Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
Karen Handel finishes like she started — and Sarah Palin slams Georgia Right to Life
3:32 pm August 9, 2010, by Jim Galloway

If the tone of Karen Handel’s campaign of the last three weeks has surprised political veterans, perhaps it is because it has violated an unwritten rule – that frontrunners should present themselves as good cops.

Let the underdog play bad cop, and make the attacks.

But if Sarah Palin’s visit to Atlanta this afternoon did anything, it made clear that Handel would finish the runoff campaign as she started it – with a furious volley aimed at Nathan Deal and members of the state Legislature who back him.

Said Handel, after climbing the stage to appear with her husband Steve, Palin and her husband Todd:

“Governor Palin was underestimated, too. She took on the powerful career politicians. And no one thought she could win, but she did. And she pushed through real ethics reform that had the political elite screaming in their smoke-filled backroom. And that’s exactly what we’re going to do in this campaign.

“My opponent has virtually the entire political establishment working with him, for him, and attacking me. And they’re doing it because they’re terrified of change. They wanted to keep doing business with the state and having their secret deals and keeping the free trips and free meals. They are fighting with everything they’ve got to keep the status quo. Well, I’ve got some news. They’re going to lose.”

Now, just to keep in touch with reality – those attending the Buckhead event included Eric Tanenblatt, Gov. Sonny Perdue’s former chief of staff, and Fred Cooper, the longtime Republican leader and former party chairman. You will not find a pair of more influential members of the GOP in Georgia.

Palin also hewed to the anti-good-ol-boyism theme:

“Why do so many of us have an opinion on this race? Because it’s epic, it’s historic. The eyes of America are on you, Georgia, to see if you really do want that positive change – and to get rid of that good ol’ boy network that really gets in the way of doing the things that the people…expect from their government.

“When you take on the status quo, and career politicians – they have an entitlement mentality – they’re going to fight you, and they’re going to fight you really hard. And they’ll say some crazy things about you. And some of them, with buddies in the media, will hook up with them, and then – you never know – they may even make things up about you. They’ll make you sound so bad that even your own momma won’t want to vote for you.”

Palin also took a very specific shot at Georgia Right to Life. Handel was the only candidate in the GOP field for governor that the anti-abortion group refused to endorse – Handel favors the right to abortion in cases of rape and incest, and opposes restrictions that GRTL would place on invitro fertilization.

Georgia Right to Life actively campaigned against Handel in the primary. “[Palin] has a son with Down Syndrome (sic), and under Karen Handel’s laws, Handel would have felt like it was OK to go in and abort that child, ” the news website Politico quoted Melanie Crozier, the executive director of GRTL’s political action committee, as saying.

Crozier later said she regretted her remark.

Palin was not assuaged today — though she didn’t mention GRTL by name:

“I know that Karen Handel is pro-family. She’s pro-life. You’ve got really great pro-life organizations here in this state that make a positive difference…Unfortunately, a few – maybe one of these organizations, kind of crossed a line, using my baby Trig in a pretty disgusting, certainly unnecessary attack on your candidate.”

Palin said bringing her kid into the contest – specifically, she said it was a case of “drawing an innocent into a vicious smear” — was reason enough for her to make the cross-country trip to Georgia.

One last note: State Sen. John Douglas of Social Circle, who is in a runoff Tuesday with Tim Echols for a seat on the Public Service Commission, led the Pledge of Allegiance. Not bad face time on the day before a vote.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider- ... t-to-life/

I guess we are "vicious" and "disgusting" over here because we were wondering the same thing as Melanie Crozier. Palin's pro-life cred has diminished enormously since 2008, IMO.

Yes, accepting her Down's baby when she could have aborted him was a heroic act - but you would think her love for him would make her all the more insistent on saving other Down's babies. Yet her political actions are those of someone who does not care. Frankly, her talk & her actions lead me to have cynical, un-Christian thoughts about her decision to resist the temptation to abort. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:02 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I guess we are "vicious" and "disgusting" over here because we were wondering the same thing as Melanie Crozier. Palin's pro-life cred has diminished enormously since 2008, IMO.

Yes, accepting her Down's baby when she could have aborted him was a heroic act - but you would think her love for him would make her all the more insistent on saving other Down's babies. Yet her political actions are those of someone who does not care. Frankly, her talk & her actions lead me to have cynical, un-Christian thoughts about her decision to resist the temptation to abort. :cry:

I know that Sarah Palin has mentioned that it was no easy choice for her not to abort her child but to give him life. She struggled with the decision to give birth/life to Trig. I am sure the Palin family dearly loves this baby, but I agree that it is surprising that she would not fight for saving other Down's babies.

We see few Down's little ones anymore, which is evidence that America has adopted a policy, pushed no doubt among the medical profession, to test for Down's Syndrome genetic and other indicators and do early abortions quite routinely. Our daughter also had an abnormal indicator but chose not to abort and her child did not have any abnormality. They would have loved the baby just as much if he had.

It was unfortunate for the pro-life cause that Palin could not see the difference between GRTL standing for life for all babies and those with a partial pro-life stance. Being pro-life means not discriminating because some babies are not considered "normal." It means that all babies are precious, and as Christians and/or Jews, we are taught that they are created in the image of God.

I wonder which new group some in the medical establishment and the liberal social planners will go after next to eliminate. If parents know they cannot raise a special needs child, it would be better if the child could be adopted than aborted.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
Our daughter also had an abnormal indicator but chose not to abort and her child did not have any abnormality. They would have loved the baby just as much if he had.
Yes, what's really horrific is that the majority of babies aborted for "potential abnormalities" have none. And many are aborting babies with minor, fixable defects like cleft palates. :(