Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
http://www.wsbtv.com/politics/24539109/detail.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:56 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
David, I believe Huck's endorsement of Nathan Deal is going to put him over the top!! So glad all you guys are excited and involved in these races in Georgia!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just got an "on the ground" update from Brian in Georgia!

He says things are really moving in Deal's direction!!! Huck's endorsement is making a difference.

BRIAN SAYS WE NEED TO KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING BY MAKING PHONE CALLS!!

(Brian also said that the Huck endorsement is really helping Woodall in the 7th)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:29 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
This is a make or break time. If Deal wins the run-off, this will put both Palin and Romney in their places.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Been a busy day on the trail today. The biggest event being Governor Sonny Perdue's annual Fish Fry. It's one of the most heavily attended events by Georgia Republicans every year.

For the first time that I know of there was a straw poll. It was done in a very unique way. Everyone who attended was given a peanut. There were two ballot boxes. One for Handel and one for Deal. I have just been informed that Deal won the straw poll 52%-47%!

Lots of enthusiastic energy for Deal's campaign down in Perry today (in Central Georgia at the state Fairgrounds where the Fish Fry was held). His speech elicited the loudest cheers and greatest applause and when he mentioned Huckabee's endorsement there was even more. I noticed several people that I had shook hands with earlier had Handel stickers on before the speech and I saw a few of them again later after the speech and their stickers were mysteriously missing.

Deal is dominating the news cycle. This campaign has played out like a Roll-Your-Own poker game. Handel was the player in the middle of things who had to play nearly all of her cards too early. All of her key endorsements came before the primary. She's had little positive news since the runoff campaign began. Meanwhile Deal has scored with 6/7 Republican Congressmen, and 2/3rds of the Republican State Legislators and of course Huckabee's endorsement, our phone calls, Huck's calls, and Huck's rally tomorrow.

Sarah is coming on Monday but her event is being held in a small Hotel ballroom in Buckhead (Midtown Atlanta). Huck's rally for Deal is being held in a much larger venue in Gainesville, GA tomorrow. Tells you all you probably need to know about the landscape lately.

KEEP MAKING THE CALLS...IT'S VERY IMPORTANT DEAL WINS ON TUESDAY!!!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:30 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Thanks, BDBopper, for the update...that was encouraging. Making calls today, Sunday and Monday to help Nathan Deal to win.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
BDBopper wrote:
Sarah is coming on Monday but her event is being held in a small Hotel ballroom in Buckhead (Midtown Atlanta). Huck's rally for Deal is being held in a much larger venue in Gainesville, GA tomorrow. Tells you all you probably need to know about the landscape lately.
And he and Deal are coming in by helicopter! How exciting!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
I hope that Huckabee and Deal are traveling more than 6 miles by helicopter to get there :wink:

Quote:
August 6, 2010 11:52 AM
Obama Choppers Six Miles For Economy Comments
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:59 pm 
Major General

The momentum in this race is clearly on the side of Nathan Deal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 pm 
***** General

ConservTexan wrote:
I hope that Huckabee and Deal are traveling more than 6 miles by helicopter to get there :wink:

Quote:
August 6, 2010 11:52 AM
Obama Choppers Six Miles For Economy Comments
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

the Atlanta airport and Gainesville are at least 10 times that many miles apart.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
***** General

Handel did have one more card on the table to flip over. Ralph Reed endorsed her today. Not a big surprise. Of course it allows the table to be turned somewhat. Handel spreads her lies about corruption and is endorsed by someone who is alleged to have been connected to the Abramoff scandal (Reed ran for Lt. Governor in 2006 and didn't win nomination because of the allegations).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 pm 
Major General

BDBopper wrote:
Handel did have one more card on the table to flip over. Ralph Reed endorsed her today. Not a big surprise. Of course it allows the table to be turned somewhat. Handel spreads her lies about corruption and is endorsed by someone who is alleged to have been connected to the Abramoff scandal (Reed ran for Lt. Governor in 2006 and didn't win nomination because of the allegations).

I'm not sure that's such a good card to flip. Wasn't her main focus against Nathan was that he was "corrupt" ? And now she's accepting the endorsement of this guy ?

How hypocritical can you be ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm 
***** General

We definitely have the momentum!

If you have not made calls yet, get some in tomorrow...PLEASE!

Send me an email if you need help getting started:

teamhuck.shelley@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm 
***** General

We definitely have the momentum!

If you have not made calls yet, get some in tomorrow...PLEASE!

Send me an email if you need help getting started:

teamhuck.shelley@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Mason-Dixon Poll

Handel 47%
Deal 42%
undecided 11%
margin 4%

I still take this a very good news as Hadel won the primary by 11 points, and Deal has cut her lead by over half.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/20 ... ll-results

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
McFox wrote:
Mason-Dixon Poll

Handel 47%
Deal 42%
undecided 11%
margin 4%

I still take this a very good news as Hadel won the primary by 11 points, and Deal has cut her lead by over half.

Mason-Dixon is an excellent firm. BUT:

this poll was taken over three days (8/3-8/5)and the Insider Advantage poll was taken just on the last day (8/5). Both polls could be correct IF the numbers are breaking toward Deal.

second primaries are ALL about GOTV. Deal seems to have momentum there.

The undecided at this point will not vote or will break against the "incumbent." When there is no actual incumbent they tend to break against the front runner.

This is not like Moran's "10 point lead" in Kansas turning into 5 point on election day. This is much wilder and harder to predict. It's very hard for me to see Deal not being within 2% on election day or it could break big for him.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Interesting tweets from a Bryan Miller. Think he may be with a Gainesville paper, but I'm not sure. He is covering both today's rally and Palin/Handel rally tomorrow. Claims he will be fair -- and doesn't say who he supports.

At any rate, I present his tweets below, from top to bottom (latest to earliest)

Quote:
All in all, I'd say the Deal campaign had 400-500 people. Well energized crowd

Quote:
The room in the Gainesville Civic Center is packed tight of Deal supporters

Quote:
Make that major elected official. Several local politicans showed up super early

Quote:
People are pouring in. So far Congressman Gingrey is the only elected official in the room. Speeches expected to start around 1:30

Quote:
I'm not endorsing anyone. I voted for someone, but for whom will remain a secret. I'm going to cover both events fairly via Twitter. Enjoy!

Quote:
Today I'm in Gainesville for Nathan Deal's event w Mike Huckabee. Tomorrow I'll be in Buckhead for Karen Handel's event w Sarah Palin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 32
Another writeup from the press. This one puts the crowd at about 800.

Either way, sounds like the civic center was jammed pack and energetic.

Quote:
GAINESVILLE, Ga. -- The winner of Georgia’s 2008 presidential primary, Mike Huckaee, put his support behind ex-Congressman Nathan Deal during a brief appearance Sunday at the Gainesville Civic Center.

CommentE-mail Deal is looking for a boost in Tuesday’s runoff for the Republican gubernatorial nomination against Karen Handel. And he’s hoping

Huckabee’s appearance will blunt some of the expected impact from Monday’s appearance of Sarah Palin on behalf of Handel.

Speaking to a crowd of about 800, most still wearing their church clothes at the meeting hall across the street from where Deal attended church himself that morning, Huckabee described Deal as a “conservative’s conservative.” He highlighted Deal’s endorsements from the National Rifle Association and Georgia Right to Life.

“He did not suddenly find his political voice for life to run for this office,” Huckabee said.

The two men met five years ago when Huckabee was governor of Arkansas and chairman of the National Governors Association lobbying for changes in the Medicaid program. Deal chaired the House subcommittee considering the legislation.

“For as long as I’ve known him, I’ve known him as a fighter. I’ve known him as a conservative,” Huckabee said. “And he doesn’t have to go back and re-read his own campaign literature to know what he believes.”

Their friendship stands in contrast to Palin’s relationship to Handel. The two women only met twice.

House Speaker Pro Tempore Jan Jones, the highest-ranking woman in partisan office, told the crowd that most of the Republicans in the legislature publicly endorsed Deal over Handel because of their own relationships with him.

“We’re voting for Nathan Deal because we’ve worked with Nathan Deal,” she said.

Among the crowd were candidates for other offices, including GOP insurance-commissioner hopeful Maria Sheffield and Lee Hawkins, who is in Tuesday’s runoff to succeed Deal in Congress.

Huckabee’s supporters from his presidential campaign have remained active, and many showed up for the event, too, including one man who drove from Macon to wave a homemade signing urging Huckabee to aim again for the White House.

Huckabee told reporters after the rally he didn’t see Tuesday’s vote as a contest between his and Palin’s presidential prospects in 2012.
“This is not a proxy vote about the future. This is about now,” he said.

Huckabee recorded a radio ad and a message to be delivered by robocall to primary voters.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/gover ... nt=Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Southern Doc wrote:
McFox wrote:
Mason-Dixon Poll

Handel 47%
Deal 42%
undecided 11%
margin 4%

Mason-Dixon is an excellent firm. BUT:

this poll was taken over three days (8/3-8/5)and the Insider Advantage poll was taken just on the last day (8/5). Both polls could be correct IF the numbers are breaking toward Deal.

second primaries are ALL about GOTV. Deal seems to have momentum there.

The undecided at this point will not vote or will break against the "incumbent." When there is no actual incumbent they tend to break against the front runner.

This is not like Moran's "10 point lead" in Kansas turning into 5 point on election day. This is much wilder and harder to predict. It's very hard for me to see Deal not being within 2% on election day or it could break big for him.

I am jealous that Huckabee is helping Deal but did not help Tiahrt in Kansas. :( Hopefully, Huckabee's appearance will make the difference.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm 
***** General

Go to Team Huck Georgia page to see video of today's rally!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Huck ... 5911502166