Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Message on Civility
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
As the intensity of the GOP nomination process increases I wanted to say a word about the tenor and tone of comments posted here at Huck's Army.

Thanks! :)

That's the word. I know that passions run deep. Disputes are earnest and sometimes bluntly expressed. The fundamental moral questions are addressed with the implication that disagreement is not of minor consequence. I know that is true for me.

Yet if you go to any, and I mean any, political forum out there and compare how folks present their points and deal with opponents of their ideas there is no comparison. Folks at HA are just plain ole NICE. Even when you can tell they are barely holding in their screams...they hold it in. Amazing! Especially because you know just how much they truly care about these issues and our future as a people and a nation.

One of the most fascinating aspects is to notice that whenever things get hot numerous posters will gently step in to disarm, or calm, or divert with a joke, or remind us all of "who we are." Coming from a large and passionate family I recognize all these tactics as both effective and grounded in respect and love.

May it always be so.

Thank you again.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 4 christopher.wilkerson, FL4Huck, mxnwilson, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Now if we can just get you to control your biased (and not in the least bit funny, I might add) humor. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Now if we can just get you to control your biased (and not in the least bit funny, I might add) humor. :wink:

I resent that...I don't deny it...but I do resent it! :wink: :wink: :wink:

("The maid that laughs is half won." 18th century ribald wisdom humor)

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
Speaking of civility, check out the video in the link below. The Daily Show usually is attacking the other side, but in this clip, they highlight the civility hypocrisy of someone on the left:

WARNING: Some profanity in the first minute or so...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/13/m ... hypocrisy/

:floor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
atrain3067 wrote:
Speaking of civility, check out the video in the link below. The Daily Show usually is attacking the other side, but in this clip, they highlight the civility hypocrisy of someone on the left:

WARNING: Some profanity in the first minute or so...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/13/m ... hypocrisy/

:floor

I saw that. Hilarious. Almost feel bad for Harrop. Almost.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 31
And, I meant to say in my first post on this thread, I so much appreciate the civility on HucksArmy. You don't know what you've got, 'till it's gone, as the song goes. I kinda got spoiled with Huckabee as a candidate and with HucksArmy as a forum for political discussion.

There just is no comparison to Huckabee as a candidate in my eyes, and there is no comparison to the quality of discussion that is provided by HucksArmy. The vitriol and hatred on so many of the other political message boards and such really makes you appreciate what we all have here at HucksArmy.

:up

Post by atrain3067 Liked by: IowaforHuckabee