Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Reading this has caused me to wonder if Senior GOP members lied to interfere with any potential endorsements for Mike Huckabee in the 2008 primary...... This also calls into question all of Grayson's wild accusations and negative ads regarding Rand.

KY: McConnell misleads Dr. Dobson on behalf of Grayson. It backfires, causing Dobson to call out Senior Republicans for misleading him and He gave a Glowing endorsement to Dr. Rand Paul for Senate in Kentucky.

Dr. James Dobson Endorses Rand Paul

Published on 03 May 2010 by admin in Press Releases

Pro Family leader rethinks previous endorsement that was based on “misleading information”

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — May 3, 2010

BOWLING GREEN, KY – Dr. James Dobson has changed his endorsement in the Republican primary for United States Senate in Kentucky. Below is the text of Dr. James Dobson’s endorsement of Dr. Rand Paul in the race for U.S. Senate.

Dr. James Dobson: “Have you ever made an embarrassing mistake? I did just that last week. I was given misleading information about the candidacy of Dr. Rand Paul, who is running in the Republican Primary for the U.S. Senate. Senior members of the GOP told me Dr. Paul is pro-choice and that he opposes many conservative perspectives, so I endorsed his opponent.

“But now I’ve received further information from OB/GYN’s in Kentucky whom I trust, and from interviewing the candidate himself.

“I now know that he is avidly pro life. He believes that life begins at conception.

“He opposes earmarking and supports Israel. He identifies with the Tea Party movement and believes in home schooling. Sounds like my kind of man.

“If I lived in Kentucky, I would vote for Dr. Rand Paul. Would you consider sending him to the U.S. Senate to shake things up in Washington?”

Dr. Paul adds, “I thank Dr. Dobson for his support and for his thorough investigation of the views of the candidates in this race. I believe his message and his explanation for his new endorsement says it all. “

And about those "Senior members of the GOP... Saw this on Politico:

Mitch McConnell endorsed Trey Grayson in Kentucky today, a fairly unusual move for the Minority Leader, and also a kind of doubling down: A Republican source tells me that James Dobson, who angrily switched candidates this week and endorsed Rand Paul, blames McConnell for allegedly misleading him on Paul's abortion credentials.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0510/McConnell_in_Kentucky.html?showall

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
This is very significant. This move bodes well for Huckabee in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Quote:
Reading this has caused me to wonder if Senior GOP members lied to interfere with any potential endorsements for Mike Huckabee in the 2008 primary

I would bet the farm that it most likely happened along with the sell-out Christian leaders who got sucked in by Romney which left Huckabee, the most pro-life and pro-family candidate to come along in a great while, without the endorsements that were logically his.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 pm 
Major

Liked: 22
Hi Principles Matters, How do you think this will help Huck in '12? I am just curious.

Thanks!

Christopher

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
It shows the Dobson (and likely other Christian, cultural conservative leaders) are becoming more wary of trusting the GOP establishment and are more willing to do their own fact finding. This bodes will for Huckabee because if people like Dobson and others do more self investigation of the candidates, they will see the many of the charges against Huckabee are lies and the record of other candidates have been whitewashed.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:08 pm 

Liked: 152
Dobson: GOP misled me on Paul

Dobson sees through Grayson

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
PrinciplesMatter wrote:
It shows the Dobson (and likely other Christian, cultural conservative leaders) are becoming more wary of trusting the GOP establishment and are more willing to do their own fact finding. This bodes will for Huckabee because if people like Dobson and others do more self investigation of the candidates, they will see the many of the charges against Huckabee are lies and the record of other candidates have been whitewashed.

I like how you think.

Seriously, you never fail to impress me with your wisdom. I think you're right on the mark with this comment.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
chapelccino wrote:
PrinciplesMatter wrote:

I like how you think.

Seriously, you never fail to impress me with your wisdom. I think you're right on the mark with this comment.
Where's the "Like" button? I need to click it.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:00 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Also, Mitch having bet the farm on his protege Trey, if Rand wins, will lose prestige and maybe power. Thus we may be able to get more Conservative leadership on the Republican side instead of liberal Republicans who may rally the troops to oppose bad Democrat legislation, but cave in when the Republicans have bank bailouts or want to pass poorly thought out immigration bills, etc.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.