Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Allen West for Speaker?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
doesn't have to be a member of Congress. WSU?
Also,any CHANCE Gov Huckabee would run in 2016?
I'd like to look at some possibilities out there i could get behind.
This was a brutal year and a very brutal election. If we support anyone should probably start getting ready soon. Obama(thank God)won't be running again but you can be sure the Dems will want to continue this hold on power.
thanks. haven't been back here in a good long while. Miss the 'old days'.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I'm betting the Dems go with Hillary in 2016. No telling what the Reps are going to do - it appears we're still as divided as ever. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am 
Lieutenant

Liked: 0
so you're saying Huck won't run?
Hillary looks kinda washed up. sure they won't come up w/ someone else or is she it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Well, if any citizen could be Speaker, then I see no reason to limit it to former members.

Huckabee for Speaker!

Failing that, I'd be happy with the greatest second baseman of all time, Craig Biggio.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
I was disappointed when I heard that all the congressional leadership has already been chosen. Almost complete status quo. In fact, Rubio nominated Mitch McConnell to stay on as Senate minority leader.

Quote:
18 days ago
Boehner renominated for House speaker
politicalmugshot
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) – House Speaker John Boehner received a standing ovation after being renominated to his position Wednesday by the House Republican Conference.

Nominated by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, Boehner gained support from members of his party to continue his speakership. He will be formally elected by a vote in the House of Representatives when the 113th Congress convenes in January.

– Follow the Ticker on Twitter: @PoliticalTicker

Cantor was also renominated as House majority leader.

Responding to the renominations, Democrats said House Republicans "chose to ignore voters who ousted tea party Republican incumbents."

"House Republicans just doubled down on more of the same priorities that protect millionaires at the expense of the middle class," said Jesse Ferguson, communications director for the Democratic Congressional Committee Committee, in a statement.

Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas rose in the meeting and nominated former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, according to sources in the room, but no one seconded that nomination.

Also Wednesday, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington defeated Rep. Tom Price of Georgia to become leader of the Republican Conference, the fourth ranking GOP spot in the House. McMorris Rodgers faced a competitive challenge from Price, who received backing from GOP star Rep. Paul Ryan in a letter Tuesday.

The current conference chairman, Rep. Jeb Hensarling of Texas, is leaving the role to chair the House Financial Services Committee.

While five congressional races remain undecided, Republicans maintained control of the House majority in last week's elections. As of now, Republicans will outnumber Democrats 234-196 in the next Congress. Democrats, however, hold narrow leads in all five House races considered too close to call.