Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
This is a Faith, Family, Freedom candidate that the Michigan Huckabee group enthusiastically endorses and who needs our help to overcome the entrenched liberal Carl Levin. Please take a look and offer whatever help you can.

http://www.JackForMichigan.org

Quote:
Dear friends:

I am a candidate for the United States Senate in the great state of Michigan. I am running against a firmly entrenched liberal by the name of Carl Levin. He has been in office for thirty years. Voters have never had a clearer choice than they do this year.

Senator Levin and I could not be more different. While his legacy is one of ever increasing the tax burden on families and businesses, supporting a woman’s “right to choose” abortion, even partial birth abortion, and refusing to open domestic oil supplies. He has been soft on the sanctity of marriage and unreliable on the issue of border security.

I have a six-year record fighting higher taxes and spending. I have never voted for a tax increase and voted against last year’s $1.4 billion spending increase. As the former executive director of a crisis pregnancy center, I certainly understand and have actively defended the constitutional right to life of all persons, from conception to natural death. I fought for the successful passage of the Marriage Amendment in Michigan. I have pledged to take a strong stand in defense of our borders as a Senator from Michigan. I was honored to receive the endorsement of Mike Huckabee a couple of weeks ago.

Carl Levin is one of the most liberal senators in Washington. He has been a leader in working against the conservative ideals of senators like Tom Coburn from Oklahoma and Jim DeMint from South Carolina. These men have been champions for the issues you and I hold dear, but they need help. As the coalition of conservative leaders in the Senate grows, we will begin to positively affect policy for ALL Americans.

I am the decided underdog, but I am with you on the issues that matter. After fighting for six years in the Michigan Legislature for less government, personal responsibility, and core family values, I am ready to take those principles to Washington. The only challenge is getting people to know who I am and what I stand for. Can I count on your support? Would you be willing to go online to JackForMichigan.org and make a $10 contribution? Can I ask you to help us by making a dozen (or more) phone calls to voters in Michigan?

We have a great grass roots ground team here in Michigan. But we need all the help we can muster. I hope I can count on you to be a part of this effort. For more information about the campaign and my voting record, go to http://www.JackForMichigan.org.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Jack Hoogendyk

Candidate for US Senate

Specifically, take a look at where he stands on the issues:
http://www.jackformichigan.org/issues/

He is a social conservative's conservative. I love the part about his support for a federal marriage amendment and especially his stand on stem cell research.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 am 
Major

Liked: 0
Jack is also the Co-Sponsor for the Michigan Fair Tax Legislation now pending.

We can create a movmeent by providing a strength in action and as our coalition grows in size, this proto type for future empowerment of our Quest in this Senate race run over into the Senate and House races in 2010 as well as the 2012 Presidnetial election.

Looking into the future of the next presidential election that Huckabee is in, be it 2012 or 16, there is also the 2010 election for Senators. If we can forge a trail that show how powerful we are as a Coalition, that would cause a very large stir and media exposure that would resonate for years. What if we centered on a Senator or two to put the full weight of the Coalition behind and defeat a heavy weight Democrat Senator like Carl Levin this fall, can you imagine the result?

If we take down Levin, we have set up a pattern. Rather then be spread out as a Army , we can center on the weak flanks and fill in the ranks of the Senate for our Quest to take this Country back by making God politically correct once again.

We have an excellent candidate up against Levin in Michigan and Jack Hoogendyk is endorsed by HUCKPAC. He has adopted the Michigan Huckabee Grassroots Coalition to be a major part of his campaign staff. Jack is none of us! What do you think, shall we make history and make the grassroots the Power PAC?!

If everyone donated a little, it would make a huge difference. Also, there may be more on the horizon in this Michigan Senate race to come. Stay tuned.

"The real government that needs to be established is what are we going to do in our own hearts and lives," Huckabee said. "The best government is the simplest government, and the simplest government is self-government."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 am 
***** General

Liked: 37
If things don't go well this week for us and Mike is not the VP and it is not someone acceptable to us I'm going all in for Jack. If I can get a hold of some extra cash (which honestly is not very likely) I am more than willing to travel to Michigan in late October to volunteer for his campaign. That is how much I like Jack and feel he needs to be Michigan's next US Senator.