Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2010/11/ ... anderthal/

Quote:

“I’m a feminist.” These are not my words. They are Sarah Palin’s. Now maybe 1) Governor Palin doesn’t understand what she is talking about, and that is bad. But there are three other possibilities that are worse: 2) She is pandering. 3) She is evolving. 4) She really is a feminist, which would be the worst of all possibilities. I’m leaning towards number two, which often leads to numbers three and four. Here is the quote which, taken by itself, might mean she only misunderstands feminism:

I’m a feminist who, uh, believes in equal rights and I believe that women certainly today have every opportunity that a man has to succeed, and to try to do it all, anyway. And I’m very, very thankful that I’ve been brought up in a family where gender hasn’t been an issue. You know, I’ve been expected to do everything growing up that the boys were doing. We were out chopping wood and you’re out hunting and fishing and filling our freezer with good wild Alaskan game to feed our family. So it kinda started with that.

Though some of this is bothersome (women can “do it all”, gender isn’t an issue), the thrust of feminism is not equal rights. It is the overthrow of God’s natural order. The reason the killing of unborn children and the promotion of contraception is so central to feminism is because it is a rejection of the differences between men and women[1]. It is also why feminism promotes acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle, and rejects bans on women serving in combat.

Palin implied on the night of the recent Republican 2010 mid-term election victories that the roots of her feminism go back to her college days. Speaking to feminist and the first former vice-presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro, she said:

“And Geraldine has also been grossly attacked back in ‘84, and I remember, um, as a young college student watching what it was that you were going through and knowing that a.) and more power to you for busting that glass ceiling you know and standing on the shoulders of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Susan B. Anthony, and others who had come before you, of course, so many years ago. And, then you busting through and then the opportunity that I and other woman following you have, have been able to seize. That’s just been wonderful. It’s been great for our nation, it’s been so good.

But, yeah, it kind of seems, Geraldine that some things haven’t changed.

This is painful for me. I like Sarah Palin. But as I research more and more the issues that mean the most to me, I find some of her positions and the articulation of them wanting. A tree is known not only by its fruits, but also by its roots. The roots of feminism go back to the garden of Eden. After the fall of man, God cursed Eve by saying in Genesis 3:16: “Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband[2], and he shall rule over thee.”

Palin went on to say: ...

I recommend you go and read the entire article. I'm posting this because we have touched on some of these issues/statements on other threads.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:05 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
The problem with feminism is their desire to be oppressed - yes, you read that right. They desire oppression because that means they don't have any responsibilities. Freedom means responsibility. Some people fear responsibility so much that they are willing to give up freedom, just to get out of it.

Look at the insane feminists in Sweden, who have achieved everything they originally wanted, and therefore look for more and more excuses as for why they shouldn't have to take responsibility for their lives. Sweden is the most equal country in the world, both when it comes to income and gender.

So, are they just living happily ever after? No. They're just finding new things to complain about.

Interestingly, if there are any equality issues that hasn't yet been resolved, then it is the issue of the oppression of women in the muslim world and even in the muslim communities in the western world. Now, that's an issue where the feminists might be able to accomplish something, if they would make a serious effort to change things.

But we all know they won't.

/John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:20 am 
Major General

Liked: 2
Wendero wrote:
The problem with feminism is their desire to be oppressed - yes, you read that right. They desire oppression because that means they don't have any responsibilities. Freedom means responsibility. Some people fear responsibility so much that they are willing to give up freedom, just to get out of it.

Look at the insane feminists in Sweden, who have achieved everything they originally wanted, and therefore look for more and more excuses as for why they shouldn't have to take responsibility for their lives. Sweden is the most equal country in the world, both when it comes to income and gender.

So, are they just living happily ever after? No. They're just finding new things to complain about.

Interestingly, if there are any equality issues that hasn't yet been resolved, then it is the issue of the oppression of women in the muslim world and even in the muslim communities in the western world. Now, that's an issue where the feminists might be able to accomplish something, if they would make a serious effort to change things.

But we all know they won't.

/John

Wow. I never thought about it that way.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 pm 
Lieutenant General

A couple of years ago, we had feminists on state television promoting male breastfeeding. Yes, you read that right. And Yes, it is physically possible. Not a big hit yet though, but give it a couple of years and people will get used to the thought.

Also, we're using taxpayer money to research how pants can be redesigned to allow women to urinate standing - something that so far has been a privilege reserved only for men. Again, you read that right.

Oh, and did I mention we have a drag queen in the parliament? Yes, a transsexual. Only in Sweden, people. Only in Sweden.

/John

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm 
Major General

Liked: 12
Quote:
A couple of years ago, we had feminists on state television promoting male breastfeeding. Yes, you read that right. And Yes, it is physically possible. Not a big hit yet though, but give it a couple of years and people will get used to the thought.

Also, we're using taxpayer money to research how pants can be redesigned to allow women to urinate standing - something that so far has been a privilege reserved only for men. Again, you read that right.

I guess we are not the only ones that can complain about misuse of our tax dollars. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm 
Lieutenant General

Well, when the average guy pays about 60-65 % in taxes, politicians needless to say have a lot of money to waste...

We also have a grinding stone museum and a matchstick museum. Oh, and did I mention the kindergartens where girls are taught to scream while boys are being taught "girly" things (anything from wearing dresses, playing with dolls, giving each other foot massages etc)? You thought the feminists wanted equality? They don't. They want revenge.

And because of the tax burden, few people (less than 1 %) can afford to not send their kids to day nursery/kindergarten. I'm glad I wasn't sent to one of those. My mum stayed at home, partly because my dad made enough money to provide for us (he's a doctor) and partly because she suffers from medical condition which makes work painful (she gets muscle pain).

When you got the kids from that they are 1.5 years old, you've got plenty of time to raise them into whatever you want (parental leave in Sweden is 18 months). They never got me. I got them time and time again. I'm proud of that; they never defeated me. They never found a way to deal with me. And I am certain that no teacher I have ever had, will ever forget about me.

/John G

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:42 pm 

Liked: 340
Wendero wrote:
And because of the tax burden, few people (less than 1 %) can afford to not send their kids to day nursery/kindergarten. I'm glad I wasn't sent to one of those. My mum stayed at home, partly because my dad made enough money to provide for us (he's a doctor) and partly because she suffers from medical condition which makes work painful (she gets muscle pain).

When you got the kids from that they are 1.5 years old, you've got plenty of time to raise them into whatever you want (parental leave in Sweden is 18 months). They never got me. I got them time and time again. I'm proud of that; they never defeated me. They never found a way to deal with me. And I am certain that no teacher I have ever had, will ever forget about me.

Your parents made the right choice, and I'm glad they were able to do so financially.
The last years, there has been a great push in Germany to introduce countrywide government care for small children (from age 1 year). In (formerly communist) East Germany, that is already in place and is standard there. In West Germany it is not yet standard. You wonder why the government in present-day Germany is so eager to follow this communist example of government upbringing and education of all children from a very young age. And why they so vehemently oppose home schooling (you may be fined, imprisoned for a short time or your kids are taken from you if you do it).
That's also one reason why, if later on I will be blessed with a family, I do not intend to stay in Germany, because it's so difficult to find a way around the goverment-run education institutions.

Regarding the topic of feminism discussed on this thread (including the topic of loss of modesty, discussed on another thread), what I find so sad is that women themselves are those who have been and are most hurt by this development of the last decades. They suffer the most from its results.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:27 pm 
Lieutenant General

My parents made the right choice, that's true - though my upbringing was in no way without complications (I have suffered a lot of things - I might write a thread with a "biography" of myself sometime).

Sweden banned homeschooling in 1844. We've really suffered the consequences of that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:48 pm 

Liked: 340
Wendero wrote:
My parents made the right choice, that's true - though my upbringing was in no way without complications (I have suffered a lot of things - I might write a thread with a "biography" of myself sometime).

Sweden banned homeschooling in 1844. We've really suffered the consequences of that.

Would be interesting.

Till now I had thought that Germany was the only country in Europe to not allow homeschooling (a prohibition Hitler first introduced in the 1930s and left in place after WWII). Makes me understand more why Sweden is so liberal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:30 pm 
Lieutenant General

Nope, Hitler was inspired by Sweden. Oh, come to think of it, we invented the whole Action T4 as well - the genocide on the mentally ill. Oh, and the idea to stamp a "J" in the passport of the jews, that was a Swedish idea too. Come to think of it, we also supplied Germany with the gas (Zyclon B) which was used to kill jews. Not to mention the iron ore.

We even had concentration camps for people who were outspoken in their criticism against Germany (they "threatened our neutrality and national security").

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Wendero wrote:
This about sums up Liberalism, too. But I believe they also have such empty lives that they have a need for "the Man" to hold them back. If they don't have some injustice to focus on, real or imagined, then all that's left is themselves. Without the oppressor, they would have to fix things themselves. So it's just easier to be as a spoiled child making demands of whatever they want - and then pitching a fit when their parents say no.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:07 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
Wendero wrote:

I would really like to read your biography.

Wow. I guess it goes to show you what happens when a society rejects God, responsibility, and morality. Far from becoming "free", liberals have only succeeded in enslaving themselves.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
Something i've learned throughout the years is that sometimes people define terms differently. I'd love to Ask Palin for more detail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
DannyPoo wrote:
Something i've learned throughout the years is that sometimes people define terms differently. I'd love to Ask Palin for more detail.

You are quite correct, but every word has an etymology, a history of usage that one who employees a term must not neglect if they wish to communicate and not be misunderstood.

However, what Palin means by referring to herself as a "feminist" is being defined by her every action and word, and even though her tenure as Governor was brief, her actions give us a good indication as to how she thinks and how she would govern if ever elected again.

Here are but two examples:
Quote:
Palin appoints former Planned Parenthood board member to Alaska Supreme Court

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Dan Fagan

In a move that should give social conservatives great pause, Governor Sarah Palin has appointed a former board member of Planned Parenthood to the Alaska State Supreme Court.

Palin appointed Anchorage Superior Court Judge Morgan Christen to the state’s highest court on Wednesday.

There is no disputing Palin’s appointment of Christen with her association with Planned Parenthood will cause the Alaska Supreme to lean left and will ensure a more activist court when it comes to gay marriage, and abortion. The Christen appointment is key because she replaces justice Warren Mathews, one of the dissenting votes striking down the parental consent legislation.

The Governor, who early on won the support of Alaska liberals after she pushed through an enormous, unprecedented tax increase on the oil industry, seems to be back in their good graces with this appointment.

ADN liberal bloggers responded to Palin’s Supreme Court appointment writing,

“Ohmigawd!??The governor's been taken over by space aliens.??What an improvement!”

“Wow. Way to go Palin! I can't believe I just said that. But hey, credit where credit is due.”

“Glad to see a woman in the position to balance out the court. Good for Palin for keeping bible thumper beliefs out of the court system and honoring the separation of Church and State.”

“This is the one good action that Sarah Palin has taken over the past three years. And I have no problem admitting it. Great pick!!!! So even if the wing-nut parental consent bill passes, the state Supremes now have enough votes to overturn it as unconstitutional.”

Granted Palin would have had to put up a fight to block the appointment of the far left Christen to the court. Under Alaska law the judicial council made up mostly of liberal lawyers gets to filter out candidates who do not hold a leftist background. The governor must pick from the names forwarded.

But former Governor Frank Murkowski during his term fought the process and at first refused to name any of the names submitted to him. The liberal media beat him up pretty bad over it and he eventually caved.

If Governor Palin would have taken on this fight, it probably would have ended up in court. If she had taken up the fight and asked for all the candidates’ names that applied to be forwarded, it would have brought to the public’s attention that trial lawyers control the third branch of government in Alaska. But with the governor refusing to spend any political capital on this issue, it is sure to disappear from Alaska’s political landscape.

The governor caving into trial lawyers also guarantees an activist court will continue to push its agenda on the people of Alaska. It will continue to stand between you and your child, continue to redefine marriage and block development.

Palin appointing Christen kills any move by the legislature to pass parental consent legislation. The new court with Christen on it will surely strike down any new laws. This is one of the reasons Palin’s caving is confusing. Just recently held a news conference standing side by side with conservative lawmakers sponsoring new parental consent legislation.

Refusing to fight for parental consent laws is risky for Palin. It clearly will help her avoid controversy from the liberal media. But conservatives supporting her won't like the fact she appointed a former Planned Parenthood board member to Alaska’s highest court.

Many of the governor’s conservative supporters have ignored her high taxes and liberal anti free market policies. They support her simply because she says she is pro-life and is open about her faith. But the Christen appointment proves that while the governor lives the pro-life message in her personal life, she is not willing to spend political capital on the issue in her political life.

http://www.thealaskastandard.com/?q=node/559

And here is a quote from Bob Vander Plaats
Quote:
Our campaign, myself included, was more than a bit surprised that Sarah would endorse Branstad,” said Vander Plaats, a favorite among Iowa’s grass-roots conservatives. “If she prided herself in going rogue and endorsing the conservative candidate or tea party candidate, we just didn’t see Branstad fitting that mold at all.”

“Was she doing that because Huckabee endorsed me? Did she do that because a poll showed Branstad winning in Iowa?” asked the still-puzzled former gubernatorial candidate. “She seems to be all over the board. I think Huckabee has shown a lot of consistency in his endorsements.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42371.html
Christians are admonished not to be gullible but to be "wise as serpents". Is it wise to put one's trust in this woman for leadership and the advance of moral values?