Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Voting is such a privilege! Are you preparing to vote two weeks from today, on Tuesday, November 4?

Are you also actively helping candidates with calls, signs, letters, etc.? Maybe some of you are precinct committeemen or women.

I plan to vote on November 4, although I have a couple of other appointments that day. This will be the first time in several few years I will not be helping by being a poll worker since the county has cut back on workers, to save money. Another lady really wanted to remain on the team, so I am bowing out. I like working as a poll worker because it is an opportunity to meet voters in our small town and catch up with old acquaintances a bit.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I will definitely be voting on Election Day. I'm not a fan of early voting...somehow it seems cheap or cheating. I dunno why. And I'm hoping it's a really low turnout in my heavily Democratic area! :mrgreen: I just checked the numbers, and my county went 84.8% to Obama. :barf , his highest winning margin of any county in the state. I really need to get out of this cesspool :lurk

I am getting nervous about this Senate race! Might be looking at a runoff.

The idea of GA being a battleground state makes me want to vomit. I mean, how can it be this close when Romney won this state by 8 points and Obama's current approval rating here is at 41%?!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 am 

Liked: 340
My wife is voting here from Germany (for Pennsylvania races).

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
My wife and I will be voting at at our county courthouse about a week early. She is having major surgery on election day so we'll be at the hospital by 6am. Prayers appreciated....for her and the election!

Post by karrboy84 Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
When possible I like to vote on election day and I can this year, so I will.

I've been volunteering for the Republican candidate for State Rep. in my county and I'm also volunteer staffing my county GOP Victory Center (basically the phone bank) until the election.

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

Post by ohiorepublican09 Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
I will definitely be voting on Election Day. I'm not a fan of early voting...somehow it seems cheap or cheating. I dunno why. And I'm hoping it's a really low turnout in my heavily Democratic area! :mrgreen: I just checked the numbers, and my county went 84.8% to Obama. :barf , his highest winning margin of any county in the state. I really need to get out of this cesspool :lurk

I am getting nervous about this Senate race! Might be looking at a runoff.

The idea of GA being a battleground state makes me want to vomit. I mean, how can it be this close when Romney won this state by 8 points and Obama's current approval rating here is at 41%?!

Sorry about your state of Georgia. I can't believe over 80% could ever support Obama!

I am proud of you for going out to vote, and on Election Day. It is a national holiday--a designated day, by law, to vote.

Although I am glad for opportunities for those who CAN'T vote at their local polling place on that day (vacations, illnesses, extenuating circumstances, military duty, etc.), I agree that giving more "freedoms," places and times to vote, to more and more people we check less and less, all makes the likelihood of voter fraud and multiple voting likely. Democrats win this way, which is why they want illegals to vote, and they use all sorts of methods, like voting multiple times, intimidation, and stealing or misplacing votes, etc.

Many recent elections could have been won if conservatives had not become discouraged, or "forgot," or weren't registered, etc. Our greatest threat is not from the liberals but from so many conservatives staying home.

Liberal Democrats have shown little hesitancy to vote twice or more. Meanwhile, only half the 89 million Christian evangelicals are registered; 1/4 to 1/2 of those vote. Do the math. It becomes almost impossible to change our government if we don't care enough to vote (I am sure you do care!). But turn that math around. If even 50 million of those evangelicals (plus other Republicans) get out, Obama's agenda would be done!

Polls are showing how unpopular Obama and his policies are. He claims this election will be a referendum on him and his record. Let's show him how we hate what he is doing to our beloved country by voting against every Obama supporter running!

I hope we can all make a point of calling or reminding others to vote, and also offering to take them to the polls.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter