Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:07 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
CEO Tells Congress He Was Fined For Hiring Too Many People

From Peter Schiff's prepared remarks to Congress. Schiff is the CEO of Euro Pacific Capital.
(video clip available at the RCP link at the bottom)

In my own business, securities regulations have prohibited me from hiring brokers for more than three years. I was even fined fifteen thousand dollar expressly for hiring too many brokers in 2008. In the process I incurred more than $500,000 in legal bills to mitigate a more severe regulatory outcome as a result of hiring too many workers. I have also been prohibited from opening up additional offices. I had a major expansion plan that would have resulted in my creating hundreds of additional jobs. Regulations have forced me to put those jobs on hold.

Mr. Schiff's full remarks are available at Forbes -
http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecul ... -creation/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... eople.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
This was very good. I'm not 100% sure about the discrimination laws portion. My dh is Hispanic and he has faced discrimination so we tend to be more sensitive to the possibility then someone like Mr. Shiff. Of course, dh is regularly discriminated against on the basis of gender as he works in a predominantly female field. He has literally been told that his employer got rid of him because he's a male and if she had to choose between keeping the male or keeping the female she'll keep the female. Dh was a contractor so he doesn't think he has any rights in his situation but it does happen. Mr. Schiff may very well be right that getting rid of those laws would make it better not worse but I'm not so sure.

Profile Send private message