Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:12 am
Posts: 3819
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Likes: 194
Liked: 215
nice!

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 960
Likes: 3
Liked: 58
Somebody enlighten me. I know zero about this woman. She's conservative, right, but didn't she have some ethical/financial issues?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am
Posts: 970
Likes: 8
Liked: 19
Another RINO bites the dust!
Way to go Christine!
The TEA party once again crushes the FLEA party.
They say she can't beat the Democrat, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. Anyway, we need to continue NOT rewarding RINOS just because they have an "R" after their name. We must also commit to holding all Republicans accountable to not only not vote for banker bailouts and all other insane Keynesian economic interventions, as well as committing to getting true transparency at the FED and in our monetary policy.
Also need them to repeal the mountain of socialist legislation that has taken place not only during Obama's reign, but during the last decades.

_________________
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." ~ Ronald Reagan


You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: Iowa
Likes: 51
Liked: 211
Is this the same Tea Party that got behind RINO Scott Brown? Seems the Tea Party has an identity crises at times. What they are saying is that a RINO is no better than a Democrat and that is why Castle had to go but yet it was okay for Brown to defeat the Democrat.

_________________
"We fought, we dreamed, that dream is still with us."
Ronald Reagan, 1976


TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 960
Likes: 3
Liked: 58
Iowans rock, I see your point. But Brown's victory in MA really proved that this was a Republican year, if anyone ever doubted that. So it was symbolically important. That being said, I believe running like Goldwater (running not to win but to educate) can be good too.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:23 pm
Posts: 2158
Likes: 4
Liked: 32
Frankly, I don't really care who wins anymore -- there is little I can get excited about the GOP -- including the establishment and Tea Partiers who can't seem to comprehend the drastic harm done by contributing to a scenario that continues a majority liberal Congress with a liberal President.

Now, some races are inevitable -- so you accept what you cannot change -- i.e., Andrew Cuomo is my next governor -- doesn't matter whether Lazio or Palidino won. Chuck Schmer will remain my senator. In my district, the establishment candidate (backed by McCain, Palin and Guliani) won -- I don't care -- both candidates looked equally phony and unpromising.

Castle lost to O'Donnell in DE -- some people think this is success -- I see a potential GOP seat going down to a liberal Democrat. I have seen what that does these last two years -- that's not success to me. O'Donnell cannot win in the general election. This is DE, folks -- the moderates and the independents -- not to mention the liberals -- will determine the general election. Castle held the cards with the mods and independents -- O'Donnell will go down in a fire of tea! How foolish! You cannot convert moderates into conservatives -- but you can certainly hand them on a silver platter to liberals. Congratulations - game well played! Tonight, the Democratic liberals and the Tea Partiers in DE rejoice together -- :roll: :roll:

On the other hand, GOP establishment candidates like Romney, et al don't represent me -- nor do I want them to.

I guess this is what it boils down to: I fervently hope Mike Huckabee runs and wins -- and then I can get excited again.

Until then -- I place my trust in God -- everything else political has sorely let me down.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:48 am
Posts: 970
Likes: 8
Liked: 19
Iowans Rock wrote:
Is this the same Tea Party that got behind RINO Scott Brown? Seems the Tea Party has an identity crises at times. What they are saying is that a RINO is no better than a Democrat and that is why Castle had to go but yet it was okay for Brown to defeat the Democrat.



The tea party folks I speak of came out of the 2007 version of the TEA party folks who raised $6.4 million in one day back in Dec. '07.
These folks clearly did not like Scott Brown.
Unfortunately the tea party crowd is beginning to be the more big government neo con types.
The TEA party is being co-opted by mainstream Republicans and is sadly becoming the TEAR party.

_________________
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." ~ Ronald Reagan


You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
So, what's wrong with this woman again? I've heard her speak tonight and her interviews and it sounds like she is just the right type of person that Washington needs. So, other than person attacks, what's the case against her?

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
After seeing how this race and other races have played out where the GOP establishments finds themselves on the wrong side, I am coming to the realization that the GOP doesn't get it and they are more concerned with Power rather than Principle. Who cares if she can't win Delaware. It's a blue State and we need to have someone with a great message and able to changes the hearts and minds of some the people there. Yet, all I've been hearing for GOP bosses is that if she wins, we run the risk of not getting a majority...meaning Mitch Mcconnell doesn't get his leaership job back. I could care less. In the Senate, you need 60 votes to do anything and if we get 45 Senators that with will stand on principle, then I'm fine with that.

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
This is bad. From my own research, O'Donnell's moral compass is so screwed up she couldn't find her way out to the parking lot if she tried. If she somehow wins the general election, she will become another Castle in four years, I guarentee it.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
tdavisjr wrote:
After seeing how this race and other races have played out where the GOP establishments finds themselves on the wrong side, I am coming to the realization that the GOP doesn't get it and they are more concerned with Power rather than Principle. Who cares if she can't win Delaware. It's a blue State and we need to have someone with a great message and able to changes the hearts and minds of some the people there. Yet, all I've been hearing for GOP bosses is that if she wins, we run the risk of not getting a majority...meaning Mitch Mcconnell doesn't get his leaership job back. I could care less. In the Senate, you need 60 votes to do anything and if we get 45 Senators that with will stand on principle, then I'm fine with that.


Certainly its a blue state. But the GOP was able to hold a senate seat from that blue state thanks to Mike Castle. Thanks to the shortsidedness of the Tea Party Express, Sarah Palin, and Jim DeMint, that seat is going blue, and it ain't going to be red again...forever.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:24 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
lelouch3071 wrote:
Certainly its a blue state. But the GOP was able to hold a senate seat from that blue state thanks to Mike Castle. Thanks to the shortsidedness of the Tea Party Express, Sarah Palin, and Jim DeMint, that seat is going blue, and it ain't going to be red again...forever.


So, conservative ideas have been defeated in Delaware. Is that what you are trying to say? If turning a state Red means compromising on principles, then I would rather it stay blue. Maybe Floridians should select Charlie Crist or we probably should have worked out a deal with Arlen Spector.

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:30 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm
Posts: 2363
Location: Iowa
Likes: 51
Liked: 211
tdavisjr,

Not too long ago you were defending backing the candidate who could win even though they weren't the most conservative. Don't know if that has much to do with principles.

_________________
"We fought, we dreamed, that dream is still with us."
Ronald Reagan, 1976


TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
Iowans Rock wrote:
tdavisjr,

Not too long ago you were defending backing the candidate who could win even though they weren't the most conservative. Don't know if that has much to do with principles.


YES.

You are missing one thing though..I THINK SHE CAN WIN!

If she has the right message and given this current political climate. She has a shot. I've listen to her and she doesn't sound like a "nutty" candidate to me as she have been referred to by some Republicans.

What's your case against her? Why can't she win?

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:31 pm
Posts: 3475
Likes: 0
Liked: 6
Quote:
Is this the same Tea Party that got behind RINO Scott Brown?


The Tea Party isn't a monolith group so it isn't possible to prove/disprove these sort of statements.. Also Castle's record is considerably more liberal than Brown's based on what I have heard about specific votes.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
tdavisjr wrote:
lelouch3071 wrote:
Certainly its a blue state. But the GOP was able to hold a senate seat from that blue state thanks to Mike Castle. Thanks to the shortsidedness of the Tea Party Express, Sarah Palin, and Jim DeMint, that seat is going blue, and it ain't going to be red again...forever.


So, conservative ideas have been defeated in Delaware. Is that what you are trying to say? If turning a state Red means compromising on principles, then I would rather it stay blue. Maybe Floridians should select Charlie Crist or we probably should have worked out a deal with Arlen Spector.


What good are principles if you can't get the power to put them in practice ? Besides, you have to be joking if you think O'Donnell stands for ANY principles. She is perhaps one of the most morally challenged politicians I know.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
tdavisjr wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:
tdavisjr,

Not too long ago you were defending backing the candidate who could win even though they weren't the most conservative. Don't know if that has much to do with principles.


YES.

You are missing one thing though..I THINK SHE CAN WIN!

If she has the right message and given this current political climate. She has a shot. I've listen to her and she doesn't sound like a "nutty" candidate to me as she have been referred to by some Republicans.

What's your case against her? Why can't she win?


Blue State, Majority of voters are independents, and she was backed by people who are toxic with independents, and a bluest of the blue states. She is going nowhere, and now we have lost the chance to take control of the Senate.

If you believe in losing control of the Senate to teach those "RINO" politicians a lesson, I have two words for ya...Supreme Court nominees.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
Oh, by the way, if you want to bring up Scott Brown, Scott Brown had a positive message he brought to the voters, as well as qualifications to back up his bid.

Christine O'Donnell doesn't have any qualifications, has serious moral and ethical issues plaguing her, as well as her infamous statement about Blacks.

Oh, and the only message she had was that Mike Castle was the RINO antichrist.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:59 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
lelouch3071 wrote:
Blue State, Majority of voters are independents, and she was backed by people who are toxic with independents, and a bluest of the blue states. She is going nowhere, and now we have lost the chance to take control of the Senate.

If you believe in losing control of the Senate to teach those "RINO" politicians a lesson, I have two words for ya...Supreme Court nominees.


So, Independents have signed on to the Obama agenda is what you are telling me? If so, then I don't understand why Obama's popularity have tanked over the past year. I guess Democrats are leaving him.

And how many Senators can block a Supreme Court nominee again?

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 am 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
tdavisjr wrote:
lelouch3071 wrote:
Blue State, Majority of voters are independents, and she was backed by people who are toxic with independents, and a bluest of the blue states. She is going nowhere, and now we have lost the chance to take control of the Senate.

If you believe in losing control of the Senate to teach those "RINO" politicians a lesson, I have two words for ya...Supreme Court nominees.


So, Independents have signed on to the Obama agenda is what you are telling me? If so, then I don't understand why Obama's popularity have tanked over the past year. I guess Democrats are leaving him.

And how many Senators can block a Supreme Court nominee again?


You underestimate the power of the blue state culture. Sure the independents may not like Obama, or Coons. But when they are stacked up against O'Donnell they may pull the lever for coons.

What gaurentee do you have that O'Donnell will not become another Castle ? What accomplishments, besides raping the judicial system does she have ? None.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY