe the Plumber of 2008 election fame has stumped with him. Yet, as he looks back on the primary, another volunteer stands out: a 75-year-old retired dentist who has been to over 2,000 homes, going door-to-door for him.

“I mean I can’t keep up with the brochures,” Benishek said with a laugh while talking about how the die-hard supporter kept calling him demanding more campaign literature to distribute.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/08/03/how-t ... z0vaMvUxXq

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
goalieman wrote:
Tiarht has the momentum in his race with Moran, but I just hope it isn't to little to late. Survey USA has Moran up by 10pts. in their latest poll dated August 1. Bill Benett had Tiarht on his show this morning and Levin had him on last night. Gonna be close, just hope conservatives vote for the right candidate!

I hope he can pull it off again. Tiahrt has come from behind the other two times, with hard work and loyal supporters. But this time Moran so outspent him, had the major newspapers endorsements, and has told many lies about how conservative he is as well as trying to paint Tiahrt as not so conservative. It has been nasty and unfair. If Tiahrt cannot win, it will be very sad. He is one who deserves to remain in Congress since he has been such an outstanding champion of life and never raised taxes. I think if people understood the truth they would overwhelmingly vote for Tiahrt, but Moran had the money advantage of late.

If we had just two more weeks, I think the momentum would give Tiahrt a solid win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
justgrace wrote:
goalieman wrote:

I hope he can pull it off again. Tiahrt has come from behind the other two times, with hard work and loyal supporters. But this time Moran so outspent him, had the major newspapers endorsements, and has told many lies about how conservative he is as well as trying to paint Tiahrt as not so conservative. It has been nasty and unfair. If Tiahrt cannot win, it will be very sad. He is one who deserves to remain in Congress since he has been such an outstanding champion of life and never raised taxes. I think if people understood the truth they would overwhelmingly vote for Tiahrt, but Moran had the money advantage of late.

If we had just two more weeks, I think the momentum would give Tiahrt a solid win.

Don't mourn yet.

Moran's whole lead is a result of a three to one advantage with moderates.

It remains to be seen if those moderates will bother to vote.

As unlikely as a win would be in light of the 10 point lead in the public poll, the internals on that lead are of a nature that leaves open the possiblity of an upset.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Is there any way of finding out how it goes for Randy Bishop? Those votes won't be counted live I guess :)

/John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Don't forget about Missouri Prop C which is a referendum on Obamacare. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
Say, is this the official primary thread ? I gotta report on the elections results to my slave drivers at Missouri State University, so I can do Missouri and Michigan.

Just say the word.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm 
***** General

lelouch3071 wrote:
Say, is this the official primary thread ? I gotta report on the elections results to my slave drivers at Missouri State University, so I can do Missouri and Michigan.

Just say the word.

I think that would be awesome - I say go for it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 pm 
Major General

Alright then, I'll start us off.

In Missouri, Roy blunt is currently crushing Purgason by 70.4% to 13.2%

In Michigan, Hoekstra 41.8% to Mike Cox 22.4%

I'll update as the numbers come in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 pm 
Major General

In Kansas, Moran is 65% to Tiarht's 28.9%, 0.2% Precinct reporting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm 
Major General

Hoekstra's been Knocked down to 35.6% to Cox's 24.5% and Snyder's 29.7%

1.1% Precincts reporting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next