Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Wendero wrote:
Looks really dark for Tiahrt :( I don't like Moran, the more I read him about him. A sad day for the tea party movement. Many people say that the tea party movement is fielding weak general election candidates. They don't understand that without the tea party, their wouldn't have been any republican resurgence after the Obama victory.

/John

Yes, it looks more and more like a miracle is needed. Just a couple days ago, polls had Moran ahead by 10%, so this is a remarkable recovery, though Tiahrt may fall short.

It is nothing short of a tragedy for unborn babies that the greatest champion for life in Congress, Rep. Todd Tiahrt--sponsor of over 80 pro-life bills in the last 8 sessions of Congress--may no longer be in office to introduce legislation on behalf of babies, children, pregnant women who are often coerced to abort their babies, parents who are not notified of their daughter's abortion, women and children who are victims of sexual predators, etc. etc. etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
It's great with first-time candidates :) They shake things up, and that's necessary. Even the best men do evil things when they feel their power is not threatened.

In Sweden, you better join a party when your 13 or so, if you want a chance to become MP. In America, normal citizens can join the fray. It's so refreshing to see :)

/John

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 am 
Site Admin

Wendero wrote:
Looks really dark for Tiahrt :( I don't like Moran, the more I read him about him. A sad day for the tea party movement. Many people say that the tea party movement is fielding weak general election candidates. They don't understand that without the tea party, their wouldn't have been any republican resurgence after the Obama victory.

/John

The problem here is that two very strong candidates were running against one another. And this was a nasty campaign, with lots of lies told about Tiahrt. Also, Moran has painted himself in ads as far more conservative than he has been. I see that we will need to come together to win, and by that I mean we may need to put aside some differences with other conservatives to band together. We needed to start sooner and work harder. I feel so bad for those hard-working aides and volunteers and wish I had done more. Too late now.

As we suspected, with the western Kansas votes coming in later, Moran's lead is now 10,000 over Tiahrt. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:45 am 
Site Admin

KSN Channel 3 called the victory for Moran over Tiahrt. I think it is time for me to call it a day and pray for the Tiahrts and their staff, who will have a long and sad night, that they may get much-needed rest. I pray God will heal the hurts cast on them by the Moran campaign lies and maligning.

Also, my friend Cheryl has dropped behind, but I am still very proud of her for running and hope she pulls ahead before the night is over.

Good night friends, and thanks for being interested in this Kansas race, as well as Missouri and Michigan primaries.

Victories in Kansas:
Huelskamp (Huckabee endorsed)
Kris Kobach, Sec. of State
Pompeo, District 4 Representative

For these great candidates we thank the Lord. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
JustGrace

I Kings 19:18

8) :) 8)

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Southern Doc wrote:
JustGrace

I Kings 19:18

8) :) 8)

Cool!

I had turned off my computer, but on the way to bed I saw that Rep. Todd Tiahrt was on television, giving his concession speech. It was something like this:

With barely controlled voice that threatened to break down in tears, Todd said, "I love you all. Congratulations to Jerry Moran. He ran a strong campaign. It has been a long 550 days (since I announced). You have worked so hard.

Seventy seven year old ____ walked three precincts in over 100 degree weather yesterday. Cindy Daugherty, a Gulf War veteran, walked 20 precincts by herself, using braces, in June and July.

"You tried to make a difference. You have made this country stronger. God bless America.

"We ran a campaign to reduce government spending and taxes, to give freedom to people. We ran a good race."

A few people I would recognize:
~ ___ Stoneker, Kansas Rifle Association, thanks
~ David Gittrich, Kansans for Life
~ Paul Moore (who switched from Moran to Tiahrt campaign)
~ Paige ___, Kansas College Republicans...
You took a risk. I am in your debt.

My wife will speak now. She is a hard act to follow. She has been a great advocate and campaigner. A lovely wife and mother."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Wow!

Quote:
That was at 1 AM. As of 7 am, the race looked a lot closer — with Benishek leading by a single vote, 27,091 to 27,090. That means that the state will almost certainly have to hold a recount, if these vote totals remain in place. Allen could concede, but with a single vote’s difference, he’ll at least want to step through a recalculation of precinct totals to double-check the math (which has been known to uncover simple arithmetic errors).

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/04/g ... to-finish/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

ConservTexan wrote:
Wow!

Quote:
That was at 1 AM. As of 7 am, the race looked a lot closer — with Benishek leading by a single vote, 27,091 to 27,090. That means that the state will almost certainly have to hold a recount, if these vote totals remain in place. Allen could concede, but with a single vote’s difference, he’ll at least want to step through a recalculation of precinct totals to double-check the math (which has been known to uncover simple arithmetic errors).

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/08/04/g ... to-finish/

The power of one vote!!! This is a good reminder to call our friends, family, and neighbors next time we have a good candidate we support. Were there any absentee votes, etc. that were to be counted? Any more news on this race?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:19 pm 

Liked: 152
justgrace wrote:
The power of one vote!!! This is a good reminder to call our friends, family, and neighbors next time we have a good candidate we support. Were there any absentee votes, etc. that were to be counted? Any more news on this race?

Stupak seat: Allen, Benishek vote could take weeks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12