Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: March on Jerusalem
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
A couple of months ago we heard rumors of this massive march on Jerusalem by the Muslim and Arab world to take place this March.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/154090

Quote:
Israel Warns Neighbors Over March to Jerusalem
Israel warns neighbors that it will forcefully respond to attempted breaches of its borders during the 'Global March to Jerusalem'.

By Elad Benari, Canada
First Publish: 3/23/2012, 10:41 PM

As activists are planning to lead a Global March to Jerusalem next Friday, Israel has warned neighboring countries that it would forcefully respond to attempted breaches of its borders.

The Global March to Jerusalem initiative aims at getting over one million Arabs and their supporters to attempt to infiltrate Israel’s borders on March 30th. A spokesman for the march said last week the initiative “demand[s] freedom for Palestine and its capital Jerusalem.”

The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC) has presented information that Iran is behind the initiative and openly supports it. The march has also been endorsed by Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who was U.S. President Barack Obama's pastor for 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.
Diplomatic sources told the London-based Asharq Alawsat newspaper on Friday that Israel has sent messages to the governments of Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, the Hamas government in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority regarding the planned march.

The report said that in the messages Israel made it clear that anyone who will come near its borders would be considered an infiltrator and the IDF will act against him with full force.

Israel also reportedly demanded that Arab countries not allow an escalation of the tension in the region through marches toward its borders.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: March on Jerusalem
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
justgrace wrote:
The march has also been endorsed by Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who was U.S. President Barack Obama's pastor for 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

How bizarre. First, that he endorses it. Second, because this was stuck in the middle of this story. He no longer is preaching, though, is he?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 am 
Site Admin

IowaforHuckabee wrote:
justgrace wrote:
The march has also been endorsed by Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who was U.S. President Barack Obama's pastor for 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

How bizarre. First, that he endorses it. Second, because this was stuck in the middle of this story. He no longer is preaching, though, is he?

Yes, that name did stand out like a sore thumb. Wikipedia gives some interesting commentary on Wright's unusual beliefs, which are based on liberation theology. Wright retired in 2009.

Quote:
On June 9, 2009, in an interview with the Daily Press of Newport News, Wright indicated that he hadn't had contact with Obama up to that point because "Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office." Wright also suggested that Obama did not send a delegation to the Durban Review Conference in Geneva on racism because of Zionist pressure saying: "[T]he Jewish vote, the A-I-P-A-C vote, that’s controlling him, that would not let him send representation to the Darfur Review Conference, that’s talking this craziness on this trip, cause they’re Zionists, they would not let him talk to someone who calls a spade what it is."[33] Writing for The Atlantic, Ta-Nehisi Coates characterized Wright's remarks as "crude conspiratorial antisemitism."[34] On June 11, 2009, Wright amended his remarks during an interview with Mark Thompson on his radio program, Make it Plain. “Let me say like Hillary, I misspoke. Let me just say: Zionists... I’m not talking about all Jews, all people of the Jewish faith, I’m talking about Zionists."[35]

Wright wrote on his Facebook page apologizing for his remarks on June 12, 2009. He wrote, "I mis-spoke and I sincerely meant no harm or ill-will to the American Jewish community or the Obama administration... I have great respect for the Jewish faith and the foundational (and central) part of our Judeo-Christian tradition."[36] "In other words," another Atlantic writer, Jeffrey Goldberg, alleged, "[H]e regrets speaking plainly instead of deploying a euphemism."[37] The Anti Defamation League released a statement condemning Wright's remarks as "inflammatory and false. The notions of Jewish control of the White House in Reverend Wright's statement express classic anti-Semitism in its most vile form."[38]

In June 2011, in a speech at Empowerment Temple in Baltimore City, Wright called the State of Israel "illegal" and "genocidal" and insisted, "To equate Judaism with the state of Israel is to equate Christianity with [rapper] Flavor Flav."- Wikipedia [39]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:06 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
justgrace wrote:
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
justgrace wrote:

Yes, that name did stand out like a sore thumb. Wikipedia gives some interesting commentary on Wright's unusual beliefs, which are based on liberation theology. Wright retired in 2009.

Quote:
On June 9, 2009, in an interview with the Daily Press of Newport News, Wright indicated that he hadn't had contact with Obama up to that point because "Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office." Wright also suggested that Obama did not send a delegation to the Durban Review Conference in Geneva on racism because of Zionist pressure saying: "[T]he Jewish vote, the A-I-P-A-C vote, that’s controlling him, that would not let him send representation to the Darfur Review Conference, that’s talking this craziness on this trip, cause they’re Zionists, they would not let him talk to someone who calls a spade what it is."[33] Writing for The Atlantic, Ta-Nehisi Coates characterized Wright's remarks as "crude conspiratorial antisemitism."[34] On June 11, 2009, Wright amended his remarks during an interview with Mark Thompson on his radio program, Make it Plain. “Let me say like Hillary, I misspoke. Let me just say: Zionists... I’m not talking about all Jews, all people of the Jewish faith, I’m talking about Zionists."[35]

Wright wrote on his Facebook page apologizing for his remarks on June 12, 2009. He wrote, "I mis-spoke and I sincerely meant no harm or ill-will to the American Jewish community or the Obama administration... I have great respect for the Jewish faith and the foundational (and central) part of our Judeo-Christian tradition."[36] "In other words," another Atlantic writer, Jeffrey Goldberg, alleged, "[H]e regrets speaking plainly instead of deploying a euphemism."[37] The Anti Defamation League released a statement condemning Wright's remarks as "inflammatory and false. The notions of Jewish control of the White House in Reverend Wright's statement express classic anti-Semitism in its most vile form."[38]

In June 2011, in a speech at Empowerment Temple in Baltimore City, Wright called the State of Israel "illegal" and "genocidal" and insisted, "To equate Judaism with the state of Israel is to equate Christianity with [rapper] Flavor Flav."- Wikipedia [39]

It is scary enough to realize that both Obama and Michelle sat and soaked in this nut job's ranting for so long without questioning it, but to think that a whole congregation sat there for years (even Oprah for a while?) supporting him and believing what he said, (and calling it religion) is really scary. It makes you wonder how many other churches are out there teaching the same kind of garbage and how many other minds are being shaped and molded into believing that what is being said is from God because they are sitting in a church pew.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: justgrace

Post subject: Re: Support Israel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

YNet News reveals that there will be no vacation for Israeli Defense Forces this Passover. The threats from Iran and throughout the Middle East are too great.
Quote:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 87,00.html
Army chief cancels IDF-wide Passover vacation

For first time in many years, all IDF units to be on full alert during Passover holiday; army officials insist decision not related to any planned military operations

Yossi Yehoshua
Published: 03.28.12, 17:18 / Israel News

Chief of Staff Benny Gantz has ordered all IDF units to cancel their traditional Passover breaks so that they can operate in full capacity over the upcoming holdiay, Yedioth Ahronoth reported Wednesday.

The implication of the decision is that for the first time in many years, all IDF units will maintain their regular operations and remain on full alert throughout the holiday.

As result of the unexpected decision, thousands of soldiers at various IDF headquarters and bases will have to report for duty as usual in order to allow their units to operate with no interruption.

IDF officials dismissed suggestions that the decision is related to operational circumstances or preparations for military maneuvers. The army said Chief of Staff Gantz made the call after asserting that he does not accept the notion of an army-wide Passover vacation.

However, IDF soldiers who received the news Tuesday could not be convinced that the timing of the decision was arbitrary.

Notably, German Defense Minister Thomas de Maiziere on Tuesday said that after meeting Israeli counterpart Ehud Barak, he was more concerned about the possibility of an Israeli strike on Iran.

Over the years, an army-wide break during Passover became a tradition followed by all major military units, including the Air Force, Navy and intelligence corps. The IDF's headquarters in Tel Aviv is also traditionally deserted during the holiday.

But as noted, the longtime tradition will be broken this year, as soldiers will have to divide their vacation days among themselves in order to ensure that their units maintain their full capacity to operate if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

REMEMBERING THE HOLOCAUST: NEVER AGAIN
by joelcrosenberg

Today in Israel, and around the world, we stop to remember the evil that was perpetrated during the Holocaust, pray for the survivors and their families, and recommit ourselves to the principle: Never Again.

"A two-minute siren sounded across the country at 10 am Thursday in memory of the six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust," reports Ynet News. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivered a moving address honoring Holocaust Remembrance Day, and applied its lessons to the current showdown with Iran. Israeli President Shimon Peres also discussed Iran today in light of the Holocaust. I commend these to your attention.

Last November, I had the opportunity to travel to Poland with two pastors and their wives to visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps for the first time. My son, Caleb, and I produced a short video of that trip which might help you and your family and friends get a brief glimpse inside the tragedy and what it means.

Another way to remember the Holocaust year might be to make a financial donation to The Joshua Fund, to assist our on-going humanitarian relief efforts to care for Holocaust survivors and their families, many of them who live at or below the poverty line in Israel.

Most of all, please pray for these survivors, that the Lord would draw them close to His heart and heal their memories and show them His amazing grace and mercy. As the Hebrew prophet Isaiah wrote, "How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation, and says to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" (Isaiah 52:7)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

From Newsmax comes this article:

Quote:
Israel’s IDF Chief: We Are Ready to Strike Iran

Sunday, 22 Apr 2012 12:01 PM

By Dave Eberhart

The Israeli Defense Forces [IDF] are prepared and ready to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities, Chief of Staff Benny Gantz told the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper in an interview published Sunday.

“In principle, we are ready to act,” the army chief revealed just ahead of Israel’s upcoming Independence Day, reports Ynet.com.

This year, Israel’s Independence Day is celebrated on April 26. The Declaration of the Establishment of State of Israel was made on May 14, 1948, expressing the declaration to be “by virtue of our natural and historic right and on the strength of the resolution of the United Nations General Assembly.” The new state was quickly recognized by the Soviet Union and the United States, as well as other countries, but not by the surrounding Arab states, which quickly declared war.

In the special pre-holiday interview with Yedioth Ahronoth, Gantz emphasized that 2012 was going to be “a critical year” in the heated Israel-Iran crisis.

“The State of Israel believes that nuclear arms in Iran’s possession are a very bad thing, which the world should stop and Israel should stop. We are preparing our plan accordingly.”

The army chief also addressed the likelihood of a broader regional war breaking out in the near future: “Our intelligence assessment asserts that given the strategic reality and instability in the region, the chance of deteriorating to a war is higher than in the past. There are no indications of war, but the chances of the situation deteriorating into one are higher than in the past.”

During the interview with Yedioth Ahronoth, Gantz also revealed that IDF operations being carried out beyond Israel’s borders have been ramped up.

“I don’t think you will find a point in time where something isn’t happening somewhere in the world,” he said. “The level of risk has increased as well. This is not something invented by Benny Gantz. I’m not taking the credit here. I’m simply accelerating all those special operations.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 am 
Site Admin

The sad thing about Iran is that many of its people strongly disagree with their leadership, especially the madman, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who wants to bring about another holocaust to destroy Israel. Yet they may be powerless to stop his suicidal plans for his nation and his genocidal plans against Israel. He has grasped the reins of power in his fists, with a fervency or religious zeal that is running over every restraint and shows little care of how the opposition sees him.

Although Ahmahdinejad's startling rise to power in 2005 probably owed itself to the backing and influence of the Ayatollah Khamenei, Ahmadinejad believes he was set in place by Allah. This five foot four-inch man is out to prove he is a big man in the world of Islam, in fact the one chosen for (as Joel Rosenberg writes) a "unique mission: of launching the final round of the Islamic Revolution, to make Iran a nuclear power, and to usher in the reign of the Twelfth Imam."*

Here it is: the end-of-the-world scenario, ala Iran's Ahmadinejad.

IRAN PREPARING FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/iran-prepari ... ix-months/
Quote:
Despite the recent declaration by Iran that it does not want a nuclear bomb and statements by regime officials that they are willing to negotiate over the nuclear issue, indications from within Iran signal massive preparation for an all-out war as part of its destiny.

Nine years ago a Revolutionary Guards arm, the Holy Defense, published a book, “The Last Six Months,” in which it describes the conditions needed in the last six months prior to the reappearance of the last Islamic messiah. The book was distributed in the hundreds of thousands to all Guards, Basij and army bases throughout the country.

Islam’s Shiites believe their 12th Imam, Mahdi, will reappear at the end of times and kill all the infidels, raising the flag of Islam in all four corners of the world.

The book admonishes the military forces that they must be prepared to do their duties during those six months and that there will be many signs to help the faithful to understand the transition, which will center on Iran.

The book, which relies on Islamic hadiths by the Prophet Mohammad and his descendants from centuries ago, describes the 9/11 attacks and the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq as signs that the time is near. But it also prophesies much more significant signs that would launch the six-month time frame for the reappearance of Mahdi: an attack on Syria and then an attack on Iran.

Both those events are looking increasingly likely as Syria’s Bashar al-Assad continues to murder his own people and Iran continues its quest for nuclear weapons.

Mahdi will only reappear, Shiites believe, when Israel is destroyed and the U.S. is brought to its knees; two-thirds of the world’s population will die in a nuclear exchange, and with this chaos and havoc engulfing the earth, the “coming” will unfold.

As revealed in the Iranian secret documentary “The Coming Is Upon Us,” it is believed within the Islamic regime that the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is the historical figure as claimed in a hadith who will rise up against the infidels and pass the flag of Islam to Imam Mahdi, the last Islamic messiah.

According to a source who served in the Guards’ intelligence – he has defected to a country in Europe – billions of dollars have been spent on the military forces to emphasize this very ideology of the coming as well as preparation for an all-out war.

Thousands of terrorist cells consisting of the most loyal are placed throughout the world, and they believe Iran will be a key player in creating the circumstances for the coming.

The Islamic regime fully expects to be attacked, the source says. Its leaders believe this will happen as foretold in centuries-old hadiths and written in the book “The Last Six Months.” Response contingencies call for simultaneous attacks on Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States, and attacks not only on U.S. bases in the region but the U.S. homeland.

The Islamic regime has already mastered nuclear technology and currently has enough enriched uranium, verified by the IAEA, for six nuclear bombs.
It also has ballistic missiles capable of reaching every country in the Middle East and many capitals in Europe but is also working, with the help of China and North Korea, on intercontinental ballistic missiles.

An internal IAEA document from 2009 shows that Khamenei, as early as 1984, was pushing for nuclear bombs, stating that, “This was the only way to secure the very essence of the Islamic Revolution from the schemes of its enemies, especially the United States and Israel, and to prepare it for the emergence of Imam Mahdi.”

Of utmost concern is that Iran likely has nuclear weapons already even as it works to create more. As reported in October, Iranian agents scoured the former Soviet republics after the fall of the Soviet Union in search of buying existing nuclear bombs, offering hundreds of millions of dollars. As verified with sources at the State Department, a former U.S. intelligence officer and a Russian general, the Iranians have at least two workable nuclear warheads.

The source in the Guards’ intelligence said he was informed in secret briefings while in the Guards that they had two nuclear bombs, though he could not attest if they were viable. But what he verified next was further terrifying: Iran has neutron bombs, thanks to its North Korea ally.

A neutron bomb is a tactical nuclear weapon invented during the Cold War to kill people with neutron radiation, while minimizing damage to buildings.

“However, a neutron warhead is more accurately described as, and is officially called, an Enhanced Radiation Warhead because it produces large quantities of all kinds of radiation – including gamma rays – that generate the electromagnetic pulse (EMP) effect at high altitude,” according to Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, which advises Congress.

“So if a neutron bomb, or more properly ERW, is detonated at high altitude, above 30 kilometers, it becomes an enhanced EMP weapon, a strategic weapon that could generate a powerful EMP, destroying electronics and collapsing the critical infrastructures that support the lives of millions of people over vast geographic areas,” Pry said.

As verified by the IAEA, the Guards have launched ballistic missiles from ships and detonated warheads over the earth’s surface. Those tests have only one purpose: create an EMP attack, whether by nuclear or neutron bomb. As revealed last year, the Guards have now armed their naval vessels with ballistic missiles and plan on deploying warships in the Atlantic Ocean.

Studies show that a successful EMP attack could destroy electric power, telecommunications, transportation, banking and finance, and food and water across the continental United States.

The Congressional EMP Commission estimated that, given current U.S. unpreparedness, one year after an EMP attack, about two-thirds of the U.S. population, 200 million people, would have perished from starvation, disease or societal collapse.

As the West continues to negotiate with the leaders of the Islamic regime in Iran, even accepting their nuclear program for “peaceful purposes,” one thing is ominously lacking: an understanding of their ideology.

Newt Gingrich is the only candidate speaking of preparedness against an EMP attack. Ron Paul dangerously denies that America needs any foreign policy. And who knows whether Romney has any plan other than enriching himself and furthering Romneycare, at further taxpayer expense? The policies of American political power, especially the disastrous agreement of Congress to cut our military funding in half, are making this nation even more unprepared to face attack that seems sure to come.

* quote from Joel Rosenberg's book, Inside the Revolution, p. 158.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:34 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Michael Oren on U.S.-Israel Relations
April 30, 2012
George Washington University

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/305725-1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

There are grave concerns in Israel about the level of support they can expect from the USA and other former allies.

In an article on World Net Daily, we learn that the Iranians are becoming emboldened by the lack of solid American support for Israel. This is dangerous, to the Middle East as well as to our country.

Quote:
Iran Boasts US Has Abandoned Israel
By Reza Kahlili
http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/iran-boasts- ... ed-israel/

Iranian outlets have been claiming recently the United States has been forced to bow before Iran on its nuclear program, demonstrating the West’s abandonment of Israel and paving the way for the Islamic regime to annihilate the Jewish state.

While restating that Iran will demand ever more in the upcoming second round of talks with the 5+1 nations to be held this month in Baghdad, the Iranian media are now boasting that Israel has been abandoned by its allies and is in a dire bind.

One such editorial, published last week by Iran’s Keyhan newspaper, which is directly under the supervision of Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, stated, “It can be said that within the last 60 years, this is the first time that the Zionist regime, since its illegal inception, has had to endure rejection by the West over its vision and interest in the region.”

The editorial, written by Sadollah Zarei, a columnist for the hard-line paper, said that within the last three months, Israeli officials, after reports that America is on the verge of accepting the Iranian nuclear program, have made several trips to Washington, where on one trip they met for 10 days with U.S. officials to try to change President Obama’s decision to accept Iran’s nuclear program. They were unsuccessful.

“The ramifications of [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu’s defeat in the face of Obama’s policies have been a breakdown in Israel’s usurper regime, where now many within its own government have spoken against its own prime minister, claiming Iran is a rational regime and not after the bomb,” Zarei wrote.

The 5+1 nations, which are the five permanent Security Council nations plus Germany, have broached the subject of allowing Iran to enrich uranium to the 5 percent level for peaceful purposes. Enriching to the 20 percent level is an important step to nuclear weaponization, which Iran is pushing for as part of its stated goal of obliterating Israel.

The question now is why the West has changed its policies toward Iran, the editorial said. It could have continued with the same old policies of confrontation.

The answer, the editorial said, is that “in the last year, two important events have taken place. One has been the Islamic Awakening (the Arab Spring) in the region, which is based on the ideology of the Islamic Republic of Iran and has the West quite worried and concerned; the other is the events in Egypt, which, despite all the analysis by the West, have turned into an Islamic movement with Sharia laws. These two events have forced the West to rethink its approach toward Iran.”

As a result, Israel is backed into a corner, alone without its allies, the editorial said.

Now one of the main spiritual leaders, Ayatolla Yazdi, has stated that it is the duty of Muslims to destroy “Zionist regime and its arrogant supporters.” With the collapse of the regime in Egypt and possibly next in Saudi Arabia, Yazdi believes Israel can no longer defend itself.

And what is he proclaiming Muslims can or must do to "infidels"?

~ Yazdi decreed in 2006 that in case of war between Muslims and “infidels,” Muslims can take the “infidels” as slaves until they become Muslims and then can send them back to their countries.

~ “When protecting Islam and the Muslim (community), martyrdom operation not only is allowed, but it even is an obligation.”

~ Only those Israelis who have opposed Israel’s “vicious crimes” should be spared, but the rest can be slaughtered.

~ Their doctrine includes wiping out Israeli assets and Jewish people worldwide.

~ Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said "the opportunity must not be lost to remove this corrupting material." It is a "jurisprudential justification" annihilate Israel and all Jews and annihilate Israel, and he says that "the Islamic government of Iran must take the helm.”[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:26 pm 

Liked: 152
I know JustGrace usually keeps us pretty updated on Israel news. My son told me about something in the news this week that I didn't see posted.

How could the U.S. organize war drills in the middle east and neglect to invite Israel? :roll:

US Leads Major War Drill in Jordan – Israel Not Invited

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you, Granny T.

I had not seen that story but am not surprised. President Obama recently gave arms money to the PLO over the weekend, against the specific instructions of Congress, but cut spending to Israel. It is easy to see that when he claims Israel is our most important ally in the Middle East, it is not the definition of "ally" or "friend" most of us would like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21