Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:26 pm 
General

Liked: 71
http://www.gop12.com/2010/11/rush-gop-trying-to-derail-palin.html

Quote:
Rush: GOP trying to derail Palin
Rush Limbaugh says "Republican insiders" are trying to diminish Sarah Palin and the tea party's wins, because they're desperate to stop her.

He also called her the winner of Tuesday night's primaries, despite the fact that tea party candidates Christine O'Donnell, Ken Buck, and Sharron Angle likely cost the GOP control of the Senate.

Newsmax reports:

"What's going on here, folks, is very simple,” Limbaugh said. “They want to establish a lie very firmly in the minds of the public that the tea party hurt the Republican Party in these elections. They want to use this to stop Sarah Palin. Republican insiders are trying to figure out now how to stop Sarah Palin.”

Limbaugh said he received several e-mails over the last few days from “so-called insiders” denying the GOP is trying to derail Palin’s chances at winning the party’s presidential nomination in 2012.

“A bunch of the people named as trying to stop Sarah Palin sent me a note [saying], ‘It's not me, don't blame me.’ Well, fine, I don't care who it is, we know it is happening.”

Limbaugh said the ill-advised plan to blame Palin and the tea party for splintering the GOP after a record pickup of seats by Republicans in the midterms turns reality on its head.

“If anybody is an obvious winner here . . . it would be Palin. Look at the grief and the mockery that she got for putting what the media claimed were targets on 20 Democrat incumbents on her website. Look at the grief that she's got ever since she was named McCain's running mate. Eighteen of those Democrats she targeted lost. That's a pretty amazing and impressive record. Sarah Palin targeted a bunch of Democrats for defeat, and 18 of them lost. That's more than any Republican elites are doing.”

He also claimed the GOP lost Nevada, because the NRSC put too much money in Carly Fiorina's race.

Just last week, Rush rated the 2012 candidates and gave Palin an 8/10, a rating only matched by Chris Christie, who used "suicide" and "running" in the same sentence this week.

Seems plainly clear that Palin does not stand a chance in a general election. Obama would win in a landslide. The GOP seems to understand that now and has put her in their crosshairs. However, Limbaugh seems to see it differently and keeps propping her up. I don't think he is that dumb so he must have some other motive. Exactly what his motive is, I am not sure.

Maybe some think that with Palin in, she will give the election to Romney?

I think the GOP clearly fear Palin as a loser in the general. What gives with Rush????

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:07 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
It is simply a business decision. It really is as simple as that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 pm 
General

byourCreator wrote:
It is simply a business decision. It really is as simple as that.

You mean for Rush? I could see that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 4
No reason to be confused. The party bosses didn't like her in 2008 and that hasn't change in 2010. You are right, if the party apparatus isn't behind her, then she can't win the general election. It would be another Christine O'Donnell situation. That goes for her or anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:50 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
Rush likes Palin because she's conservative and in your face about it just like he is. It's no conspiracy to pick Palin. He just likes her for that reason. She reminds him of himself. I wouldn't hold it against him. If Huckabee wins the nomination, he'll support Huckabee or whoever the Republican nominee is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:55 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
I fear a Sarah Palin run for presidency. She is an amazing motivator with solid values but the one adjective that best sums her up her intellect is: shallow. I'm not saying she is materialistic but when she is asked a complicated question she does not show a grasp of the information, thats all. The reason I fear her running, especially in the primary, is because so many conservatives like her and that is going to grow even more if the mainstream media continues to bash her, everyone likes an underdog.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
We'll see how she does when she's compared and contrasted with other Republicans. So far people have only seen her compared to Obama or Biden. Give the people a chance. Do you really believe that the people of Iowa would pick Palin over Huckabee? It's possible, but I'd bet on Huckabee.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:02 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
Yeah I see what you're saying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:34 pm 
General

After 2008, my naive desire for talk show hosts to have altruisic opinions of candidates went out the door. I guess Limbaugh could see some of himself in Palin, but I wonder if he attempting some kind of strategy.

He must know polls have consistently shown her losing in a landslide. I believe he feels like can steer the republican electrate but I also know he isn't dumb.

It makes me wonder if he has devised some crazy plan to prop up Palin enough so that she does decide to run and siphon enough of Huckabee's base that it forces Huckabee out early by SC.

I know, its a crazy thought, but Limbaugh's support of Palin is equally nutz.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Let Palin and Rush carry on their elites vs tea party tantrums (funny, because Rush IS an elite) while the other 95% of Americans relish in conservative wins, whether they came from the tea party or not, and start to take a serious look on who the conservative is who can speak for so many and also beat Obama.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
For those that like Palin's populist message and her fight, but think that she is too far to the right that she can't win the general, I would think that Huckabee would be their second choice. Huckabee has five times the amount of governing experience than Palin. Maybe all of those radio hosts who love Palin, will settle for Huckabee :roll: , knowing that Huckabee can win the general. Huckabee 52 Obama 44. It's right there. Will they read the statistics?

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
tdavisjr wrote:
No reason to be confused. The party bosses didn't like her in 2008 and that hasn't change in 2010. You are right, if the party apparatus isn't behind her, then she can't win the general election. It would be another Christine O'Donnell situation. That goes for her or anyone else.
Is it your opinion that O'Donnell lost a safe Republican seat more because party bigwigs didn't like her, and less because of her own statements and actions?

ConservTexan wrote:
For those that like Palin's populist message and her fight, but think that she is too far to the right that she can't win the general, I would think that Huckabee would be their second choice. Huckabee has five times the amount of governing experience than Palin. Maybe all of those radio hosts who love Palin, will settle for Huckabee :roll: , knowing that Huckabee can win the general. Huckabee 52 Obama 44. It's right there. Will they read the statistics?
Palin is no further to the right than most Republicans, but her unrefined and blunt (perhaps unstatesman-like?) way of speaking makes her a sound bite machine, serving up rallying fodder for the left and the media.

I would argue that Huckabee is further to the right than someone like Rush Limbaugh. I mean, you won't hear Rush calling for the repeal of the 16th and 17th amendments. But Huckabee just presents himself and his positions differently...and in a way that doesn't always appeal to the 100percenters; the red-meat 'tru-conservative' crusaders.