Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
Verry interesting tactic....discuss!

Missy Smith is running for the job of non-voting Washington, DC delegate to the House of Representatives. She is running against uber-liberal incumbent Eleanor Holmes Norton, a woman of color.

In her TV ad, Ms. Smith shows extremely graphic images of aborted babies, while saying that she had two abortions and regrets them. She identifies herself as a Tea Party candidate, and says that the first priority is to make child-killing illegal again.

The interesting part is that the local ABC affiliate says they have to air the graphic ads, because election law prohibits them from censoring a qualified candidate's ad in any way whatsoever.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/1 ... metro.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:12 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Sounds like a good idea!

We used this tactic in Sweden (on demonstrations), that sure didn't get us popular, but it's efficient like nothing else. I call it shock therapy.

/John

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:40 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I read about her a few days ago. She actually has no interest in or expectation of winning. She is using this legal loophole to get the word broadcasted on tv & it's working.

Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life, after many years of trying the PC soft & gentle approach only, was persuaded by the history of the civil rights movement that these pictures MUST be seen.

People were not much moved by reading about the civil rights protests until they began seeing the pictures of black people peacefully demonstrating being assaulted by police turning firehoses on them and such.

Abortion has been protected by ignorance - people who have seen the casualties of abortion can no longer deny that a baby was the victim. That's why ultrasound has been so damaging for the abortion business. It's hard to explain why "a clump of cells" has a distinct heartbeat, sucks its thumb & moves around with deliberation.

I understand the concern about little children seeing these images, but at the same time, not showing the pictures at all only serves those who have been keeping this evil hidden in the darkness of ignorance for so long.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBCKeuvg7gE

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:36 am 

Liked: 152
Here is her first ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcIXzXYpEA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:04 am 
Lieutenant General

I think she got the pictures from Central for Bio-ethic reform. I've seen that picture before.

I'm a member of CBR Sweden btw :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
After church today, we drove by what I refer to as the death house. It is on the campus of the University of Iowa in the downtown area of Iowa City. It is the Emma Goldman Clinic. I looked at it and it said "Open". I couldn't get over the fact that in America this building with many beautiful churches surrounding it in the blocks around it, is allowed to kill babies; and then to be open on a Sunday as church-goers passed by walking to their cars was even sadder and sickening.

Please join me in praying that this house of horrors will have it's funding dry up and that it will be forced to shut down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
After church today, we drove by what I refer to as the death house. It is on the campus of the University of Iowa in the downtown area of Iowa City. It is the Emma Goldman Clinic. I looked at it and it said "Open". I couldn't get over the fact that in America this building with many beautiful churches surrounding it in the blocks around it, is allowed to kill babies; and then to be open on a Sunday as church-goers passed by walking to their cars was even sadder and sickening.

Please join me in praying that this house of horrors will have it's funding dry up and that it will be forced to shut down.

Yes, I will pray. Whoever Emma Goldman is, she should be ashamed.

Have any of the church-goers stopped to politely object? That would possibly get in the news. It is truly hard to know how to respond to this open operation of a house of death, but perhaps the Lord wants us to do something, to speak out. On the Lord's Day, this is particularly egregious. I am saddened.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
I do not believe such adds are effective when they focus on the graphic display of human remains. The image is true and it does make a strong argument. But it is very unclear whether such an argument persuades. Such tactics were used extensively for the first 25 years of the pro-life movement with little evident success.

Recent efforts have centered on possitive messaging with measurable success.

http://www.virtuemedia.org/

Good example here:
http://www.virtuemedia.org/videos/window.html

and here:
http://www.virtuemedia.org/videos/norma.html

Making people aware of the humanity of the unborn child through inutero images has had a tremendous effect on changing hearts and minds. Sympathy for the mother's humanity is also required.

Images of life (and redemption) are more powerful than those of death (and condemnation).

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:00 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
[quote][Whoever Emma Goldman is, she should be ashamed/quote]

Early 20th century anachist (and radical feminist).

No law above the self. The result is predictable.

"every man did what was right in his own eyes."

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:47 pm 
Lieutenant General

Southern Doc, I'm not sure if I'd say they haven't had results. We just the positive messages from scratch in Sweden, with the same result as America. Only one thing different: In Sweden, we're not even talking about abortion anymore. America does at least have a debate. When you're being too nice, people forget about you.

These pictures affect people's hearts and minds and make them think, which is the greatest threat there is against the pro-choice lobby.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
They do reach some people who otherwise had tuned out of the debate - that's so important. Just in the comments following the news article several mentioned that they used to be pro-choice until they saw what it was that they were actually supporting.

It is easy to be persuaded by a philosophical argument presented in carefully manufactured words & ideals, but when presented with the actual concrete reality of that "choice", the visceral impact is stronger than the abstract.

As for the concern about the children who will see the ads, I don't wish trauma on any innocent - but a child that sensitive shouldn't be watching tv unsupervised anyway. And I am reminded of a story from a mom fighting in the pro-life movement who was preparing for a conference and she did not hear her 3 yr old daugher come into the room. She had pictures of aborted babies sitting there with the papers she was putting together & her daughter saw them before she could hide them. Her daughter looked very sad & said, "Mommy, who broke the baby?"

Children, in their innocence, can see the truth that so many adults refuse to see. Perhaps this exposure will lead more of them to reject the pro-choice views of some of their parents?