Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=23406
Page 2 of 3

Author:  FirstCoastTerp [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Quote:
If turning a state Red means compromising on principles, then I would rather it stay blue.
Let them stay blue until they are seeing red! Until that happens, it will be a losing battle anyway.

Author:  christopher.wilkerson [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Quote:
If turning a state Red means compromising on principles, then I would rather it stay blue.
Let them stay blue until they are seeing red! Until that happens, it will be a losing battle anyway.
Let them stay blue? So another 50 years of Progressive leadership towards a Socialist utopia is a-okay, just so long as we don't let any RINOS get elected? I don't know enough about the O'donnell/Castle race to have an opinion, but using the principle of logic, I can surmise that my principles will be better represented if the Senate is won by Republicans rather than Democrats.

Check my signature.

Author:  justgrace [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Yesterday it seemed all the conservative talk show hosts--like Rush, Hannity, and Levin--were sure Christine O'Donnell could win. They were right, surprising almost everyone. What this says to me is that there is a rising sentiment against RINO's in the Republican Party. That would be a good trend overall. We will see if she can win the more difficult race against the Democrat candidate. As some of you say, this may be extremely difficult in a very blue state. Does anyone know who her Democrat opponent is and if he has any ethics charges or other negatives we need to know about?

Sarah Palin is certainly being applauded for her endorsement! But it looks like she tends to endorse most of the women running for the Republican ticket, so that may be the case here. It is understandable why Gov. Huckabee stayed away from this one. Has he made any comments on this upset over Castle?

Author:  FirstCoastTerp [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Quote:
Let them stay blue? So another 50 years of Progressive leadership towards a Socialist utopia is a-okay, just so long as we don't let any RINOS get elected?
RINOS have been part of leading us towards socialism. Allowing RINOS to win leads to conservatism losing and Republicans getting booted out like happened in 2006 and 2008. Winning at any cost is not a long term winning strategy.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Quote:
Let them stay blue? So another 50 years of Progressive leadership towards a Socialist utopia is a-okay, just so long as we don't let any RINOS get elected?
RINOS have been part of leading us towards socialism. Allowing RINOS to win leads to conservatism losing and Republicans getting booted out like happened in 2006 and 2008. Winning at any cost is not a long term winning strategy.


Agree. We had a Republican majority in both chambers when they dropped the ball on the marriage amendment. Now look where we are at. A Republican governor was the one to grow government the most and raise taxes the most in Iowa (and we nominated him again.....can I move to Delaware?) Now look where we are going to be at because he will most likely win because our imcumbent Dem. governor is a complete failure on all fronts. Any Republican could beat him in November.

As far as the judges argument, Republicans have nominated some doozies that are an emabarassment.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

tdavisjr wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:
tdavisjr,

Not too long ago you were defending backing the candidate who could win even though they weren't the most conservative. Don't know if that has much to do with principles.


YES.

You are missing one thing though..I THINK SHE CAN WIN!

If she has the right message and given this current political climate. She has a shot. I've listen to her and she doesn't sound like a "nutty" candidate to me as she have been referred to by some Republicans.

What's your case against her? Why can't she win?


I have no case against her and hope that she can win. If I were in Delaware I would have voted for her over the RINO but she would have gotten a lot of prayers. She definately has some "issues" if you dig.

I really could care a less if a Democrat or a RINO win in the general. They are the same in my book but the RINO does more harm to the conservative movement and in two years we will lose control again because of them.

Author:  lelouch3071 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.

What good are principles if you can never acquire the power to put them in to practice because of said principles.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Quote:
Sarah Palin is certainly being applauded for her endorsement! But it looks like she tends to endorse most of the women running for the Republican ticket, so that may be the case here. It is understandable why Gov. Huckabee stayed away from this one. Has he made any comments on this upset over Castle?


I really haven't heard her mentioned too much. Palin is just showing she is good at poll watching. Wait until four days before the primary, see who is ahead, and then endorse. Opportunist and not a statesman who stands for anything.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

lelouch3071 wrote:
And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.

What good are principles if you can never acquire the power to put them in to practice because of said principles.


I totally understand what you are saying and it is a fine line to walk as a politician. Standing for something but getting elected to get that something done and then actually doing it. It's a tightrope that many fall off of but I believe Mike Huckabee walks it really well. Rubio is another great example. They are out there but they are few and O'Donnell is not one of them, unfortunately.

This is mostly the Delaware GOP's fault. Did they have to find such a liberal????

Author:  lelouch3071 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Iowans Rock wrote:
lelouch3071 wrote:
And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.

What good are principles if you can never acquire the power to put them in to practice because of said principles.


I totally understand what you are saying and it is a fine line to walk as a politician. Standing for something but getting elected to get that something done and then actually doing it. It's a tightrope that many fall off of but I believe Mike Huckabee walks it really well. Rubio is another great example. They are out there but they are few and O'Donnell is not one of them, unfortunately.

This is mostly the Delaware GOP's fault. Did they have to find such a liberal????


Why did it have to be O'Donnell ? She has serious moral and ethical issues that should have disqualified her from holding office, or get promoted in the Democrat party ? Couldn't they have found a better candidate ? I also lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Tea Party Express.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

lelouch3071 wrote:
Iowans Rock wrote:
lelouch3071 wrote:
And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.

What good are principles if you can never acquire the power to put them in to practice because of said principles.


I totally understand what you are saying and it is a fine line to walk as a politician. Standing for something but getting elected to get that something done and then actually doing it. It's a tightrope that many fall off of but I believe Mike Huckabee walks it really well. Rubio is another great example. They are out there but they are few and O'Donnell is not one of them, unfortunately.

This is mostly the Delaware GOP's fault. Did they have to find such a liberal????


Why did it have to be O'Donnell ? She has serious moral and ethical issues that should have disqualified her from holding office, or get promoted in the Democrat party ? Couldn't they have found a better candidate ? I also lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Tea Party Express.


Agreeing with you there also. A very flawed candidate indeed. And with no voting record there is no proof that her stances are actually convictions or she will cave and play politics as usually.

Author:  FirstCoastTerp [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

There has been a turnaround by the GOP leadership and they are now expressing support for her:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09 ... nfighting/

Of particular note, Mike Pence is backing her.

Author:  PrinciplesMatter [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Quote:
And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.


Most of the garbage except for the past year has been passed with Republican support.

Author:  lelouch3071 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

PrinciplesMatter wrote:
Quote:
And while we chase the pipe dream of a "pure" congress, the progressives just keep getting elected and enacting more of their agenda. Someday you guys will wake up, and wonder why America as you know it is gone forever, and it will be largely your fault.


Most of the garbage except for the past year has been passed with Republican support.


I could turn that statement around and say that most of the conservative issues that passed Congress did so with Democrat support.

This last year should have clued you all in as to how much power committee chairmanships have, which was in sight until last night.

You all sacrificed the long-term benefits for what you could get now That is foolishness, and you will soon understand why to your chagrin.

Author:  lelouch3071 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Does the name Barack Obama ring a familiar bell?

The Mohammedan Mouthpiece was a victory for projection: people saw what they wanted to see, and ignored the fraudulent hate-filled, revenge-seeking traitor behind the mask.

I'm not saying O'Donnell is anywhere near as dangerous or unprincipled as the Traitor-in-Chief.

But I have only second-hand information to judge her with. What I'm guessing is her website (http://christine2010.com/) is a one-page plea to send money. No issues, no nothin'.

We've developed some bad habits in our political lives. Knee-jerk support of candidates because we like what we imagine to be the cut of their jibs is one of them.

Author:  FirstCoastTerp [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

at one point Marco Rubio was an extreme long shot and I was told by the GOP here in Florida that I was naive and that we needed to get behind Charlie Crist to have a chance to win the general election

I'm not comparing O'Donnell to Rubio in terms of character or electability, but I'm not ready to write her or the Republican obituary for this election cycle yet; I think that is unnecessarily pessimistic

Author:  lelouch3071 [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
at one point Marco Rubio was an extreme long shot and I was told by the GOP here in Florida that I was naive and that we needed to get behind Charlie Crist to have a chance to win the general election

I'm not comparing O'Donnell to Rubio in terms of character or electability, but I'm not ready to write her or the Republican obituary for this election cycle yet


You forget, two different states, two different climates. Delaware is a blue state whom the majority is Independents who lean to the left, while Florida is a purple state, with a lot of Republicans. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Author:  voter [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

Somewhat off track -- veering toward 2012 -- I have been thinking since last night's primary election in DE.

There are some definite signs and warning shots that I believe, in the end, the GOP establishment will ultimately decipher.

Firstly, there is a clear and vocal presence, including but not limited to the Tea Party participants, of typically non-political, non-activicts, ordinary citizens rising up against incumbency, incompetence and, more importantly, establishment-oriented candidates.

Secondly, the GOP wants to win in 2010 as well as 2012. Their support of general election electable candidates such as Castle is a testamount of such desires. They will now come behind and support the primary victors since they have no choice. They will remember the 2010 primary lessons should they lose in the general election with a non-electable candidate -- namely, please the people in the first instance but support an electable candidate nonetheless.

Thirdly, the culmination of their lessons learned will perhaps lead them down a somewhat different path in 2012. Palin is unelectable (in my opinion, so is Gingrich); Romney is establishment, without even factoring in the health care issues. Daniels, Thune, et al are no name candidates in the face of four national figures. Huckabee draws on the populist movement, grabs the core support of social conservatives, supports fiscally conservative policies, continuously receives the best net favorable ratings (at least equal to Romney or better), performs the best against Obama in a hypothetical general election (at least equal to Romney or better), possesses strong executive experience, offers simple and communicable solutions, maintains a huge likeability factor and is an eloquent debater and communicator - in short, he appeals to the GOP's core social conservative base, is aligned with many Tea Party enthusiists, and can prevail in the primary and the general elections alike .

So, the sum of one, two and three above may very well equal the GOP establishment choice for 2012: Please the people in the first instance but support an electable candidate nonetheless.

We shall see.

Author:  maryrae [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

A friend just forwarded me this email she received, showing another possible reason for the O'Donnell win:

Quote:
We did it! Last night the most anti-gun Republican in Congress -- Mike Castle (RINO - DE) -- was defeated!

I'm very proud to say that the National Association for Gun Rights PAC sent tens of thousands of postcards and e-mails exposing Mike Castle's anti-gun record and urging Delaware Republicans to vote against anti-gun activist Castle.

Castle's defeat is a very clear sign that voters are fed up with the anti-gun policies of the liberals in Congress.

Why is this such a big deal?

It's simple: Mike Castle made a career of supporting gun control in the House of Representatives, and he wanted to take his anti-gun voting record to the U.S. Senate.

Whether it’s working to re-authorize the Bill Clinton Gun Ban – which banned an entire class of semi-automatic hunting and sporting rifles from citizen ownership – to conspiring with Sarah Brady in another power-play to strip gun owners of their rights, or hob-nobbing at Democrat White House receptions with the freedom-hating media and left-wing elite, Mike Castle has made a career of supporting gun control.

To make matters worse, he’s did all this this as a “Republican.”

But last night, the voters of Delaware gave Castle and his anti-gun agenda the pink slip.

They say a wounded animal is most dangerous when it's backed into a corner, and it's pretty clear we've backed the anti-gunners into a corner. Right now they're at their most dangerous.

They're going to cut deals, backstab and do whatever it takes to push their radical agenda at the ballot box and in the halls of Congress.

Gun rights activist like you and me must re-double our legislative and electoral efforts in the the coming months and weeks.

For liberty,


Dudley Brown
PAC Director
National Association for Gun Rights PAC

Author:  Southern Doc [ Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christine O'Donnell Wins Del. GOP Senate primary

O'Donnell is a leading indicator of just how anti-incumbent the electorate is this cycle. She may still prevail in the general. She certainly did not earn the vote of trust the electorate has placed in her hands. Frankly, Castle did not deserve the beating he received either. He has never run as anything other than a moderate Republican and has faithfully delivered to the people of DE that kind of leadership. The fact that others nationally don't think of that as "leadership" and used their microphones and money to influence the electorate of DE to "throw the bum out," means literally thousands of folks who had always voted for Mike Castle the moderate punished him because he voted that way. Well...the people rule.

In this case they have chosen a woman who is saying what they want to hear with little evidence of character over the man who did what they asked him to do and now regret.

One principle of "conservatism" that I wish was more widespread is the idea that it is unwise to simply reject what you do not like or believe is broken until have have a reasonable belief that the alternative will be better.

That is true of Rubio. It is true of Huckabee.

I do not think it was true in this case.

Let us hope that Ms. O'Donnell proves a blessing and not a curse.

The good news in this is that the election has clearly become nationalized which bodes well for the House. The bad news is the Senate now seems far les in play so an Obama Supreme Court pick to maintain or expand abortion is more likely.

The best hope is that the "wave" will carry the Senate regardless.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/