Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
No Huckabee :(

Quote:
June 30, 2011, 3:59 pm
Fox News to Replace Beck With ‘The Five’
By BRIAN STELTER

The Fox News Channel’s temporary replacement for Glenn Beck will be a talk show featuring a rotating panel of opinionated people.

The channel announced the new show, called “The Five,” just two hours before Mr. Beck’s final broadcast. Since April, when Mr. Beck and Fox reached an agreement to end his 5 p.m. political talk show, there has been speculation that the channel would schedule an interim news or talk program in its place.

Fox News said “The Five” would feature a “roundtable ensemble of five rotating FOX personalities who will discuss, debate and at times debunk the hot news stories, controversies and issues of the day.”

By bringing on a rotating group of people, Fox avoids any direct ratings comparisons between Mr. Beck and any single replacement host.

Mr. Beck often attracted more than two million viewers to the channel’s 5 p.m. time slot, a rating that no cable news channel had ever regularly seen at that hour before.

Among the people involved in “The Five:” Greg Gutfeld, who is host of an overnight talk show for Fox; Juan Williams, who is a regular on Fox’s “The O’Reilly Factor;” Dana Perino, a former spokeswoman for the Bush White House; and Andrew Napolitano, the host of a libertarian talk show on the Fox Business Network.

The others named by Fox in a news release were Geraldo Rivera, Andrea Tantaros, Eric Bolling, Monica Crowley, Bob Beckel and Kimberly Guilfoyle.

“The Five” will start on July 11. For the week of July 4, Fox will repeat some of Mr. Beck’s old shows.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... -the-five/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
That sounds interesting! Lots of different perspectives and viewpoints which is a healthy thing. I noticed they've played a couple of John Stossel programs in that time slot too. He is much more libertarian then I am but his insights into economic issues are really great. My kids love to watch the DVDs he sends out free to educators. They have a lot of "aha" moments watching them. A funny side note. My 19 yr. old daughter dislikes Glenn Beck so much that she actually put the date of his last show on her calender. She said it was something she was looking forward to so she wanted it on her calender. :floor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I'll be curious to see what happens to Beck from this point... I expect that his following will drop off to a small core group of loyal diehard supporters who will keep his show alive on radio...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 pm 
General

Liked: 41
In that article, they mentioned the "Five People" but didn't list Stossel. I have been thinking for some time that they are thinking of giving that slot to Huckabee or Stossel. Then last Friday, the first day after Beck and Stossel was on. It would be terrible if Huckabee did not go for being President because he thought he would get the "Beck" slot only to lose it to Stossel after he already made his "Presidential Bid" decision. We will wait and see what happens.

With Sarah Huckabee signing on with Pawlenty's campaign, it means a much less chance that Huckabee will be back in the running or she wouldn't have signed on with Pawlenty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Is it possible that the fifth position will be a rotating position? Personally, I think that would make it far more interesting.

Maybe not getting the slot will enhance GH's reconsideration?
:pray

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Vote For Truth wrote:
In that article, they mentioned the "Five People" but didn't list Stossel. I have been thinking for some time that they are thinking of giving that slot to Huckabee or Stossel. Then last Friday, the first day after Beck and Stossel was on. It would be terrible if Huckabee did not go for being President because he thought he would get the "Beck" slot only to lose it to Stossel after he already made his "Presidential Bid" decision. We will wait and see what happens.

With Sarah Huckabee signing on with Pawlenty's campaign, it means a much less chance that Huckabee will be back in the running or she wouldn't have signed on with Pawlenty.

I thought it was interesting that last week Huckabee started off his show with a chalkboard-when the "human calculator" was on. Could the chalkboard be similar to a purple tie? Hinting that he will be getting the Beck time slot?

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:09 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I think Fox could have done better than this. What is this supposed to be? "The View" for conservatives? I thought Beck's show was rediculous. It was like Rush on crack. I'd rather watch the nightly news than a panel discussing the news and telling me what I already know.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
i wonder what will become of Beck as well. I haven't heard anything about his new online thing. My guesses: a) he runs for president, or b) he dwindles into obscurity, or both.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:53 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
karrboy84 wrote:
I think Fox could have done better than this. What is this supposed to be? "The View" for conservatives? I thought Beck's show was rediculous. It was like Rush on crack. I'd rather watch the nightly news than a panel discussing the news and telling me what I already know.

I have mixed feelings about Beck. He did teach my granddaughter a great deal about the Constitution and American history. He did not help the cause by being so against Huckabee.

Quo Vadis Anima wrote:
Is it possible that the fifth position will be a rotating position? Personally, I think that would make it far more interesting.

Maybe not getting the slot will enhance GH's reconsideration?
:pray

I am praying, too :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Has anybody else watched The Five? I catch some of it when I come home from work. I'd say it's pretty entertaining. Dana Perino is my favorite so far, and Bob Beckel can be funny.