Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
I just got the following message on Facebook:

Quote:
FROM THE AJC

Emergency Funds Needed for Rep. David Scott,” blared the subject line of the Oct. 21 e-mail about Georgia’s 13th district race.

It’s a strange juxtaposition in a national environment that strongly favors the Democrats and a Democratic Congressman who represents a district that Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) won in the 2004 White House election with more than 60 percent of the vote.

But publicly and privately, Democrats are trying to focus attention on the Atlanta-area Congressional district.

Scott, an African-American former state legislator, was first elected in 2002 with 60 percent. He ran unopposed in 2004 and took 69 percent in 2006. Scott, who is the brother-in-law of baseball legend Hank Aaron, represents a district that is approximately 41 percent black and about 8 percent Hispanic. Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is expected to do very well in the district.

According to new Democratic polling for Scott’s campaign, Obama is winning the district 56 percent to 35 percent. But in the Congressional ballot test, the Congressman is only ahead narrowly, 43 percent to 38 percent, over physician Deborah Honeycutt (R). The poll was conducted Oct. 13-14 by Cooper and Secrest Associates.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
I remember Honeycutt!! Go Debrah go!! An african American doctor and true Huckabee republican. :D

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
What I'd really like to see is Governor Huckabee endorse her which might get Dr. Honeycutt over the top.

GO DEBORAH GO INDEED!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Honeycutt caught my eye several months ago and I have sent money to her campaign when I could. I think she is a great candidate. If you can spare a few dollars - make a donation today. Sounds like she has a chance!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Im here in GA-13, and I think one of the things hurting David Scott are accusations of corruption.
Quote:
In May 2007, it was reported that the business owes more than $150,000 in back taxes and penalties.[2] Scott's campaigns have paid the company more than $500,000 since 2002 for office rent, printing, T-shirts, and other services. He has also paid his wife, two daughters, and son-in-law tens of thousands of dollars for campaign work such as fund raising and canvassing. In 2007, David Scott was named one of the 22 most corrupt members of Congress by the political watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.[3]
But here's something really disgusting: David Scott is running this ad here, after he told his constituents that he would support the FairTax!

http://www.honeycuttforcongress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
Major

Liked: 0
David Scott didn't get my vote.

Don't forget - Jim Martin MUST NOT win our Senate seat. He is no friend to the FAIR TAX and a threat to conservative principles. And he is surging in the polls, riding the wave of anti-W sentinment. (As if if it's Bush's fault that 9/11, Katrina and the subprime crash all happened in the past 8 years).

Saxby needs every vote - so I hope my fellow Georgians are encouraging their friends and family to get to the polls. Don't take it for granted that your elderly relatives and neighbors will remember, or will feel comfortable waiting in the lines - maybe Barry is right and we should take the day off to get them to the polls. (I can't take the day off - but if you can - great idea - spend it well, helping others excercise their right and responsibility to chose our leaders.