Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
Posted by Kevin on April 9 2008

New Hampshire State Senator Bob Clegg is running for Congress in his state’s second congressional district and he deserves your support.

Bob Clegg was an early supporter of Mike Huckabee’s Presidential campaign and the campaign’s New Hampshire chair. I met State Senator Clegg at an action packed Huckabee campaign event on July 7th of last year where Huckabee’s band, Capitol Offense, was playing. (Here’s the post and photo gallery from that day)

I don’t have any photos of Senator Clegg in that gallery, although he did take that photo of my dad and me with Governor Huckabee. He actually took another photo of the three of us with his camera, which Governor Huckabee signed and wrote a personal thank you note to us for our help and support.

Anyway, I was kind of shocked when I checked out Bob Clegg’s campaign website (http://www.CleggForCongress.com) because he looks almost nothing like himself less than a year ago. You see, Clegg was a bit on the heavy side and he’s lost a TON of weight, which they elude to in their latest campaign ad: “Brown Bag with Bob”

This is State Senator Clegg helping the Huckabee campaign during the Ames Straw Poll. Quite an impressive amount of weight loss for such a short amount of time. I’m willing to bet his decision to drop the pounds was at the very least inspired by the time he spent with Governor Huckabee, who has an made an incredibly weight loss journey of his own.

But there’s more reason to show Clegg your support than just his healthier lifestyle. Clegg is a supporter of the Fair Tax and an honest conservative willing to fight for the people who elected him and not cave in to special interest groups when he gets to Washington.

Clegg’s battle for Congress is going to be a tough one, as will be the case for most Republicans seeking office. That’s why it’s critical that we show our continued support for the principles that lead us to Governor Mike Huckabee’s campaign and help State Senator Bob Clegg get elected to the House of Representatives. We may not be able to send Mike Huckabee to the White House, but we can still elect Republicans who will continue our fight in the legislative branch!

Show your support for Bob Clegg today

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:51 am 
***** General

Liked: 13
Before we jump in I think we need more info on where he stands on the issues. By the way, where did this post come from?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
ProEvangelical wrote:
Before we jump in I think we need more info on where he stands on the issues. By the way, where did this post come from?

Came from http://www.ktracy.com
Not asking anyone to "jump in" - do some research on the man.......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:10 am 
***** General

steves wrote:
ProEvangelical wrote:

Came from http://www.ktracy.com
Not asking anyone to "jump in" - do some research on the man.......

Part of what many of us have said we want to do with this movement is make it larger than Mike Huckabee. We want to support candidates who are Huckabee-like.

In some cases, in some regions, it may be possible for HucksArmy people to travel and help a candidate for congress -- indeed even to swarm in and signwave, man phones, what have you. I was simply fishing for thoughts about what this man stands for.

Perhaps someone will e-mail this man, or find info from a voterguide site which will be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:01 am 

Liked: 0
I cannot, in good conscious, support Bob Clegg.

Bob Clegg supports the Real-ID, which gives the federal government the power to violate my right to privacy.

If Bob Clegg changed his views on this matter, though, I would seriously consider donating to his campaign.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:10 am 
General

Liked: 52
Bob Clegg was the first candidate promoted on HuckPAC:
http://www.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=1592

The blog post there has the following link to his candidate bio:
https://secure.cleggforcongress.com/bio.php

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:24 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
The republican primary is tonight, we should all be in prayer that Mr. Clegg wins tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
45% of the vote is in and it is very close. I'm not sure what the rules are in New Hampshire. In Georgia for a Primary like this if no one gets over 50% there is a run off between the two highest finishers. There are five people running in this primary.

You can find the results updated here: http://www.wmur.com/politics/feature.html

Clegg is currently ahead by 8 votes. Earlier when I was watching the early returns he was behind by a few hundred.

Edit - Now with 53% of the vote in Clegg trails again by 600-700 votes. It is clear that whomever wins won't get 50% of the vote. But then again I have no idea if they do runoffs in New Hampshire.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:07 am 
***** General

Looks like they've declared Jennifer Horn the winner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 am 
***** General

Here, at PolitickerNH.com is some blogging on the results --and on the campaign in general.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
How sad. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 pm 
***** General

Two thoughts come to mind.

(1) The field was too big, and so the vote was distributed widely. If it had been simply Horn v. Clegg that might've made a better contest. But, alas that is politics.

Many people complain about the GOP presidential primary rules. But, life isn't ideal. Everyone has to compete under the same flawed circumstances. Not that I don't advocate revisiting those rules after election season --I do.

(2) I wonder if there was a Palin effect. Did some Republican women (or men) with Palin fever tilt recently toward Jennifer Horn? I dunno. Just wondering.