Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
As Gov. Huckabee said on his show, Christine O'Donnell will need to get the focus off of all the criticisms of her past that could ruin her chances of winning the Senate seat in Delaware and put the spotlight on why Coons must be defeated.

I went to her website and to the Family Research Council website to try to see what it is about this woman that caused conservatives to back her. It must not all be bad. It was quite interesting to realize that she was already quite a media star in her own right.

From the (Wilmington) Examiner:

Quote:
http://www.examiner.com/elections-2010- ... r-senate-r
A comprehensive voter's guide to Christine O'Donnell! In an effort to remain objective to all candidates, most of this information will be posted directly off of Christine O'Donnell for Senate. Each candidate will be given the same luxury. Christine O'Donnell is a registered Republican.

According to her website, "Christine O’Donnell is a nationally recognized political commentator and marketing consultant. She appears weekly, sometimes daily, on national news outlets such as the Fox News Channel, CNN, C-SPAN, MSNBC and ABC, including major ratings hits like “The O’Reilly Factor,” “Hannity & Colmes,” “The Glenn Beck Show,” “Hardball with Chris Matthews” and “Entertainment Tonight.” Christine is also a frequent radio talk show guest-host on WGMD in Rehoboth Beach and WDEL in Wilmington, DE.

As part of a delegation of journalists, Christine toured the middle-eastern country of Jordan as a guest of the Royal Jordanian government. Having witnessed firsthand the oppression in the Middle East, Christine describes this journey as truly a life changing experience and says it deepened her commitment to the women’s movement.

An effective communicator, Christine is known for her skill in winning over even those who disagree with her most. Liberal Bill Maher stated, “I don’t know how many times you’ve been here but it’s always a good show when you’re on.” Even Democratic strategist James Carville was forced to admit of Christine O’Donnell “Now, this is one hip woman,” on CNN’s “Crossfire.”

During her 20-year career, Christine has served as a social advocate in Washington, D.C., participating in regular White House and Capitol Hill strategy meetings and leading delegations to the United Nations to lobby on behalf of pro-family global policies. She’s successfully debated Cabinet members, lawmakers and international leaders. In the early 1990’s Christine worked for the Republican National Committee (under then Chairman Haley Barbour) helping to develop the marketing strategy credited with having had a key role in the historic ’94 Republican Congressional sweep."

"Christine has served as a marketing and media consultant to various clients, including: Mel Gibson; Natalia Tsarkova, the Vatican’s first female portrait painter; and non-profit organizations such as the World Education and Development Fund, a charity that provides scholarships to children in poor communities throughout Latin America. After attending Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, NJ, Christine was awarded a 2002 Abraham Lincoln Graduate Fellowship in Constitutional Government from the Claremont Institute in Claremont, CA. She resides in Wilmington, DE. Christine O’Donnell is a member of the Delaware Press Association and served on the Board of Directors for Birthright of Delaware until May 2008."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

Why did the FRC (Family Research Center)--the same organization that sponsors the Values Voter Summit--endorse Christine O'Donnell if her past is truly as riddled with lies and corruption as the mainstream news media is painting? I had to ask myself this question. Here is the FRC endorsement, made first back in July of 2010.

Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Family Research Council Action PAC is endorsing Christine O'Donnell from the state of Delaware for the Senate seat vacated by Vice President Joe Biden.

Also running in the primary to be held on September 14 is one of the most pro-abortion members of Congress ever to serve, Mike Castle, the key sponsor of a destructive embryonic stem cell research bill favoring the use of human embryos for experimentation. Congressman Castle has a 75 percent positive rating from the largest pro-abortion organization in the world, Planned Parenthood. He has a zero percent rating in FRC Action's annual scorecard.

"The Republican establishment might think they are backing a winner in Mike Castle, but they are only backing another Arlen Specter or Charlie Crist," said Tony Perkins, Chairman of the Family Research Council Action PAC. "We are proud of Christine O'Donnell for stepping into the race and challenging the candidate who has stood against life and the family consistently in his career on Capitol Hill. We will support her courageous effort every step of the way," concluded Perkins.

http://www.examiner.com/elections-2010-in-wilmington/frc-action-pac-endorses-christine-o-donnell-for-senate-r

Long before the Sarah Palin shout-outs and tea party dollars, social conservatives were in Christine O'Donnell's corner, and at this weekend's Values Voter Summit, O'Donnell was back on their turf.

"It's such a delight to be among so many lifelong friends," O'Donnell, a marketing consultant, said as she opened her summit speech. The address marked her first public appearance since winning Delaware's Republican Senate primary Sept. 14, an appearance that now carries even more weight as O'Donnell shuns the national media.

O'Donnell, raised as a Roman Catholic, has spent much of her life promoting chastity and religious righteousness and has been striving in recent years to bring that message to Washington. This year marks her third bid for Delaware's Senate seat.

Her campaign exploded this month when the Tea Party Express, Palin, South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and other high-profile figures endorsed her underdog campaign against longtime Rep. Mike Castle. But Family Research Council chairman Tony Perkins, whose organization sponsored this weekend's Values Voter Summit, boasts that Palin, DeMint, and O'Donnell's other big-name supporters were simply following Perkins' lead.

"I think we were the first national group to come out and endorse her," Perkins told The Upshot. "After we came in, then they came in afterward. And of course, the rest is history."

Perkins said O'Donnell attended last year's Values Voter Summit to reach out to his group's political action committee about her campaign for the seat vacated by Vice President Joe Biden.

Perkins concedes that initially he was mainly concerned with ousting Castle, an establishment figure and a moderate, than boosting O'Donnell. But now, O'Donnell is a national figure and quickly became the talk of this year's Values Voter Summit. From the stage, DeMint, and numerous other speakers touted her win as evidence of social conservative and tea party strength.

"By now you've heard the big news out of Delaware" master of ceremonies Gil Mertz said to wide applause and cheers as he opened the three-day summit Friday morning.

O'Donnell, in her speech, fired up the crowd by noting Washington and the media's underestimation of "values movement" voters. She said of the "small elite" running the country: "They call us wacky. They call us wingnuts. We call us: we the people."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

And finally, from Democrat Chris Coons own website, here is evidence that he has a very extreme anti-life, pro-abortion view. We do need to support his defeat on the pro-life issue above all. Chris Coons also supports government health care and funding for all abortions.

Quote:
On the Issues
Reproductive Rights
[Democrat Opponent Chris Coons]

http://www.chriscoons.com/issues/reproductive_rights/

Chris, a father of three, understands how tough a decision it can be to decide when to start a family, and recognizes how personal of an issue it is for women and their families. There are many passionate people on both sides of the debate, who see it as a moral and religious decision.

Chris believes that decisions about a woman’s health, including issues surrounding pregnancy, should be left to her and her doctor. Abortion should remain safe, legal, and rare for women regardless of their financial means. He supports Roe v. Wade and supports restoring the original rights expressed in the decision before legislation and courts began eroding them.

There are also many policies at federal, state, and local levels that affect a woman’s right to choose and we must continue fighting on behalf of reproductive rights. Chris supports public funding of all reproductive health services for women who depend on the federal government for their health care. Chris opposes proposals such as the Child Custody Protection Act; gag rules that prohibit health-care professionals from counseling patients; and bans on safe procedures that protect the life and health of the mother.

Health care begins with strong pre-natal care and available family planning services for all women. Chris strongly supports efforts through the recent health care reform legislation and through Medicaid and other federal programs to ensure that women have access to vital tools, including medical services and access to nutritious food options, which will give babies a head start in life. He supports family-planning services and believes that health insurance plans that cover prescription drugs should cover prescription contraception equally.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
I believe you have the wrong idea. Nobody here said Coons was better. We just said that O'Donnell was the wrong candidate for the seat. You did nothing to address the character flaws she had, like for instance filing a fraudulent gender discrimination lawsuit against several of the conservative outfits she was working with at the time. And demanding millions in reperations.

Or how about that she potentially violated ethics laws by living on campaign donations from 2006 and 2008 ?

What about her lack of qualifications for the seat ? What you described to me was the same resume that Obama had, being a "social advocate".

Face it, the Delaware contest is between an empty suit with character flaws and a straight out Communist. In this case, its a pick your poison, hoping that one of them isn't potent enough to kill you. No amount of wishing isn't going to make it any better.

Thank God I live in Missouri.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
Just think about it. Why is the media so concerned that a Republican is down by 11 points in a senate seat currently occupied by a Democrat? Why is there a campaign to destroy her? Usually, they are all for Republicans losing elections; but they seem so concerned about O'Donnell and is giving Coons ( the clear front runner) a free pass. Usually the front runner's get more scrutiny; but not in this case. Why?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 pm 
Major General

tdavisjr wrote:
Just think about it. Why is the media so concerned that a Republican is down by 11 points in a senate seat currently occupied by a Democrat? Why is there a campaign to destroy her? Usually, they are all for Republicans losing elections; but they seem so concerned about O'Donnell and is giving Coons ( the clear front runner) a free pass. Usually the front runner's get more scrutiny; but not in this case. Why?

Because they smell blood in the water. An apt description would be that the media are like sharks.

If O'Donnell had...I don't know...an actual record, much of this would be a non-issue.

The moral of the story would be that we can't enthusiastically support everybody who comes out of the woodwork and says they are a conservative.

There is something called vetting, try it sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:09 am 
***** General

Liked: 4
lelouch3071 wrote:
Because they smell blood in the water. An apt description would be that the media are like sharks.

Over a Democratic seat? I could understand if this was a red state; but Delaware? Hardly anyone in the country cares about Delaware.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:19 am 
Major General

tdavisjr wrote:
lelouch3071 wrote:

Over a Democratic seat? I could understand if this was a red state; but Delaware? Hardly anyone in the country cares about Delaware.

That would be true, if it wasn't for the fact that if we won that seat, a high probability exists that we could have taken over the Senate. Alas, that is now but a dream.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 am 
Site Admin

lelouch3071 wrote:
I believe you have the wrong idea. Nobody here said Coons was better. We just said that O'Donnell was the wrong candidate for the seat. You did nothing to address the character flaws she had, like for instance filing a fraudulent gender discrimination lawsuit against several of the conservative outfits she was working with at the time. And demanding millions in reperations.

Or how about that she potentially violated ethics laws by living on campaign donations from 2006 and 2008 ?

What about her lack of qualifications for the seat ? What you described to me was the same resume that Obama had, being a "social advocate".

Face it, the Delaware contest is between an empty suit with character flaws and a straight out Communist. In this case, its a pick your poison, hoping that one of them isn't potent enough to kill you. No amount of wishing isn't going to make it any better.

Thank God I live in Missouri.

Actually, I am not arguing for or against you, lelouch. Your points are well-taken.

Christine O'Donnell is quite possibly not the best candidate who could have run as a conservative against Castle or Coons. Yet, it is obvious that many of the Tea Party conservatives as well as the FRC, Palin, Romney, and DeMint have endorsed her, and although I do not always agree with them it seems odd that they would overlook serious character flaws and support her so strongly. Therefore, I want to withhold judgment on many of these accusations made by her Democrat opponents and the liberal mainstream news media. It seems to me wise to withhold too much judgment, for just as we know there was another side of the story with Huckabee regarding the so-called pardons that gained so much media attention during his race, there may be legitimate reasons for O'Donnell's decisions and actions. It is sure that the Democrats will use every ugly rumor or problem of her past to make great political hay. I just don't want to make it too easy for them to discredit her and the Tea Party. On the other hand, I could wish she were spotless in her past. (None of us is, though.)

I started this thread mainly to give us all a little background information on the three candidates (Castle has been defeated and is out) and so we have some understanding of the dynamics of this important race. I cannot, unfortunately, address O'Donnell's character flaws because I do not know her personally, and in a heated race like this, many of the accusations that come from political opponents are very biased. You might say I do not have a good feeling about several things, but that is all I can say at this point. Yet all of her positions, I must say, are my own, politically. I just hope and pray she is not a fraud, like some of the other recent examples in both parties.

In following vertical politics, we try to abide by the Golden Rule to treat others as we would like to be treated. And for me, that means withholding judgment on Christine O'Donnell's character while trying to "put the best construction on everything," as my catechism instructed. :wink: There is no way, though, that I could have voted in conscience for either Castle or Coons, based on their philosophies towards abortion and big federal government.

Like you say, I am glad I am from [Kansas]. But I pray Coons will be defeated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:55 am 
Major General

Quote:
On the other hand, I could wish she were spotless in her past.

I wish she had a past we could judge her with. Alas, we are only left with her character, which leaves a lot to be desired.

I used to remember the days when character mattered, after all, that is what drew me to Huckabee in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Justgrace - Thanks for the info and the "rest of the story". Time will tell with what has been slung out there so far whether it is all completely true or not. I wish we had someone on here from Delaware who could give us some local opinion. As I know from being from Iowa, often times the opinions of people from all over the country and the media are not accurate or the same as that of the locals who actually know the real story. We should all be cautious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 am 
Site Admin

lelouch3071 wrote:
Quote:
On the other hand, I could wish she were spotless in her past.

I wish she had a past we could judge her with. Alas, we are only left with her character, which leaves a lot to be desired.

I used to remember the days when character mattered, after all, that is what drew me to Huckabee in the first place.

Yes, character matters very much. Also, I would generally think the Republican Party would look at someone with a political record for such an important office as a Senate seat. It appears to me that O'Donnell arose from the ranks of the Tea Party speeches. I don't know that much about how and why she arose in Delaware politics at this point in time. Maybe others of you can answer that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:09 am 
Site Admin

IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Justgrace - Thanks for the info and the "rest of the story". Time will tell with what has been slung out there so far whether it is all completely true or not. I wish we had someone on here from Delaware who could give us some local opinion. As I know from being from Iowa, often times the opinions of people from all over the country and the media are not accurate or the same as that of the locals who actually know the real story. We should all be cautious.

You are welcome. Since I knew so little about this race, yet knowing how important it will be to our country as a whole, I believe we need to search for the truth, realizing there will be a lot of exaggeration and even lies based on half-truths out there. Half truths are still lies.

As you put it so well, IowaforHuckabee, often times the locals know much better what the real story is than the national news sources. And I agree we need to practice caution, because too often I've had friends run for office and read things about them in the newspapers that make me wonder who in the world the newsmakers are talking about. Distortion is, unfortunately, the mode of the day among the news media. As you say, time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 am 
Site Admin

In visiting numerous websites of those throwing the most aspersions on Christine O'Donnell's character, I find some interesting (rather dark and amoral) groups among her most heated enemies. They would be the opposite of the Values Voters, so it is fairly easy to see why they would discredit her. They see masturbation, pornography, and homosexual marriage as high values to be esteemed. There is no shame in advocating what were once considered by almost all Americans things that were to be kept quiet, not endorsed and practiced openly, with pride. Based only upon her advocacy of chastity, they will attack her as being homophobic or whatever.

Bill Maher will be the spokesman of this side of the attacks, I think, the front man of the attack on Christine O'Donnell for not being "politically correct." Let's face it, in this year of social battle over "gay marriage" in California and Iowa, this is the chosen battleground. We need to pray for Christine O'Donnell, no matter how disappointed we might be that she is not as strong a candidate as we would like.

The other group of personal attacks on O'Donnell seem to be based on financial mismanagement. These things may not involve any real scandal, only unwise or unfortunate occurrences. However, the same group of socialists will want her discredited and removed. They desperately want their man, Chris Coons, to win.

Is it wrong to sue for sexual harassment in the workplace? No, it is not wrong, but the amount of damages O'Donnell sought may seem excessive and greedy. Did she live on her campaign funds? Well, it sounds like from her campaign bio that she was making a fair income from her talk shows, media work, etc. And the campaign funds are being used now.

My plea is only to keep things in perspective and try not to judge without all the facts. It is also necessary for us to realize that a greater battle is taking place--a spiritual one against morality and goodness, and a fundamental battle for liberty and this country. We are at the most critical of crossroads. We may not like the choice of candidates being so disappointing and the waters being so muddied, but this is where we are.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
Another "framework" question to ask is "who is the Delaware voter?"

Delaware last voted Republican in a Presidential election in 1988 (Bush I)

Democratic voter registration in the state is +22% making it one of the ten most Democratic states. (by comparison on the other side Wyoming is +22% and Utah +21% Republican).

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
C'mon, Sothern Doc, let's not let facts get in the way of a good story. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
There are definitely some questions that O'Donnel needs to answer, but I think there is a lot more going on here. Before the primary I can understand that there are those within the Republican Party making the argument that they thought Castle was a better candidate to win that seat. I disagree with that, and I take the Demint stance that it is better to lose a principled battle then give it from the very beginning and vote for someone you strongly disagree with just because you think they have a better chance to win. But still I do understand why they would make the argument prior to the primary.

But why do you have Rove, and even some other establishment Republicans being so down on her after the primary? I mean at this point it is either going to be a conservative Republican that they believe is flawed or a Democrat who is very flawed. Why do they seem intent on running her down? It appears that they actually want her to lose.

And that is the point. They do want her to lose. Not because of any issues that have to do with her. Establishment Republicans have been trying to constantly make the case throughout the primary season that we should vote for the establishment Republican because he has a better chance to win. Despite their revisionist history now, they said this vociferously about Marco Rubio, Sharon Angle, and Rand Paul. I think they also said it of Ken Buck and some others. But once they started surging in the polls that argument was dead. But then in Delaware they go all in to make this argument on behalf of Mike Castle. But why? Is it because as they said that they simply had problems with her? No, that is not why they did it.

Here is the real reason they are so negative on O'Donnel after the primary and trying to run her down so she'll lose. If O'Donnel wins then never again will they be able to make the argument that you should vote for the Establishment Candidate because the outsider can't win. If a Christine O'Donnel can win in a state like Delaware then the Establishment is done for. Make no mistake that they know there are other Establishment Candidates who could face primary challenges in 2012, 2014, and 2016. If the grass roots starts to believe they can win any seat with any upstart candidate then they will abandon all caution and no amount of establishment rhetoric can stop them. Delaware is the Establishment Republican's Waterloo. If Christine O'Donnel wins there then they are done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:19 am 
Site Admin

As noted earlier on this post, my hunch that comedian Bill Maher will be at the forefront of an attack on Christine O'Donnell appears to be accurate.

Whether a comedian can wield as much power as he claims or not remains to be seen. But Maher is now taking credit for O'Donnell's cancellation of her television appearances this past Sunday.

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/427060_tvgif20.html
Quote:
Delaware's Republican senatorial candidate, Christine O'Donnell, canceled two TV appearances over the weekend after clips of her discussing a past brush with witchcraft on Politically Incorrect turned up on YouTube — and on Bill Maher's new show.

The atheist-libertarian kicked off the new season of his HBO political talk/comedy show Real Time by noting that she had been a guest 22 times on Politically Incorrect.

The Tea Party-backed, Sarah Palin-endorsed GOP hopeful backed out of Sunday appearances on Fox News Sunday and CBS' Face the Nation. Her campaign cited scheduling conflicts, The New York Times reported.

On Real Time, Maher said he would show an old clip every week until O'Donnell agrees to appear on his show. "It's like a hostage crisis," he cracked. "Every week you don't show up, I'm going to throw a body out."

In a 1999 clip, O'Donnell said she had "dabbled into witchcraft."

Maher called O'Donnell "an unemployed, anti-masturbation activist ... and a close friend of mine." He expressed affection for O'Donnell while also saying, "I created her."

Bob Schieffer of CBS noted that the timing of the cancellation coincided with the Real Time segment on her "witchcraft" comment, and broadcast her remark about going on a date at a satanic altar.

Chris Wallace of Fox said he got two different explanations for her cancellation.

A campaign spokesman initially said O'Donnell was opting out because she was "exhausted." Then, O'Donnell called Wallace to say, "I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic. I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters."

The three main charges against O'Donnell come from Maher. A lesson here for conservative candidates might be to avoid exposing one's sins of youth, especially on a show like Bill Maher's Politically Correct. If Democrats can keep the focus on witchcraft, sexual temptations, and whether consulting counts as employment they hope Americans will not worry about the more important issues at stake. Those are the truly critical issues like America's spiritual crisis, our moral and family breakdown, and the fact that the Democrats in power have created a real unemployment crisis.

These overblown and frivolous accusations against O'Donnell, Democrats hope, will keep Americans from tackling the truly important issues brought on by the far-left's agenda to destroy America's free-enterprise system, our health care system, and the economy.

So much is at stake in this year's elections, as Gov. Huckabee has stated over and over. As several of you have noted, if conservatives cannot gain control of the Senate, President Obama's ability to stack the Supreme Court with extreme liberals will invite true tyranny and loss of our Constitutional protections for years to come.

If you believe in prayer, now is the time to get down on your knees and pray for America, and then rise up to fight for freedom and your children's future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:19 am 
Major General

Quote:
The three main charges against O'Donnell come from Maher.

No they don't. The three main charges against O'Donnell, is that she has no qualifications with which she can hold office, her ethics and character are questionable, and that she can't win in a blue, blue state like Delaware, costing us the takeover of the Senate.

Quote:
...and whether consulting counts as employment,

Employment in which she has been bouncing around for quite some time, before living on campaign donations the last 6 years.

Quote:
These overblown and frivolous accusations against O'Donnell, Democrats hope, will keep Americans from tackling the truly important issues brought on by the far-left's agenda to destroy America's free-enterprise system, our health care system, and the economy.

As I thought, qualifications and character no matter belong with conservatives. Mike Huckabee is the one most hit with this news. His 10 years experience as Governor, nothing but a noose around his neck now.

Quote:
if conservatives cannot gain control of the Senate, President Obama's ability to stack the Supreme Court with extreme liberals will invite true tyranny and loss of our Constitutional protections for years to come.

We could have gained control of the Senate with Castle. But no, the Tea-Party needed to make an example out of Castle, nevermind that we had a legitimate shot at the Delaware seat before then.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 am 
Site Admin

lelouch3071 wrote:
Quote:
The three main charges against O'Donnell come from Maher.

No they don't. The three main charges against O'Donnell, is that she has no qualifications with which she can hold office, her ethics and character are questionable, and that she can't win in a blue, blue state like Delaware, costing us the takeover of the Senate.

By "charges," I mean personal accusations against O'Donnell. The three things you mention might be called qualifications, which people may debate for practical purposes of strategies in winning an election. You will notice that the attacks by the Democrats are not focused on her experience or ability to win, things which Republicans are tussling over. The left thinks they can bring her down by digging up personal dirt. Notice how they avoid debating on the issues of government.

A different candidate may have been better, but I doubt if even the most qualified or cleanest conservative would have been left alone by the left. The stakes over balance in the Senate are too high for both sides. You can be sure the dirt-digging would be fast and furious right now for a different candidate, too.

O'Donnell had the right under law to run for office, and the people of Delaware had the right to elect her. When we criticize her for inexperience or not being able to win in a blue state, we must realize that it also takes guts for any Republican conservative to run in that state. She was apparently the only true conservative willing to step up. The people then had every right to deny Castle a term in the Senate because they did not want him voting for Obama's economic plan or for abortion funding and government health care. Many in the Tea Party movement, apparently, elevated Christine and gave her status. They heard her speak and liked her spirit and words. Also, she was endorsed by Palin, Romney, and DeMint, so she was not merely aggrandizing herself in thinking a win was possible.

Arguments about qualifications would have been appropriate before the election, but now that the people of Delaware have spoken, it is time to put the hand-wringing aside. We can do nothing about the "what-ifs" now, in this race. Yes, we can learn things about the future. But it is also quite remarkable that so many of the citizens of Delaware have voted for the type of change O'Donnell and the Tea Party represent. As Rubio, Angle, and Rand Paul are proving, the Republican establishment is getting a wake-up call. Americans are fed-up with politicians who do not care about or listen to the people.

Yes, I personally wish that O'Donnell were more qualified and had no accusations against her. But hey, look what the experienced and established Washington D.C. fixture, Charlie Rangle, has been able to wrangle from office all these years. And we can wonder where the brave conservatives are to challenge him? As Huckabee says, it's time to bring an end to the careers of politicians who do not work for the people. O'Donnell, for all her faults, has been courageous and is daring to take on D.C. She and we need to focus now on defeating Chris Coons in the general election.