Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Watching her debate on CNN. Very interesting. I have to say, the more I hear her, the more impressed I am. I hate it when a moderator of a debate argues with the candidate instead of being fair, though.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Watching her debate on CNN. Very interesting. I have to say, the more I hear her, the more impressed I am. I hate it when a moderator of a debate argues with the candidate instead of being fair, though.

The O'Donnell campaign is fighting back against the Coons campaign with some interesting strategies. This could be one of the best campaign focuses now, for her to run against tax hikes. With the Delaware winner being seated immediately in the Senate during the lame duck session, another conservative senator is needed.

This is from a letter her campaign sent...
Quote:

Dear [recipient],

Our opponent thinks his campaign is Saturday Night Live.

Last Thursday, he brought former SNL writer Al Franken, aka Senator Stuart Smalley, to Delaware so they could hit the campaign trail together. It looks as if they wrote some jokes together because in his new TV ad, our opponent says that he will bring “new responsible leadership to Washington.” Even fellow NBC employees Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann are in on the joke, they love our opponent.

As heard on Rush Limbaugh, we’ve introduced our own show called The TaxMan. You can view the debut episode at http://www.CoonstheTaxMan.com. Unfortunately, it’s a drama for businesses and working families across Delaware.

You should see all the things that our opponent has taxed while he’s been a politician. He loves taxing so much that he petitioned the State Legislature of Delaware to give him more taxing authority.

No, that’s not a joke. He actually went to Dover and asked legislators for more permission to levy taxes and fees. Our opponent likes to tax so much, some have even called him the TaxMan.

That’s why we’ve come out with a new website called http://www.CoonstheTaxMan.com. And make no mistake, he will vote for the $1 Trillion tax increase that the Democrats in the Senate are so desperate to pass.

When elected, Christine will be immediately seated in the U.S. Senate. Christine will be the only newly elected Republican that can stop the Democrats $1 Trillion tax increase.

Check out the website and video at http://www.CoonstheTaxMan.com for all the things that our opponent has tried to tax. It’s no laughing matter.

Victory is Near,

TEAM CHRISTINE

-------------------------------------------

Also, an email from Media Research Center focuses on tax hikes that will come in January, if voters cannot stop the Democrat majority this fall:

Quote:
MEDIA RESEARCH CENTER
10/12/2010
http://www.mrcaction.org/560/petition.asp?Ref_ID=4070&CID=560&RID=15533912

Dear [recipient],
Strap yourself in because a tsunami of tax hikes is coming on January 1, 2011.[b] If the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire, millions of Americans will be on the receiving end of the biggest tax increase in American history.

To hear the "news" media tell it, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama are trying to cut middle class taxes but conservatives won't let them! Once again, the media are deliberately misleading the American people, this time to ensure a massive tax hike on the very people we need to create the jobs that our nation continues to lose.[/b]

The Media Research Center's Business and Media Institute (BMI) painstakingly studied the media's coverage of the tax issue, and the results are astounding. Read BMI's Special Report exposing the liberal media's bias in reporting the coming massive tax hikes.

While there is bipartisan support in both houses of Congress not to raise taxes on anyone during a recession. House Speaker Pelosi went home to campaign, refusing to even debate the issue of the massive tax hike scheduled to go into effect. This should surprise no one, as this was also the first Congress to not bother to pass a budget since the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. If a Republican-led Congress had been so irresponsible, the liberal media would have been outraged. But with liberals running Congress, the media are instead distorting the debate and attacking the minority party.

The truth they're hiding is that, in January, the marriage penalty will return, the child tax credit is being cut in half, the death tax is back, capital gains tax and dividend tax rates are set to jump. All of these increases are in addition to income tax hikes, with a 50% increase on the lowest tax bracket.

Instead, the media are talking about tax cuts!!

Our analysts monitored MSNBC, CNN and Fox News Channel and discovered 27 of the prime-time news programs framed the debate around tax cuts, compared to just two that spoke in terms of tax increases.
+ + Liberal Media to Americans: "Tax Cuts are a 'cost'"

When Obama swept into office, the liberal media hailed him as a tax cutter. We now know this to be patently false. However the media refuse to budge on their talking points. They erroneously suggest that tax cuts are a "cost" that must be paid for-- an argument that assumes all money belongs to the government, rather than to the American people.

David

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:41 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I haven't weighed in on this lately, but just to catch up I'll give my thoughts on this race.

First of all I couldn't believe the O'Donnell campaign ran the first ad that they did. As many have said, "When you've got to start out your major ad blitz stating, 'I am not a witch!'; then that is not good news." When I first saw the ad I said to myself, "What was the campaign thinking?" You never start with answering a negative, and why in the world would you put her in a dark background saying something about not being a witch? You guys know I'm an O'Donnell fan, but I laughed my butt off on that Saturday night live skit. I understand some of the subsequent ads have been better, but still it's stuff like this that convinces me that most of those who are paid political advisors are not very gifted.

I did just see a Rasmussen poll where it showed Coons up by 11. If O'Donnell can keep the focus on Coons and Obama then she's got a chance. I think any Republican that is within 5 points in major polls has a shot this year because I believe the turnout is going to be higher among conservatives than what these polls are projecting. If she can show that she is closing the gap to around 7 to 8 points then this race could get interesting, and a lot of money could get put into advertising in the closing days. The thing is time is short, and she'll need to show this closing within the next 7 to 10 days.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:41 am 
Site Admin

WalterCan wrote:
I haven't weighed in on this lately, but just to catch up I'll give my thoughts on this race.

First of all I couldn't believe the O'Donnell campaign ran the first ad that they did. As many have said, "When you've got to start out your major ad blitz stating, 'I am not a witch!'; then that is not good news." When I first saw the ad I said to myself, "What was the campaign thinking?" You never start with answering a negative, and why in the world would you put her in a dark background saying something about not being a witch? You guys know I'm an O'Donnell fan, but I laughed my butt off on that Saturday night live skit. I understand some of the subsequent ads have been better, but still it's stuff like this that convinces me that most of those who are paid political advisors are not very gifted.

I did just see a Rasmussen poll where it showed Coons up by 11. If O'Donnell can keep the focus on Coons and Obama then she's got a chance. I think any Republican that is within 5 points in major polls has a shot this year because I believe the turnout is going to be higher among conservatives than what these polls are projecting. If she can show that she is closing the gap to around 7 to 8 points then this race could get interesting, and a lot of money could get put into advertising in the closing days. The thing is time is short, and she'll need to show this closing within the next 7 to 10 days.

Some were griping that O'Donnell needed campaign strategists, but apparently this "no witch" ad was the ad they came up with. She did not even look comfortable or natural with it. If there had been some humor, not just such a solemn pronouncement, it might have worked to show how crazy the charges were.

The attack against Coons as TaxMan may actually work better. But the best ad might just be clips of her speeches to Tea Party crowds, where she is speaking from her heart. Whatever she does, she will need to show reasons that she can be identified with the statement, "I am you," and not "I am not a witch." This was too strange.

WalterCan, I agree with your comments. If she can close the race a little more in the next two weeks it is possible Christine could win due to voter turnout. I may go to her website and contribute in order to help keep Coons from the Senate, and hoping the next O'Donnell ads will be better.

One can surely say, though, that this race has the attention of the nation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:20 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
I for one am glad that O'Donnell won the nomination, even if she loses. I'd rather have Coons win than Castle win. The last thing we need are Republicans siding with liberals. Castle might have even switched parties later on when it was convenient. We don't want Obama having the cover to say that he has bi-partisan support.

I could care less about a Republican majority in the Senate. It's meaningless. I want a conservative majority.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
EricB wrote:
I for one am glad that O'Donnell won the nomination, even if she loses. I'd rather have Coons win than Castle win. The last thing we need are Republicans siding with liberals. Castle might have even switched parties later on when it was convenient. We don't want Obama having the cover to say that he has bi-partisan support.

I could care less about a Republican majority in the Senate. It's meaningless. I want a conservative majority.

I think we all want a conservative majority, but having control of the committee chairs and keeping bad legislation from ever reaching the Senate floor isn't a bad place to start. Pick up a few more seats in 2012 and you won't have to worry about what someone like Castle does. And I'd still rather have someone voting with me 50% of the time than 0% of the time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 am 
Site Admin

While there are times Ann Coulter really frustrates me (as in thinking Huckabee is a "liberal,") I found this article interesting pertaining to the recent O'Donnell/Coons debate.

Quote:
Chris Coons Lied, Granny Died
by Ann Coulter
10/20/2010
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=39514
... In last week's CNN debate in the Delaware Senate race between the astonishingly well-spoken Christine O'Donnell and the unfortunate-looking Chris Coons, O'Donnell had to put up with it from Coons for 90 minutes.
O'Donnell wiped the floor with Coons, moderators Wolf Blitzer and Nancy Karibjanian, and the idiotic University of Delaware students asking questions -- all of whom were against her.

... They asked about abortion "in the case of rape or incest," "don't ask, don't tell," doing something about "our carbon footprint," and the kook-minister who was going to burn Korans, because ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE, I TELL YOU!)

Sounds like the same trick they played on Huckabee during debates.

Quote:
O'Donnell's responses couldn't have been better if Thomas Sowell were whispering them in her ear. But after every well-thought-out answer she gave, Coons would act as if O'Donnell were speaking in tongues and make a dismissive remark to the moderators: "If you can reconcile all those comments, you're an even more talented reporter than I think you are, Nancy."
O'Donnell managed to simply answer the questions without wasting everyone's time with snippy asides about Coons' replies.
Then Coons would say something incomprehensible, false or insane -- such as his conspiracy theory about the Australians uniting with the Chinese against America.

Yes, Australia, America's most loyal ally.

After O'Donnell described the China problem with absolute precision -- the Chinese hold so much of our debt, we can't hold them accountable in their dealings with Iran or North Korea -- Coons smirkingly replied: "It's hard for me to respond effectively, Wolf, to all the different issues that my opponent has raised in previous statements, and I'll just let that stand."
Then he launched his Chinese-Australian conspiracy theory!

Coons said: "The Australian navy engaged in joint exercises with the Chinese and specifically excluded us recently. A dramatic shift in the Australian policy."

Somehow, The New York Times had missed the national security implications of Australia's engaging in naval exercises with China! ...

Weirdly, though, considering Australia is snubbing the U.S. and sidling up to China, the Australian navy also recently staged a dramatic re-enactment of Gen. Douglas MacArthur's Incheon landing during the Korean War, which saved Australian troops from annihilation.

It's strange that the Australians would honor America -- or as the North Koreans put it, try to impress "U.S. sycophants and lackeys" -- just as they're distancing themselves from us. Maybe that's why no one else in the developed world is worried about Australia's joint naval exercises with China.
In contrast to O'Donnell's manifestly true point that "China could take us over monetarily before they could militarily," Coons seemed more worried about a military invasion. He warned that "as the Chinese have become economically stronger, they are seeking to become militarily stronger."
(O'Donnell quipped: "Are you saying that China has a plot to take over America?" -- exactly what she has been falsely accused of saying.)

If you do nothing else before casting your vote, Delawareans, ask people who know something if China poses more of a military threat, or a monetary threat, to us. (Make sure they know you're talking about China the country, not singer/actress Chynna Phillips.)

What should worry Delaware voters even more than Coons' demanding a first strike against China was the elaborate lying he did -- on stage, in front of everyone -- about his family's financial interest in cap and trade.
Responding to the question about "our carbon footprint" from a student who will be living with his parents soon, O'Donnell gave a tour-de-force attack on the cap-and-trade bill, mentioning the massive electricity bills that will devastate Delaware's farmers and elderly citizens.

She concluded by asking Coons: "Speaking of cap and trade, your family business stands to financially benefit from some environmental legislation under Bush -- "
Then she was cut off by the moderator.

Coons sneered: "A fascinating question that really makes no sense, yet, so if you'd like to -- better ask the whole question, I'd be -- what's she talking about?"

O'Donnell said sweetly, "I'd like to know if your family business stands to have a financial gain if cap and trade is passed and, if so, would you recuse yourself in the lame duck sessions from voting with Harry Reid?"

Coons again scoffed at O'Donnell: "Fascinating question. No."

Thinking he had caught O'Donnell in a gaffe, Blitzer asked for her evidence. Oops!

O'Donnell cited W.L. Gore -- the company owned by Coon's stepfather, which also provided Coons with the only for-profit job he ever held -- and said that the company makes fuel cells and other things that companies will be forced to buy under cap and trade. (Making W.L. Gore at least the second entity named "Gore" to cash in on the global warming hoax, by the way.)

Blitzer asked Coons, "Is that true?" Oops, again!

Amid a litany of irrelevancies and insults -- That's quite a stretch, Gore makes a lot of products, we also sell dental floss! -- Coons finally coughed up the truth: Yes, Gore will benefit if cap and trade becomes law.
He explained his earlier, by-now-obvious lie by saying that "it took a couple of minutes to even understand what she was talking about."

Really? That's strange, because according to Delaware newspaper articles not seven years ago, Coons himself -- as the lawyer for Daddy's company –- deployed Gore scientists to testify before Congress in favor of environmental mandates because, as Coons said, it was good for business.
On Nov. 16, 2003, "company lawyer Christopher Coons" told Wilmington's News Journal: "This is one of those very rare moments where the legislative outcome matters to Gore."
I guess now we know why Coons kept pretending he couldn't understand the batty dame.

It sounds like O'Donnell clearly won the debate, but maybe not in the liberal journalist's eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Huckabee did a great job defending O'Donnell on his morning radio show today:

Thursday October 21, 2010
http://radio.mikehuckabee.com/Sectional.asp?id=37049#

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
O'Donnell had the guts to say that "separation of church and state" were not in the Constitution. She just moved up a few notches in my book.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6