Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Support Israel
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Thanks for keeping us updated.

I wish there was a poll of American-Jewish people to see how many still support Obama. All of this is going on, and they don't have a clue. They are too busy enjoying the freedoms of the US to pay attention to what is going on in Israel.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:23 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Iowa for Huckabee, it appears that the reactions of Jewish Americans are mixed, but they are increasingly suspicious of President Obama.

This analysis from Free Republic includes responses from 31 prominent American Jewish spokespersons:

Quote:
The open conflict between the Obama administration and the government of Benjamin Netanyahu has created tensions between the United States and Israel of a kind not seen since the days of the administration of the first President Bush. And those tensions are placing [b]unique pressure on American Jews, who voted for Barack Obama by a margin of nearly 4-to-1 in 2008 after being assured by Obama himself and by his supporters in the Jewish community that he was a friend and an ally of the State of Israel despite his long association with, among others, the unabashedly anti-Israel and anti-Semitic Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

We argue that American Jews are facing an unprecedented political challenge, and at a crucial moment, with the need to address the existential threat to Israel—and by extension to the future of the Jewish people as a whole—from a potentially nuclear Iran. How will American Jews handle this challenge? Can Obama’s Jewish supporters act in a way that will change the unmistakable direction of current American policy emanating from the White House? Will American Jews accept Barack Obama’s view that the state of Israel bears some responsibility for the loss of American “blood and treasure” in the Middle East? Will they continue to extend their support to the Obama administration and to Barack Obama’s political party?

I include here only the response of Elliot Abrams. Go to http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2530233/posts for more insight on Jewish American voters.

Elliott Abrams is senior fellow for Middle Eastern Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations. From 2001 through early 2009, he served in a variety of positions on the National Security Council, among them deputy national security adviser for global democracy strategy
Quote:
American Jews like to support Democratic politicians in the U.S. and their rough equivalent, the Labor Party, in the State of Israel...
Poll data and impressionistic evidence suggest that American Jews are increasingly dubious about Barack Obama’s Middle East policy. Most major Jewish organizations, except those that exist solely to support the Democratic Party, have weighed in with anxious complaints, and Democratic politicians also have backed away from public support for the Obama approach.

This is a useful test of American Jews and their leaders: which is the deeper commitment, to Democratic Party politicians regardless of their policies, or to the security of Israel? What do they do when a president presents a left-wing version of American security interests that not only says that the Iraq war was bad and we need to get out of Afghanistan (popular sentiments among American Jewry) but adds that Israel is a threat to American security? How do they react when a Democratic president seems intent on a personal rapprochement with the Islamic world and appears to view Israel as more obstacle and albatross than ally for our country?

How Orthodox Jews will react is clear; those who voted for Obama will abandon him, and the Republican candidate in 2012 will get a majority of Orthodox voters. The question is how Reform and Conservative Jews (and the unaffiliated who say they are “just Jewish”) will react to a White House whose indifference to Israel’s security is palpable. They will certainly not leave the Democratic Party, any more than they did when Jimmy Carter was displaying hostility to Israel and somewhat more Jews voted for Reagan. Many will even more energetically support Democrats in Congress, to prove to themselves that they are still “progressive” at heart, even if they cannot back Obama.

But my own sad prediction is that among non-Orthodox Jews, the real divide will be between activists (whether leaders of community organizations, synagogue officials, major donors, or regular synagogue goers) and the broader majority of Jews. The activists will dump Obama; the rest will not, for their commitment to Israel and, for that matter, to Judaism is simply less powerful than their secular religion—liberalism as represented in the Democratic Party. Whatever excuse they supply themselves (for example, the Republican candidate for president, or even vice president, will undermine “a woman’s right to choose”), they will be displaying their priorities. Israel is simply not near the top of their list.

For which reason, more committed Jews can only thank God for the greater commitment of so many evangelicals—whose party loyalties have not become a religious faith and who will indeed dump Obama if he abandons Israel in a time of peril.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
For which reason, more committed Jews can only thank God for the greater commitment of so many evangelicals—whose party loyalties have not become a religious faith and who will indeed dump Obama if he abandons Israel in a time of peril.

I found this particular turn of phrase to be very striking - the words have a distinctive ring of truth in them. I'd recognized that politics & religion have quite a lot in common, & at times, uncomfortably so - but I had never contemplated it quite so far as the idea of political party as a religion. Till recently.

I had been talking to my kids about astrology & how odd it is that humanity "outgrew" the physical worship of idols, but never managed to outgrow the superstitions of astrology. Somewhere in my thoughts that followed this conversation, I was thinking of liberalism as a sort of new age false religion.

Ironic (demonic), when you look at things from that perspective, that they are the same people who are insisting that religion has no place in the public square & that a politician's faith should NOT inform their political decisions.

Not long ago I was reading a book about (Saint) Padre Pio & this idea of politics as a person's religion reminds me of a story from it. He had been instrumental in the conversion of a communist who had been heavily involved in political activism in their country of Italy. When this man asked Padre Pio what he should do about his political involvement, Padre Pio told him to have nothing more to do with political parties - to follow God instead of politics.

When the man returned for a visit a year later, he told Padre Pio how he had completely divorced himself from politics to the extent that he had not even voted. He expected to be praised, but Padre Pio was somewhat angry with him, and chided him for not making use of his vote (a talent for his stewardship, in effect) to protect the Christians from the atheists attempting to take effective control of the govt.

I can't help but think that these ideas are directly relevant to where we Christians in the United States find ourselves today...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Quote:

I found this particular turn of phrase to be very striking - the words have a distinctive ring of truth in them. I'd recognized that politics & religion have quite a lot in common, & at times, uncomfortably so - but I had never contemplated it quite so far as the idea of political party as a religion. Till recently.

I had been talking to my kids about astrology & how odd it is that humanity "outgrew" the physical worship of idols, but never managed to outgrow the superstitions of astrology. Somewhere in my thoughts that followed this conversation, I was thinking of liberalism as a sort of new age false religion.

Ironic (demonic),
when you look at things from that perspective, that they are the same people who are insisting that religion has no place in the public square & that a politician's faith should NOT inform their political decisions.

Not long ago I was reading a book about (Saint) Padre Pio & this idea of politics as a person's religion reminds me of a story from it. He had been instrumental in the conversion of a communist who had been heavily involved in political activism in their country of Italy. When this man asked Padre Pio what he should do about his political involvement, Padre Pio told him to have nothing more to do with political parties - to follow God instead of politics.

When the man returned for a visit a year later, he told Padre Pio how he had completely divorced himself from politics to the extent that he had not even voted. He expected to be praised, but Padre Pio was somewhat angry with him, and chided him for not making use of his vote (a talent for his stewardship, in effect) to protect the Christians from the atheists attempting to take effective control of the govt.

I can't help but think that these ideas are directly relevant to where we Christians in the United States find ourselves today...

I am so glad you are staying here, faithfully commenting and encouraging us to think more deeply, QVA.

Ironic, demonic. These words make me think more and more often of the new Ann Coulter book, Demonic, which I have not read. She says liberalism is demonic. The religion of those who (in this age) have given up the personal idols in their pockets, or the Baal's in their temples, or the demon worship in "high places" on altars on mountains, has now become the religion of humanism. I agree. Societies across the world are choosing between Jesus Christ--Christianity spreading by leaps and beyond bounds--and everything else. But primarily, the false religion is the religion of humanism. It is the belief that man doesn't really need God. That he can (godlike) solve the problems of the world by just getting together in a United Nations, talking to the enemy, and that a few elite will solve our problems.

Some believe Obama is such a savior. And he is finding it beyond irresistible to seize the moment and tamper with the Middle East powers. He is much more like PLO leader Yassir Arafat and Jimmy Carter in his elitist view of self, thinking that he can take away from the Promised Land of the Jews and decide that the children of Esau can have the birthright. And that he can waft the breezes of an Arab Spring of democracy [sic] across the Middle East with the breath of a Cairo speech there, and an anti-Israel and anti-Netanyahu speech here.

As such, there is really nothing more dangerous and demonic than the religion of MAN played out in a United Nations that forgets God.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Yes, the Tower of Babel (babble) has been coming to mind quite frequently of late. A lot of people with god-complexes these days, not the least of which is our current leader of the free world. Is it time to 'scatter our language' again? Or are we beyond that this time? This inquiring mind both does & does not want to know... :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:59 am 
Site Admin

OBAMA WORST PRESIDENT FOR ISRAEL

Quote:
Obama bought in to what he said was the "European line" that if you make progress between Israel and the Palestinians "freedom and light" will break out in the region, and every other problem from Iran to terrorism will be easier to solve. "I think that is like looking through the wrong end of the telescope," said John Bolton, former Ambassador to the United Nations.

Also, the terrorists are now announcing that the US will declare Palestine a state BEFORE September. I am trying to find out what happened at the fancy New York banquet and meeting of the United Nations security group US belongs to. Israel's future is being decided by our very anti-Israeli president. Please pray. Also, contact all your Representatives and Senators and say, "No" to the utopian, unrealistic solutions of this misguided administration, that is seeking to appease terrorists. It never works.

-----
[added:]

I am adding this additional news here...
Quote:
1. A.) Quartet meeting ends without statement - ICEJ News

But prospects on this front looked dim on Monday as a meeting of Middle East Quartet representatives in Washington adjourned after over two hours of talks and did not issue a press statement, indicating no progress had been made.

B.) Quartet to Meet Again on Mideast Peace Talks - CNN

Envoys with the Mideast Quartet are expected to meet again Tuesday after they failed to reach an agreement on how to jumpstart stalled talks between Israelis and Palestinians. The process got a jolt last month when Yasser Abed Rabbo, secretary-general of the Palestinian Liberation Organization's executive committee that is led by President Mahmoud Abbas, read a statement announcing the government's intent to go to the United Nations this September and ask to be recognized as an independent country.

Its leaders hope to get "recognition for the country of Palestine within the 1967 borders ... on the basis of international legitimacy resolutions specific to Palestine since 1947," according to a report from the official WAFA news agency. The Palestinian leadership added it is calling "on all (countries), without exception, to support this initiative" -- saying the move "will strengthen efforts to resume negotiations" over its relations with Israel.

This is of course backwards. For negotiations to resume the Palestinian leaders need to recognize Israel's right to exist.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

After agonizing for days, (Why do I do that?) I swallowed hard and sent another article to Wise Republic. Please give me your opinion and let me know if you see errors.

http://wiserepublic.com/6389/cover-up-how-the-news-media-president-and-democrats-are-selling-america-and-israel-out/

Does anyone know if Gov. Huckabee is in Israel yet, for the interview of Benjamin Netanyahu? I am having computer problems, so I am back to the very slow dial-up account on my old pc. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
He is there now and is meeting with him today (it is day there now so probably means tonight our time).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:00 am 
Site Admin

A friend sent me this letter from the Jerusalem Prayer Team.

Quote:
CIA Agent Says Israel Will Attack Iran Before
UN Vote in September

Dear Howard,

Robert Baer, a veteran CIA agent with more than twenty years experience in the Middle East, told a Los Angeles radio host that an Israeli attack on Iran to halt its nuclear weapons program is imminent. Baer said, “There is almost near certainty that Netanyahu is planning an attack (on Iran)… and it will probably be in September before the vote on a Palestinian state.” Baer further said that it was likely that the United States would be drawn into the conflict, given the threats of Iran to respond against US forces in the Middle East if it is attacked, whether by Israel or the US.

Baer cautioned about the impact of such an escalation, stating, “What we’re facing here is an escalation, rather than a planned out-and-out war…it’s a nightmare scenario. We don’t have enough troops in the Middle East to fight a war like that. I think we are looking into the abyss.” Iran is determined to complete work on its nuclear weapons program to give it leverage to either blackmail or attack Israel outright. The world has refused to take any effective steps to prevent this tragic escalation of military threat, and someone must act soon, or it will be too late to stop the mullahs of Teheran from acquiring their long-sought weapons of mass destruction.

We must stand for Israel now more than ever! We have produced a major TV documentary revealing the origins and goals of the evil plan to curse Israel and divide Jerusalem. There is no time to waste. We must sound the alarm and warn Believers across America of what is going on before it is too late. We need to raise $250,000 immediately for this urgent project. I would like to thank the 870 loving Jerusalem Prayer Team members who have already given $62,000 toward this goal.

A generous Jerusalem Prayer Team member is so incensed by the actions of the Obama Administration in cursing Israel that he will match every gift up to $125,000 for July only. That means that there are only 12 days left for your gift to be doubled to do more to defend Jerusalem! Will you join with us in standing for Israel today?

(VIEW A BRIEF HIGHLIGHT OF THE TV SPECIAL)

READ THE FRONT AND BACK COVER OF THE PROTOCOLS

PREVIEW CHAPTER ONE OF THE PROTOCOLS

In my new book The Protocols, I expose how so many of the modern expressions of anti-Semitism trace their roots back to The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. I wrote this thriller, The Protocols, to expose the world to the fact that although it was exposed as a forgery not long after it was written, millions of people today still accept it as truth...and act on that false belief. It's a chilling look at how the tentacles of the hatred of Jews reach even into our own country.

Barukh atah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam, ozier Yisrael bigvurah.

Blessed art thou, Lord our God, King of the universe, who girds Israel with might.

Your ambassador to Jerusalem,

Dr. Michael Evans

I would not be very surprised if Israel feels they must take the step to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities. They can do it, I am sure. For a nation of less than ten million people, they are amazing in technology and give their all to defend themselves. They learned a hard lesson during the Holocaust, that they cannot again let themselves be sheep for the slaughter. The world does not clamor to protect them. And antisemitism is on the rise, even in America.

Also, I believe Ahmadinejad, leader of Iran would not hesitate to use a nuclear weapon against Israel or America, as he has sworn to do.

It is hard to believe. We would rather not. But it is good to consider warnings as possibilities.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Today I heard a couple of quick snippets on the radio while doing housework. So I am not sure I got these right.

First, Governor Huckabee on the morning Huckabee radio report said something about Netanyahu saying that the terrorists' goal in this Palestinian takeover of Israel is to kill all the Jews. Governor Huckabee's interview of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem will air this Saturday and Sunday evenings at 7 PM CST (8 PM EST) on FoxNews channel.

Another report on the news said that Obama is now threatening a veto of the Palestinian takeover in the UN Security Council. (I hope this is right. Maybe our speaking out will have some effect.) He seems to be speaking out of both sides of his mouth. He has also been urging various European nations to vote for it, according to inside sources.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:21 am 
Site Admin

Well, any optimism that President Obama will moderate his anti-Israel views is unlikely, no matter what word he puts out.

Not likely considering...

1) Israeli Jews realized only seven months after Obama's election that he was not pro-Israeli. Polls showed only 4 percent thought he was.

2) During Obama's presidential campaign, members of his team were meeting already with Syrian and Hamas officials. He also had ties with anti-Israel professors Edward Sa'id and Rashid Khalidi.

3) One of Obama's first presidential acts was to freeze agreements to sell US military equipment to Israel, including jet fighters. At the same time he agreed to sell $60 billion of military equipment to Saudi Arabia, including 84 F-15 fighter jets, 70 Apache helicopters and 72 Black Hawks, 36 reconnaissance and 12 light training helicopters, plus thousands of bombs, missiles, radar and other weapons.

4) Waiting until a congressional recess to act, President Obama reversed the recall of the ambassador to Syria that President George Bush had implemented after Syria was involved in the assassination of Lebanon's former prime minister, Rafiq Hariri.

5) President Obama refused to censure Ahmadinejad or the Iranian government when they killed protesters who felt the 2009 election was rigged.

6) The President eventually threw Egypt's Prime Minister Hosni Mubarek under the bus. Journalists in Egypt knew that the Muslim Brotherhood was behind the riots. Yet Obama chose to support them and force Mubarek to resign. Mubarek was a dictator, yes, but he did suppress the Muslim Brotherhood--a brutal terrorist group who attacked and murdered tourists and Egyptians. Mubarek also allowed ships to pass peacefully through the Suez Canal and kept a peaceful border with Israel and the Gaza Strip. Now, Mubarek is facing trials and possible execution.

7) In May, 2010, John Brennan, one of President Obama's national security advisors, also charged as national security adviser for counterterrorism, praised Muslims and Islam. He called Jerusalem by the Arabic name, Al Quds, and praised the majesty of the Hajj and the devotion of Muslims making their pilgrimage to the city.

8 ) President Obama has a way of using Christian and Jewish holidays to dishonor their holy days, keeping Congress in session, etc. In April of this year, he used the Jewish Passover to describe "the hope that those oppressed and enslaved can become free...reflected in the daily headlines as we see modern stories of social transformation and liberation unfolding in the middle East and North Africa." Never mind Passover was a Jewish (not Muslim) holiday and would be offensive to them.

9) April, 2011, Israeli website Ynet News revealed that the White House had leaked President Obama's acceptance of a PLO state.

The above information is from a paper by Carol Rushton, a former staff member of the Jerusalem Post, also webmaster of SWRC. http://swrc.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 18
Thought some HA members might be interested in a hymn that I recently wrote. Based on Exodus 32:15-29 and Hebrews 4:12. Sung to a centuries-old melody called Kingsfold. BTW--this hymn is not trying to make a comment on modern-day Israel, except insofar as many in that country are unbelieving and in need of hearing God's word of law and gospel.

FROM ISRAEL’S CAMP THERE COMES A SOUND

From Israel’s camp there comes a sound –
What is this that I hear?
Is it the victor’s shout of joy?
Is it a cry of fear?
No, from this throng there comes a song,
But not a hymn’s refrain –
It is a song of godless hearts,
Of evil unrestrained.

How sad, that now in Israel’s ranks
This pagan song is heard.
Have these not seen God’s wondrous works,
Or heard His gracious word?
Alas! The world has drawn them in,
Deceived them with its lies!
Their actions shame their Savior’s name
Before the worldling’s eyes.

Who is there now who’s for the Lord?
Come, gather at my side!
Put on the Spirit’s sword with me,
And wield that sword with pride.
As stalwart sons of Levi, slay
The faithless hearts of men
That they may be raised up with Christ
To serve their God again.

The Spirit’s sword is God’s own word,
That mighty, living fire,
Far sharper than a two-edged blade
To pierce each thought’s desire,
To strip away each vain pretense,
Each self-deceiving lie,
And show the soul its fearful state
Before God’s throne on high.

God’s word is death and fiery wrath
To those who savor sin,
But joy and everlasting life
To all who come within
The warm embrace of God’s sweet grace,
Forgiven through His Son,
He who abides at Jesus’ side
Eternal life has won.

Post by mikethom1 Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

You are a very good poet, Mike. I especially like this last verse:
Quote:
God’s word is death and fiery wrath
To those who savor sin,
But joy and everlasting life
To all who come within
The warm embrace of God’s sweet grace,
Forgiven through His Son,
He who abides at Jesus’ side
Eternal life has won.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

As I have awaited more news on what became of the UN Security Council meeting on July 26, 2011 (which is not front page anywhere in the USA, it seems), it became again obvious how President Obama takes advantage of some "crisis" at home to divert attention from what is going on in the effort to take Israel's land from the Jews.

http://www.traditionalvaluescoalition.org

Quote:
UPDATE: United Nations to Seize Jerusalem from Israel
Israeli PM Netanyahu: "Working on an American veto" at the United Nations; Unsure of US Support
Dear Friend,

As I promised you, I wanted to make sure you were briefed on the United Nations debate regarding the status of Jerusalem on July 26th.

The news I have is not encouraging.

Should the vote occur today on the creation of a Palestinian state with Jerusalem as its capital, Israel could not be assured of an American veto on the U.N. Security Council!

Just today, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu commented to the press about the dire situation at the United Nations:

"We are working on an American veto, but the veto will not stop Palestinians from getting a majority vote in the UN, which will increase Palestinian intransigence, and no Israeli government is willing to accept the Palestinian terms."

Working on an American veto? Why should Israel even have to ask?

Just what on earth is the Obama administration thinking?!

...In September...that will put Israel on the spot -- and Jerusalem in the crosshairs!

Could you imagine our Christian holy sites placed under the banner of HAMAS??

We know what happened to non-Muslim holy sites under the Taliban. They were wiped off the face of the earth.

What do you think HAMAS will do to the Holy Sepulcher?

What will HAMAS do to Calvary, where Christ died? Does anyone think for a moment that HAMAS will not hold our Christian holy sites hostage... and destroy every single one?

Sincerely,
Rev. Louis P. Sheldon
Chairman
Traditional Values Coalition

Traditional Values Coalition is an inter-denominational public policy organization speaking on behalf of over 43,000 churches.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

High Risk of War This September

It is extremely important to understand why the threat of war in the Middle East is so heightened right now. Americans and Israelis should prepare for war on some scale in September, when the United Nations convenes. In Tel Aviv, people are talking of little else.

It is a time to fast and pray as never before for Israel and America. That is because the Palestinian terrorist authorities plan to unilaterally declare before the United Nations in New York City, their own statehood. Supposedly 120 nations support this action. (It may be time to bump the United Nations from our shores and to defund them!)

The terrorist leaders of Palestine have vowed that they will not recognize Israel’s right to exist nor will they participate in peace talks before taking unilateral action. And the youth of Palestine are restless and ready to seize and destroy the land of Israel when the UN session is ended.

The timing of this unrest is no accident. Eighty-seven plus years ago, on March 3, 1924, the vast Islamic Caliphate (Kaliphah) fell to European and American “colonial powers” at the end of World War I. On the Muslim (Arab) lunar calendar, this year marks their 90th anniversary of the fall of the Islamic Caliphate, which has stirred up emotions in Palestine, heightening danger of war. The call has gone out to the Islamic nations (the Ummah community) to overthrow Israel, the USA, and Europe in the name of Allah. Remember, this is the plan the Muslim Brotherhood had in mind--to get rid of Egypt’s Mubarek (who is now on trial for his life) and other leaders that are seen as being “pro-West.”

Dangers of widespread war in the area breaking out were increased when our President signaled his support for the ascendancy of an Arab Spring, which he hails as “democracy,” but which is anything but. Rather, it is a Muslim Brotherhood-led effort across the Middle East to overthrow leaders seen as sympathetic to the West. Dangerously, irresponsibly, President Obama also signaled to Arab leaders that he supports turning back Israel’s borders to pre-1967, indefensible lines. If you remember from a previous report I made here, the President at the beginning of this administration canceled all the weapons and helicopters being sent to Israel. Instead, he sent arms to Syria, a known enemy of the USA and Israel. Yes, we need to ask: How is this happening in America?

We are in jeopardy if we do not understand the thinking of the terrorists.

To the typical Muslim, a Jewish person is like a dog. Or a “foreign body,” as guest Islamic writer, Mahwish Hassaan, Lahore has written:
Quote:
Since the abolishment of the Caliphate in 1342/1924, the Ummah has witnessed a succession of despotic rulers whose sole concern has been to please their Western masters. These dictators, the Assad’s, Mubarak’s, and Musharraf’s of this Ummah, are eagerly financed, armed, and supported by the parliaments of North America and Europe to ensure that this Ummah remains under the heel of Western colonialism and imperialism. Furthermore, only after the fall of the Khilafah did the West plot to implant “a foreign body”, namely Israel, into the Muslim lands. In this era where the Ummah is in state of subjugation and poverty, sincere members of this Ummah have attempted to identify the root causes of the problem. [My note: subjection and poverty? Keep reading the boasts below...]

Presumably, in the eyes of the Ummah, (which also accepts to a degree the historicity of the Old Testament accounts!) Israel never existed before the West implanted the Jewish people in Israel. And what is their “solution”? According to writer Mahwish, his people have strong resources on their side to overwhelm the “West”:

Quote:
The Islamic Lands together contain more than 18 times more oil than the Western countries.[Boast!] Furthermore, uniting the armies of Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Morocco would gather over 3 million soldiers – more than 20 times larger than the American forces in Iraq. [Boast!]

On the 90th anniversary of the end of the Caliphate, “thousands of members of the Radical Islamist organization Hizb ut-Tahrir (‘Party of Liberation’) rallied on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. They called for Muslims to unite and embrace the Caliphate rulership once more.

"The rally took place in early July. Demonstrators flew banners bearing inscriptions such as 'The Ummah' (Muslims) Want Muslim Caliphates.' A giant banner was put up in the Al Aksa mosque courtyard on the Temple Mount. Other banners said 'No to Democracy, Yes to Caliphates'. [My note: Why is President Obama claiming they just want democracy in Palestine?]

"The crowd controller, using a microphone, soon had the crowd chanting over and over, 'O Muslim armies, awaken to help Muslims.'" [last quote from Israel National News]

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146168#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Since I started this thread several months ago, I have felt an obligation to keep us up to date on Israel. It is not the easiest project, since we hear almost nothing in American news about their problems. Our President has given conflicting speeches or seemed to ignore their problems and our traditional ally status.

From following the news in Jerusalem at least every few days, it is apparent to me that this President is the most anti-Israel of any we have had. In general, I liked President George Bush, but one thing that always concerned me with him and his Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice, was how eager they were to give up Israel's land for elusive "peace." Most of our Presidents have seemed to think Israel must give up land for peace. They never learned the lesson that appeasement does not bring peace, especially where one is dealing with Islamic terrorism.

The problems of the Palestinians are real, too, but the solutions that President Obama has proposed would place them under terrorist (Hamas and Fatah) domination as well. And ultimately, it would lead to the destruction of Israel. For with every sacrifice of its land and people (that the world seems to demand only of Israel), they are weakened. And promised peace does not come.

It is really not so complicated to figure out when one reads the philosophy and threats of the Islamic fundamentalists and extremists. Their religion in based, not on peace or salvation for others, not on the mercy and forgiveness of God through Christ, but on the ideal of ridding the world of anyone who does not agree with them. The most dangerous part of this religion when actually carried out to the extreme is that it means war and death for the "infidel." And that category includes the Jew and the Christian. The West in general, and especially The Great Satan, as they call the United States of America, are always targeted for ultimate destruction, so that sharia law may dominate the world.

Many ask, why worry about Israel? Why should we be concerned about them? Don't the "Palestinians" have an equal right to the land?

These are questions we have tried to address in this thread. And will still need to address. Thank you for your patience. I have accumulated quite a few more news stories and hopefully will not miss the most important.

For now, several points:

1. The world seems to be coming against the tiny state of Israel, with the United Nations using the Palestinian issue to force it to give territory to the Muslim terrorists.

2. President Obama, by his lack of support for Israel and his support for an Arab Spring and the Muslim Brotherhood, is dangerously affecting the stability of the Middle East and giving the green light to Islamic terrorism.

3. September, when the United Nations Assembly opens in New York, will be a time of great danger for Israel and ultimately the world, if the US fails to veto the land grab of the Palestinian leaders and the Muslim Brotherhood deal.

4. As Governor Huckabee has pointed out, Israel exists as a means the world saw to protect the Jewish people from tragic extinction after World War II. (Of the nine million Jews that lived in Nazi Germany and surrounding countries, fully ninety percent were exterminated in the Holocaust!) This land is their land, given them by God and occupied by the Jewish people (or remnants thereof) for about 4,000 years. One could hardly find a people more deserving of the title to their own land.

5. Israel is an important ally to the United States and the free world. What we allow to happen to them will come upon us. As former Palestinian terrorist, now Christian, Walid Shoebat has written, the Muslim Brotherhood was started in the 1930's under the tutelage of the Nazis. Their job as stated in their own writings is to liquidate any Jew remaining on earth (and then to go after the followers of the Jewish leader, Jesus Christ). Their ultimate goal: bring down the "Great Satan," the United States of America.

Today I will try to update the news from various sources on what is happening in the Middle East. September is coming, soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 am 
Site Admin

I want it understood that my enemy is not the Muslim people, but the terrorism and philosophy of hatred that has from ancient times been directed against those who love freedom.

During this time of Ramadan, while Muslims devote a month to fasting and prayer, many Christians are praying for the Muslim people for salvation and true peace to be found in Jesus Christ. Also, they are praying for the persecuted Christians in many countries that are victims of the hatred of Islamic governments. One such victim is a woman named Asia, who is currently on death row in Pakistan for daring to share her faith as a Christian. Please join a petition to save her life, at http://www.CallforMercy.com

To understand the Islamic threat, which goes far beyond the adherence to a religion, one must understand the Ottoman Empire and the fall of it in 1921.

1. Radical Islamists Trying to Take Over Temple Mount - Arutz Sheva

http://www.worthynew...ws-aspx-146168/
Quote:

Radical Islamists Trying to Take Over Temple Mount

Arutz Sheva ^ | 28/7/11 | David ben Yaakov
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2011 5:19:41 AM by Eleutheria5

On the 90th anniversary of the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the vast Islamic Caliphate regime which fell in 1921 after WWI, thousands of members of the Radical Islamist organization Hizb ut-Tahrir rallied on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. They called for Muslims to unite and embrace the Caliphate rulership once more.

The rally took place in early July. Demonstrators flew banners bearing inscriptions such as “The Ummah (Muslims) Want Muslim Caliphates.” A giant banner was put up in the Al Aksa mosque courtyard on the Temple Mount. Other banners said “No to Democracy, Yes to Caliphates". The crowd controller, using a microphone, soon had the crowd chanting over and over, “O Muslim armies, awaken to help Muslims.”

The Hizb ut-Tahrir (‘Party of Liberation’) website calls for the Muslim armies to forcefully lift the Gaza IDF naval blockade with military action, making it serve “as a tight noose” around Israel.

Caliphates were a totalitarian system of Muslim government established by Mohammed, who made himself the first Caliph, reigning until 632 C.E. The Caliph was a religious and political leader, who made the Koran's prescriptions, now developed into the legal body known as Sharia law, the law of the land. The Ottoman Empire embraced the idea of a caliphate, and was governed this way until its dissolution.

(Excerpt) Read more at http://www.israelnationalnews.com...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Please read the previous two comments from this morning, also. (I'm trying to catch up!)

This is an important news flash this morning:

Quote:
Lieberman: PA Planning Unprecedented Violence
8/7/2011 3:15:00 PM, Av 7, 5771
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146459

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman demanded that Israel cut off all ties with the PA, telling reporters at Sunday's cabinet meeting that the PA was planning a major intifada in September. At a news conference, Lieberman said that the PA was planning “violence and bloodshed such as we have never seen. They are planning this at the same time they are talking about negotiations.”

Lieberman said that among other things, the PA was planning to send tens of thousands of young Arabs to march across the A-ram checkpoint and into Jerusalem, “generating violence like we have never seen, aimed at dragging the international community into the dispute. The PA's plan is to bring IDF soldiers to the International Court in the Hague. This is unacceptable. I plan to demand at the next meeting of the security cabinet a complete break in relations with the PA,” Lieberman added.

And further..
Quote:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/217038n

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has announced he is advocating that Israel sever all ties with the Palestinian Authority.

Lieberman told reporters Sunday that he would ask the “forum of eight” – a subgroup of ministers within the Cabinet – to end Israel's relations with Ramallah.

The foreign minister explained the reason for the move stemmed from the PA's attempt to prosecute IDF officers at the International Criminal Court at The Hague.

“No Finance Ministry officials, not the Water Authority and no Foreign Ministry officials [will maintain ties],” he said.

“You cannot have security coordination [with Israel] while you are also trying IDF [Israeli Defense Force] soldiers at The Hague.”

Lieberman said the PA is making preparations to carry out wholesale bloodshed in September. At that time, the PA plans to ask the United Nations to officially recognize it as an independent country, and to grant it membership status within the international body.

The foreign minister said PA officials, despite claims of “non-violent action,” are instead preparing to flood checkpoints with tens of thousands of PA Arabs who might then force their way past IDF soldiers and into Israel's major cities.

“The Palestinian Authority is getting ready for bloodshed on a scale we haven't seen,” he warned. “The more they speak about non-violent action, the more they are preparing for bloodshed.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

The New York Times has been drawn into the process, it appears! One has to wonder, isn't there a large Jewish population in New York? How would they stand for this?

Quote:
NY Times Calls on Obama to Draw Map for PA State

A New York Times editorial calls on Obama to do what he has said won’t do – outline a ”take it or leave it” Palestinian Authority state. [My comment: Actually, he has given that impression from the start that he backs a unilaterally given Palestinian state, taking Judea and Samaria as well as Jerusalem and giving it to the PLO]
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
Published: 08/08/11, 9:53 AM

Obama speaking to Netanyahu [shows Obama in the Oval Office, feet propped up on desk]
Israel news photo: White House

A New York Times editorial has called on President Barack Obama to do what he has said won’t do – place a ”take it or leave it” Palestinian Authority state on the table. [He hath spoken, actually, hinting that is his intention]

President Obama has repeatedly said that he will not try to dictate to PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas and Israel the territorial and political outlines of establishing the Palestinian Authority as a new Arab country within Israel’s borders.

Its editorial, headline “Palestinians and the U.N.” criticizes all sides – Abbas, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and President Obama – for the current lack of talks and Abbas’s appeal to the United Nations for recognizing the PA as a state.

“The United States and its partners should put a map and a deal on the table, with a timeline for concluding negotiations and a formal U.N. statehood vote,” the Times wrote. [OK, NYT, tell us who the partners of the US are in this] “The Security Council and the Arab League need to throw their full weight behind it.” [Nothing should be done without the Palestinians and all Islamic nations recognizing Israel's right to exist as a Jewish nation! This would be a suicide pact for Israel.]
The editorial noted what nationalists – and lately mainstream media – have warned about for years: raising the expectations of the Arab world might spark further violence, if not war.

The Times warned that Abbas’s strategy of the United Nations probably will leave him “empty-handed,” with nothing more than a toothless resolution for a PA state.

The United States is expected to veto any attempt by the United Nations Security Council to recommend that the PA become a member state of the international body. Abbas’s alternative is for the pro-Arab General Assembly to pass a non-binding resolution.

“After the initial exhilaration, Palestinians would be even more alienated, while extremists would try to exploit that disaffection,” according to the Times.
[This appears to be happening already.]

The editorial then made another call for “negotiations” between the Palestinian Authority and Israel, although its “solution” of President Obama’s delivering his own final plan eradicates all possibilities of direct talks between Abbas and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. [Why should the American President, who clearly prefers Islamic uprising to our ally, Israel, be given the authority to come up with his "plan?"]

The Times blamed Prime Minister Netanyahu[Don't they always?] for having “used any excuse he can find (regional turmoil, the weakness of his coalition government) to avoid negotiations.” It blamed Republican party leaders “who seem mainly interested in embarrassing Mr. Obama [and who] have encouraged” the Prime Minister.

It also blamed Arabs leaders who “haven’t given the Israelis any incentive to compromise.” [This is true.]

If Abbas goes through with his United Nations strategy, “All sides will end up paying a high price,” the Times concluded.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146491

*^*^*^*^

* Please pray for the peace of Jerusalem; may they prosper that love her.

* That God will protect the Jews from the rising tide of Anti-Semitism.

* Pray that the enemies of freedom will not be able to destroy Israel and the United States of America (and other peoples).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

ISRAEL, AND THE FALLOUT OF OBAMA'S FOREIGN POLICY

From the time Barack Obama began his Presidential campaign back in 2007, he has asserted that his foreign policy would be different from Bush's. He would talk to the "enemy." He urged sitting down to talk with Amahdinejad in Iran, as a means of achieving peace and understanding. We have seen pictures of him bowing to Saudi Arabia's king. And we have seen him treat the leaders of the free world, like Queen Elizabeth and Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu with barely concealed disdain. His appeasement strategy with the Arab nations could be argued as far more active--an open endorsement of the goals and beliefs of the Muslim Brotherhood, including standing aside to let our former Egyptian ally, Mubarek of Egypt, be overthrown. He makes no apology for being pro-Arab Spring and anti-Israel. And President Obama seems more open to communication with Iran and other Middle East countries than he is with our ally, Israel. Early in his administration, Obama cancelled the weapons sale to Israel and gave it to Saudi Arabia. And his plan for Israel includes returning it to the pre-1967 borders, which would shrink the nation into a tiny, non-defensible land of about 10 miles wide and 80 miles long.

No other American President has been as dangerous to the survival of Israel as a nation.

The pro-Muslim Brotherhood and anti-Israel policy is most troublesome for the stability of the Middle East and thus the world. It gives a green-light to terrorism, notwithstanding our military presence in Afghanistan. We have seen during the early months of this year how destabilizing our President’s policies are. The threat to the existence of our ally, Israel, is great, mostly because the USA has not opposed the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is fomenting and taking political advantage of the riots making up the "Arab Spring." The Brotherhood is reviving the call for the rise of the Caliphate among Muslim nations--a revived Ottoman Empire.

The viewpoint of the following article may be some slight “good news” for Israel, if it can be believed that the US will certainly veto the Palestinians’ demand for a unilateral state of Palestine under terrorist leadership. There is at least mention of a strong possibility the US will veto…

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next