Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
Email received tonight from John Linder:

Quote:
I write to you today to say thank you for all of your support, hard work, and well wishes over the last several months. Thanks to all of you out there, leading the grassroots effort in your communities, we were able to facilitate a sizeable victory and send a message to the Democrat majority that there are still folks who believe in truly conservative principles and are willing to fight tooth and nail to protect them. There is one certainty that I have learned through my tenure as a public servant. Without people like you who believe in this country and are willing to sacrifice to promote responsible leadership, success is impossible. So I say one more time, thank you.

Unfortunately, our work is not done. I imagine you are all aware that Saxby Chambliss has been forced into a runoff with Democrat Jim Martin. This puts Georgia squarely in the fight to preserve some semblance of balance in the Federal government. Senate Democrats are inching closer and closer to the 60 vote cloture vote they will need to advance any piece of legislation they please. And believe me, with a Nancy Pelosi run House, and our new President, there is nothing stopping them.

We have got to go to work and make sure that doesn't happen. I'm working to collect volunteers to help build a grassroots movement in the 7th district so we can turn out a massive vote for Saxby on December 2nd. If you are willing to work for Saxby, the Senate sponsor of the FairTax, please email me at john@johnlinder.com and we'll get you going.

Sincerely,

John

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:32 pm 
Major General

Liked: 8
Has the libertarian candidate that forced the runnoff endorsed Chambliss? I think when I looked, the red counties had more Allen Buckley votes than the blue counties. That says to me he got more support in conservative areas. Libertarians are principled, but at times, a goofy lot. I wonder if Mr. Buckley's supporters will go for Chambliss?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:28 pm 
General

Liked: 52
As he's the Senate sponsor of the Fair Tax, this is a very important cause for all of us. I live 30 miles across from the Georgia state line. I think I'm going to send an email to see what I can do to help. If they have internet sites for phone calling, it's something important enough that we could all participate in, but I could actually go up and help, too.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
This is the folly of ridiculous third parties. Buckley's vanity campaign may end up costing the Republican's one more seat in the Senate, but without doubt it will end up costing Georgians millions more to pay for this runoff election.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:12 pm 
Major

Liked: 0
EARLY VOTING FOR THE GA SENATE RUN-OFF STARTS TODAY!!!

I voted today at my county election's office and it only took a few minutes. There are NO excuses for not voting!

Let's defeat Democrat Jim Martin and return Saxby Chambliss to D.C.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Right you are DeputyJ! Let's get every vote out for Saxby and the FairTax!!