Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:40 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
As the season of presidential politics 2012 unfolds, I'm struck by similarities between today and the tumultuous period in our history that led up to the election of Abraham Lincoln and then on to the Civil War.

So much so that I'm finding it a little eerie that this year we are observing the 150th anniversary of the outbreak of the Civil War.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=1363170

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:21 am 
Captain

Liked: 2
Star Parker is a star in the making. I wish she would have won her district last year, but I can easily see a future with her being the press secretary. After reading her articles and hearing her speak, I feel she would be a great addition to the presidential staff.

I would love it Mike would step back in the race as I am having a hard time finding the right candidate right now. Could see a line up of the following:

Mike as President
Herman Cain as VP - focus on educating people on the Fair Tax
Duncan Hunter SR as Sec of Def
John Huntsman as Sec of State
Michelle Bachman as Sec of Treasury
Star Parker as Press Sec.

Post by dmacdaddy30 Liked by: Craig88USC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
I wasn't aware of who she was prior to this post, so I went searching on YouTube. Watched one clip and in it she said plenty of things that could easily be construed as radical or inflammatory (e.g., Gov't "sucked the life out of black America through...social security policy", the Dems in DC are "frankly evil"); maybe these are the exception, but from what I've seen I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea to have her as the middle man between a conservative administration and the press.

Actually, Huck would be great at being his own press secretary. Might be exhausting, but he'd be the best man for the job. :lol:

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am 
Captain

Liked: 2
wow - thanks for that heads up. I have heard her on a number of talk shows and never got that out of her. I guess that is why I am not running for the president. you think Biden is bad, man I would not last too long without the press having a field day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
dmacdaddy30 wrote:
wow - thanks for that heads up. I have heard her on a number of talk shows and never got that out of her. I guess that is why I am not running for the president. you think Biden is bad, man I would not last too long without the press having a field day.

Oh yeah, I'd be run out of town within a few short hours for being portrayed as an ultramontanist-neoconniving-crypto-monarchist-colonialist flavored United Empire Loyalist-sympathizing-High Tory-Jacobite... or whatever the media could come up with (and let's be honest, all they can come up with is racist), so it's not personal, and I hate to be nit-picky. I just know the media (and the liberals) are going to be unfair, nit-picking, and unreasonable, and they're going to get away with it, so it's my firm belief that we have to preempt them.

You know who I really liked as press secretary? Tony Snow. RIP.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Didn't she write Uncle Sam's Plantation which addressed welfare and its affect on the African American community? It was very enlightening and, because it was written by an African American who had used the system, had much credible validity. A great read.

I like to listen to her speak as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
She's great but she is pretty in your face about her beliefs. She is much more useful to our nation in a non-executive role. I believe she would have made an excellent congresswoman and would have represented that district well but, I happen to be super familiar with that congressional district and I'm not surprised she didn't win. I lived there from age 4 to age 21 and it is your typical entitlement addicted, uneducated, inner city district. My mom still lives in the house I grew up in and there was a drug raid across the street (complete with social services to pick up the little one who was there) just a couple of weeks ago. Our house was tagged by hoodlums when I was still living at home and when my dad was out of work he made it a daily project to paint a popular tagging fence that belonged to an elderly woman from our church. Yes, he had to repaint it daily for 3 months before the taggers gave up. Star Parker couldn't win because the people didn't want to listen to the hard truths she told them. They much prefer the Democratic party's promise to take care of them. They'd rather stay on the welfare plantation then have to make any effort to better themselves.