Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Lautenberg leads in poll, with narrowest edge vs. Pennacchio
by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
Wednesday March 05, 2008, 6:41 AM
Democrat Frank Lautenberg leads State Sen. Joseph Pennacchio by only eight points, 46 percent to 38 percent, in the race for U.S. Senate, a Rasmussen Reports poll of New Jersey voters released Tuesday shows, according to a report on PolitickerNJ.com.
The report said the four-term incumbent leads businesswoman Anne Evans Estabrook 44 percent to 34 percent, and leads Ramapo College professor Murray Sabrin 46 percent to 31 percent. Half the voters (51 percent) have a favorable opinion of the 84-year-old Lautenberg, while 39 percent view him unfavorably.

***From http://www.jerseyjoe08.com.........

Principled Traditional Values
I am committed to the protection of the traditional family and American values. Those principled values so well articulated by our founding fathers that have guided our country for well over 200 years.

I believe in the US Constitution, in its entirety, including the 2nd Amendment.

I am pro-life and believe our nation's inherent support of life comes from our Declaration of Independence where it states that all men have the fundamental right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as given by our creator.

I will support a Marriage Amendment to the US Constitution because I believe that marriage has been the cornerstone of society since its inception.

I will support "English First", even as a constitutional amendment because I believe that our common language is the glue that holds our diverse people together.

I believe the purpose of our courts are to judge laws not create them. My principled message of governance is based on less taxes, smaller government, peace and security through strength, and protection and encouragement of individual and economic freedoms.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:34 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
I would really really love it if he could steal a Senate seat. NJ is a pretty liberal state though and it would be a long shot.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
Thanks for posting this here! I posted about "Jersey Joe" on Huckpac last night, and meant to do it here, too.

Joe Pennacchio got the endorsement of New Jersey Right to Life this week. He is a medical doctor (a dentist) with good ideas about health care, he reminds me of Gov. Huckabee when he says
Quote:
"I choose to run for the United States Senate not to change things to make them different but to make them better.
I choose to run, not to tell you how bad my opponents are, but to offer a "Promise and Vision" for a better tomorrow."

The chance to vote for Joe Pennacchio is now - our New Jersey Primary is THIS TUESDAY, June 3rd (we voted on Super Tuesday just for presidentical candidates; this is our regular primary).

The contact for the Grassroots/campaign operation is George Dredden:
George@JerseyJoe08.com
862-812-0370

If you live in NJ, vote for Joe! If you know someone who lives here, please talk to them about voting for Joe Pennacchio! It would be so fantastic to have a pro-life, connected-to-the-people, vertical Republican representing our state in the US Senate!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:57 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Yay! I have disliked Frank Lautenberg since I was a kid. I was kind of surprised to see he's 84, but I guess he would have to be since I knew of him so long ago. Hope you NJ folks are successful in replacing him! Work hard at this one - sounds like Pennacchio is an honorable replacement.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:50 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
Sadly, Pennacchio lost in the primaries to Dick Zimmer, who is pro choice :(

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 pm 
***** General

Would have preferred Pennachio but..........................
http://www.thenextright.com/patrick-ruf ... -zimmer-44
NJ-SEN: Lautenberg 45, Zimmer 44
View What links here by Patrick Ruffini | June 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM
in Dick Zimmer Frank Lautenberg New Jersey NJ-SEN
I don't think this was as on anyone's radar of competitive races, but a Rasmussen poll finds 84-year-old incumbent Frank Lautenberg out front of Republican former Rep. Dick Zimmer by just a point, 45-44.

New Jersey always teases us so, giving us some tempting poll numbers right before (usually) closing for the Dems. Still, this was an HRC state in the primary, and Lautenberg had to fend off a spirited challenge in the primary from Rep. Rob Andrews.

Zimmer may not be anyone's model Republican, but I'll be happy to see Lautenberg go. This is the same guy who was placed illegally on the ballot to replace the crooked Bob Torricelli after the deadline in 2002. And who played the age card against 72-year-old Republican incumbent Milicent Fenwick in his first race in 1982.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
I'd be glad to see Lautenberg go, too.

But this reminds me yet again of NJ politics - on the Republican side, that is - dump the conservative in the primary, and then lose to the liberal in the general election. (Remember Brett Schundler?) Any man (Zimmer) who flip flops on the partial birth abortion issue for political gain is not trustworthy.

Lautenberg's commercials were very well done.

I suppose, though, that NJ politicians can't use the age argument against McCain, though, with Lautenberg on the ballot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:41 pm 
***** General

Would have preferred Pennacchio but it would still be great to steal a seat.........
Lautenberg Up In NJ
Four-term Senator Frank Lautenberg has never faced an easy re-election, and according to a new poll this year won't be any different. Republican candidate Dick Zimmer is within striking distance, and the GOP, searching for new targets, could decide to make a play for the Garden State.

The poll, conducted by the Monmouth University Polling Institute for Gannett, surveyed 698 registered voters between 7/17-21 for a margin of error of +/- 3.7%. Lautenberg and Zimmer, a former member of Congress, were tested. The survey sample was made up of 42% Democratic voters, 25% Republican voters and 33% independents and others.

General Election Matchup
(All / Dem / GOP / Ind)
Lautenberg.....45 / 75 / 14 / 34
Zimmer............37 / 10 / 71 / 40

Lautenberg has never been the most popular public official in New Jersey. Just 37% of likely voters have a favorable impression of him while 29% say they have an unfavorable impression, and his job approval rating sits at 46%, below the crucial 50% mark most pollsters agree makes for a safe incumbent.

Still, New Jersey is unlike other states in that voters there are notoriously reluctant to answer pollsters' questions. The number of undecided voters usually remains sky-high until the final week before Election Day, when they break toward one candidate. In recent years, that phenomenon has enticed Republicans to spend heavily on two governors' contests and two Senate races, though in all four races undecideds broke to the Democratic candidate.

If the National Republican Senatorial Committee decides to spend in New Jersey again this year, they will have to deal with two of the most expensive media markets in the country to get their message out, in New York City and Philadelphia. Polls that show Lautenberg well under the 50% mark and suggest he is an unpopular incumbent may just be enough to get Republicans involved once again.

Posted by Reid Wilson at 12:50 PM | Email | Print | Permalink
Login | Register | RSS