Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Last weekend Huckabee highlighted the story of a cross at ground zero that was found and then later lifted up as a monument at the recovery site to comfort the workers as they cleaned up the rubble. It was a section of steel beams in the shape of a cross. Inspiring. I loved Mike's closing comments!!

Just this evening while listening to the Rusty Humphrey talk radio show, his guest (Jerry Boyer ?) told the story that the first responders to the PA plane crash on 9-11 found everything to be destroyed and undistinguishable EXCEPT an open Bible. Open to Kings 15-16 chapter. I don't remember if he said first or second Kings but that it was the end of the prosperous or peaceful period of the Israelites. He said that it was never covered in the media but that the people in the area where the plane went down were very aware of it.

Has anyone read or heard any of this? I find this fascinating. I agree with Mike, God does speak to us in many different ways. Was this a warning that if we don't turn from our wicked ways that our peace and prosperity are lost and He is giving us another chance or simply that He is here with us in the midst of our grief, or...

I would love to hear youall's thoughts on this and any research you might have uncovered concerning these 'signs'. Perhaps if we looked deep enough, we'll find there was even a sign at the Pentagon.

The guest also mentioned that the date of 9-11 was the date the Muslims were defeated in Spain (? Sorry I don't have all the particulars set in my mind) called Cordoba. It was the beginning of sound defeats for the Muslims ever since. (Was it a coincidence that in all the world the first lady chose that country to visit recently?????)

I had read before that the 9-11 date was chosen because of what the Koran reads in that sura 9-11. Death to the infidels. But this is an interesting thought especially in the face of the Islamic Center that is threatening to be built near ground zero and called Cordoba.

We need to be wise as wolves when it comes to the Islamic religion and its agenda, methods, and goals.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 685
Perhaps you are thinking of this:

Quote:
"BIBLE AMID RUBBLE IS TESTAMENT TO FAITH"
- NEW YORK POST
"Buried under tons of World Trade Center Steel and rubble, rescue workers
found a page from the Bible that spoke of a tower that reached to the heavens. The shocking revelation of faith and hope is "a sign from God that he is still watching over us," said actor and photographer Gary Marlon Suson, who found the passage from Genesis, about the Tower of Babel, amid the ruins. "After more than 93 days of fires, a skinny, little, frail page from the Bible survived. I find it quite unbelievable," he told The POST.

http://www.groundzeromuseumworkshop.com/quotes.htm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 273
Indiana4Huck wrote:
Last weekend Huckabee highlighted the story of a cross at ground zero that was found and then later lifted up as a monument at the recovery site to comfort the workers as they cleaned up the rubble. It was a section of steel beams in the shape of a cross. Inspiring. I loved Mike's closing comments!!

Just this evening while listening to the Rusty Humphrey talk radio show, his guest (Jerry Boyer ?) told the story that the first responders to the PA plane crash on 9-11 found everything to be destroyed and undistinguishable EXCEPT an open Bible. Open to Kings 15-16 chapter. I don't remember if he said first or second Kings but that it was the end of the prosperous or peaceful period of the Israelites. He said that it was never covered in the media but that the people in the area where the plane went down were very aware of it.

Has anyone read or heard any of this? I find this fascinating. I agree with Mike, God does speak to us in many different ways. Was this a warning that if we don't turn from our wicked ways that our peace and prosperity are lost and He is giving us another chance or simply that He is here with us in the midst of our grief, or...

I would love to hear youall's thoughts on this and any research you might have uncovered concerning these 'signs'. Perhaps if we looked deep enough, we'll find there was even a sign at the Pentagon.

The guest also mentioned that the date of 9-11 was the date the Muslims were defeated in Spain (? Sorry I don't have all the particulars set in my mind) called Cordoba. It was the beginning of sound defeats for the Muslims ever since. (Was it a coincidence that in all the world the first lady chose that country to visit recently?????)

I had read before that the 9-11 date was chosen because of what the Koran reads in that sura 9-11. Death to the infidels. But this is an interesting thought especially in the face of the Islamic Center that is threatening to be built near ground zero and called Cordoba.

We need to be wise as wolves when it comes to the Islamic religion and its agenda, methods, and goals.

Might I suggest that you email Pamela Geller and give her the information and see what she knows. I emailed her after she was on Huckabee's show and she responded right away.

Her email is :

WriteAtlas@aol.com

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

While the Muslim Imam who supports terrorist activity of the Hamas and other trainees of the Cordoba Institute is gaining the favor of Mayor Bloomberg of NYC as well as President Obama to build a mosque, a little church that was destroyed right at Ground Zero is waiting to be rebuilt.

Quote:
Future of Destroyed Ground Zero Orthodox Church in Doubt
Nicole Neroulias
Religion News Service
Email thisPrint thisDiscuss thisShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DeliciousShare on DiggShare on StumbleUponmore

August 26, 2010

NEW YORK (RNS) -- Buried by falling rubble from the World Trade Center towers after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, all that remained of the tiny St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church were some candles, two icons and a bell clapper.

These salvaged artifacts are being kept at the headquarters of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America while the church's 70 member families worship at a cathedral in Brooklyn, praying for the day they can return to a new sanctuary in lower Manhattan.

"Everything has been incredibly slow and incredibly frustrating, but until the spring of 2009, everything at Ground Zero was going slowly, not just us," said John Couloucoundis, the president of the St. Nicholas parish council. "It was a slow faucet, but at least the faucet was dripping. But then, last year, they just turned it off."

Construction has begun on the 9/11 memorial and several of the major buildings planned for the 16-acre site, with estimated completion dates between 2011 and 2014. Little St. Nicholas, however, remains in limbo.

Negotiations with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for a land swap and public funding reached an impasse more than a year ago.

The stalemate is only now generating public attention due to heated protests over Park51, a proposed Islamic community center several blocks away that's been dubbed the "Ground Zero mosque" by critics.

"St. Nicholas has nothing to do with this mosque controversy. We believe in religious freedom, and whether the mosque should or shouldn't be there, that's a whole different dialogue," said the Rev. Mark Arey, archdiocese spokesman.

"But it's a rising tide that lifts all boats. People say the mosque has been greenlighted, but why not this church?"

The entire Ground Zero rebuilding process has taken years longer than expected, due to the arduous rescue, recovery and rubble-removal efforts, followed by the bureaucratic process of establishing property ownership and designing the memorial and buildings.

By late 2008, St. Nicholas and the Port Authority had reached a tentative agreement for the church to give up its 1,200-square-foot site at 155 Cedar Street in exchange for 130 Liberty Street, a bigger site half a block away.

Six months later, the Port Authority said negotiations ended because St. Nicholas demanded too much money and approval power over a vehicle security center beneath the sites. Port Authority spokesman Stephen Sigmund said the church can return to its original location.

"In 2009, we made our final offer, which again included up to $60 million in public money, and told St. Nicholas Orthodox Church that the World Trade Center could not be delayed over this issue," he said in a written statement. "They rejected that offer."

Arey said negotiations were in the final stages, with the church "acting in good faith," when the Port Authority suddenly stopped returning calls. He and other church officials think the agency changed course because the fate of the old Deutsch Bank building next to the new site -- which is supposed to become Tower 5 of the rebuilt World Trade Center -- became unclear after JP Morgan Chase took over Bear Stearns' midtown offices and no longer needed a new building downtown.

"Maybe they wanted to figure out what else to do with that property," Couloucoundis said. "The official account is that the church was too demanding. That's completely ridiculous. We weren't suddenly asking for $100 million or to build a church 30 stories high."

The Deutsch Bank building is still partly standing at Liberty Street; a 2007 blaze that killed two firefighters there stalled the demolition, and the Port Authority has not released new plans for what will replace it.

The church is holding firm to the Liberty Street swap plan, and says its old site is unacceptable -- it's too close to the proposed vehicle security center's garage doors, and St. Nicholas needs more space for the visitors to the 9/11 memorial and thousands of new residents in the neighborhood.

The new 130 Liberty Street site could accommodate a church six times bigger than the old one, which was open only twice a week and didn't offer any children's programs.

A three- or four-story building that meets the city's Ground Zero security requirements will cost at least $30 million, Couloucoundis said. The church has raised about $4 million so far, with donations coming in from around the world. Concerns about sloppy book-keeping has prompted the archdiocese to step in to help oversee the funds, he added, and a forensic accountant will be hired to go over the bookkeeping.

"In the end, it's not about the money," Arey said. "There are people all over the world who want to see this church rebuilt. This church will be rebuilt."

Whether the church gets the Liberty Street land or returns to its original sliver of property, rebuilding will have to wait at least three years while the vehicle security center is built underground.

In the meantime, church leaders will continue to raise funds and try to make use of the media spotlight and election-year momentum to get the Port Authority back to the table.

"We've been waiting to hear from them, and we've been trying to make contact, and our efforts have been met with a wall of silence," Couloucoundis said. "Maybe all this will kick-start negotiations again."

Copyright 2010 Religion News Service. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

justgrace wrote:
Perhaps you are thinking of this:

Quote:
"BIBLE AMID RUBBLE IS TESTAMENT TO FAITH"
- NEW YORK POST
"Buried under tons of World Trade Center Steel and rubble, rescue workers
found a page from the Bible that spoke of a tower that reached to the heavens. The shocking revelation of faith and hope is "a sign from God that he is still watching over us," said actor and photographer Gary Marlon Suson, who found the passage from Genesis, about the Tower of Babel, amid the ruins. "After more than 93 days of fires, a skinny, little, frail page from the Bible survived. I find it quite unbelievable," he told The POST.

http://www.groundzeromuseumworkshop.com/quotes.htm

If you go to this link and click on photo gallery at the upper left of the page, you will be able to see more photos. The first one listed appears to be the Bible. Also, the museum sounds fascinating. Located on the second floor of the building at 420 W 14th in New York City, it is available for tour by appointment only. Check the above website. Those who have visited rank it a 5 out of 5. It sounds like a must-see if you go to NYC to visit Ground Zero.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Jihad Will Never Accept a Jewish Middle East State!

And a New York City Cordoba Ground Zero 911 Mosque,

May 29, 2010

http://www.tribulationperiod.com/blog/?p=3201

[Begin Excerpt from Israel Insider via World News]

David Wilder: Caliph Abu Bama, John Brennan, and the Cordoba Initiative to Muslimize America

Posted by Israel Insider on May 21, 2010 in “Obama, Jews and Israel”

A friend of mine gave me a short article published in a New York newspaper, headlined, “Mosque Going Up in NYC Building Damaged on 9/11.” It didn’t take too long to discover that this building, adjacent to the Twin Towers, was making news, big time. The thirteen story mosque, a $100 million dollar project, is being called the Cordoba Initiative.

What is the significance of this name Cordoba? Here in Hebron, across from Beit Hadassah, we also have the Cordoba Girls School, teaching sweet little innocents how to win a place in the next world by killing Jews. What is the connection between the Cordoba initiative in New York and the Cordoba girl’s school in Hebron, you ask?

Cordoba was, for about 500 years, the capital of Islamic Spain. According to Wikipedia, “in the Middle Ages it was a capital of an Islamic caliphate and one of the largest cities in the world.”

What is the best way to keep such memories alive? Of course, to name important places after them. Why keep the memory alive. Because Islam believes that this city, Cordoba, still belongs to them.

Following the attack on Spanish trains in 1994 in Madrid, an Al-Qaeda associate, Brigade of Abu Hafs al-Masri, who took ‘credit’ for the bombings, wrote, “”This is part of settling old accounts with Spain, the crusader…” . In other words, there are still Islamic groups who blame Spain for the fall of Cordoba and the Caliphate hundreds of years ago.

As a result, mosques and schools are named, not only in memory of Cordoba, but as a means to maintain that memory in expectation of future conquest. And now New York will have the great honor, adjacent to the site of the most horrific crime in the United States, to conserve the name of those who perpetrated it.This has, of course, stirred great debate in the land of the free. But that’s old news now. Now there’s news of another big mosque being built in the same neighborhood.

“FOX News has learned that an effort to place a second mosque close to the hallowed site in New York City is in its advanced stages. The Masjid Mosque has raised $8.5 million and is seeking an additional $2.5 million to begin construction. While it apparently has not settled on a final location, it has told donors it plans to build very close to where 3,000 people were killed in the September 11 terror attacks. In fact, the website appealing for donations boldly states that it plans to “build the ‘House of Allah’ next to the World Trade Center. Help us raise the flag of ‘LA ILLAH ILLA ALLAH’ in downtown Manhattan.”

All in the name of freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom to kill anyone and everyone who doesn’t think like you.

But New Yorkers shouldn’t feel bad. Jerusalem too, the holiest city in the world, is also being maligned. Not only by extremist Islam, but from the highest echelons of America the Beautiful.

Following 9/11, President George W Bush initiated the Homeland Security act and added Homeland Security to his cabinet. This organization’s job is to protect the United States from terror such as struck nine years ago, and has almost struck again, numerous times. Of course, there are many ways to an end, to prevent such atrocities. Bush had his ways. America, 2010 has changed.

Today’s Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security is a fellow named John O. Brennan, who recently remarked what an “interesting” group Hezbollah is, and how there’s a need to search out Hezbollah moderates.

Johnny grew up in my old haunting grounds, in New Jersey. He seems overly suitable for his position, having dealt with counterterrorism for many years. However, be it his own initiative, or that of his boss, Brennan seems to have developed a unique approach to fighting Islam. That is, if you can’t beat them, join them.

In a youtube video, Johnny Brennan says, and I quote, (at 1:00) “and in all my travels, the city I have come to love most is al-Kuds.”

Yes, he does mention Jerusalem, after al-Kuds. What is al-Kuds? That’s what Arabs call Jerusalem – ‘the holy.’ In the words and thoughts of a senior presidential advisor, one of the top anti-terror officials in the Obama Administration, Jerusalem is, first and foremost, al-Kuds.

Our Arab, Islamic neighbors have names for all Jewish places. It makes no difference that Jerusalem was Jerusalem thousands of years prior to the advent of Islam. For the Arabs, Tel Aviv, a hundred and fifty years ago still sand dunes, is called, on a map of Palestine, Tell ar rabbee. And again, back in time, Hebron, al khalil. Just as Eretz Yisrael – Israel, is Palestine.

I guess I shouldn’t feel bad. After all, Washington DC Imam Abdul Alim Musa wants to establish an “Islamic State of North America no later than 2050″ http://goo.gl/lQTc.

With counter-terror chiefs like Brennan, and presidents like Hussein Abu Bama, who knows?

For more on the Cordoba Institute, Read Daniel Greenfield on the Ground Zero Mosque: First You Bomb, then you Occupy.”