Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 24
So every day I check fox news website, for updates on news around the globe, Im busy working so I can not check the tv all day. Ive noticed every day they advertise the 12 in 12 spot light candidate right on their home page with an ad and a story. Well I dont know if Mike Huckabee is in the spotlight tonight or not, but I do know one thing, Their is no ad for 12 in 12, and no story an a potential candidate.

If they are just dissing Mike Huckabee again, it would be typical. But just curious if anyone else has seen anything?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
Here's the link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11 ... house-run/

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Bret Bair just announced that they will be highlighting Mike Huckabee on their 12 for 2012 tonight! I can't wait. Is he as biased as Sean, O'Reilly, etc.?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Arghh! I'm at work and forgot to set my dvr. Please post the piece if you see it online!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
OK, since this is the bone to pick with Foxnews thread.

Why did Huckabee look like he was in HD with crinkly lines on his face?

Is this the only thing they could go after Huckabee on?

Can you imagine if they did this with Palin's interview?

It was almost comical.

And I was not watching it on HD.

How hilarious that they would do that to Huckabee. C'mon. :roll: :tinfoil scratch

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 am 
General

Liked: 41
Bret also mentioned 3-4 times that Mike Huckabee has been a previous pastor. That was so many years ago, I wish they wouldn't keep mentioning that....it's a way to turn off many voters from choosing Huckabee as their candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
ConservTexan wrote:
OK, since this is the bone to pick with Foxnews thread.

Why did Huckabee look like he was in HD with crinkly lines on his face?

Is this the only thing they could go after Huckabee on?

Can you imagine if they did this with Palin's interview?

It was almost comical.

And I was not watching it on HD.

How hilarious that they would do that to Huckabee. C'mon. :roll: :tinfoil scratch
This was the first time I had ever noticed those lines.. I asked myself "did huckabee age a lot recently?" Or did the make-up people do a bad job? Bad lighting? Egad.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I am glad that you noticed it too Christopher. I had to keep looking at my cable box to make sure it wasn't on HD.

The funny thing was when you looked at Bret Baier, his skin looked as smooth as silk.

Larry Sabato looked bad too.

I also noticed that they did not mention the poll where Huckabee beat Obama 52-44.

Anyone check the timing of the interviews? Was Huckabee's the shortest segment? Anyone check to see whose was the longest?

But now I am being picky because I did think it was a good interview.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
In repose Mike is not a matinee idol. He is the most "attractive" when animated.

The lines BTW are what happens to folks who loose 100 pounds and use to carry some of it in a round face.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:05 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Exactly Southern Doc. He's losing weight! He's running - both literally and hopefully figuratively! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:15 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
One more thing.

I don't think there really is a "FOX" who does these things (whether this one was innocent [which I believe] or intentional).

There are lots of "foxes" and wolves out there in the media and I think from time to time they are going to spin things quite badly for our boy. But overall it looks like FOX network is treating Mike fairly well. He has his show and it no longer gets bumped around. He has multiple air-time opportunities to be seen and voice his opinion without a filter. This 12 in 12 was actually VERY good. I can't think of a "better" slot to have in the series than the one they gave him. I think FOX has come to the realization that Huck might just be a contender, and might just be the next President. They are covering their bets accordingly.

Now that does NOT apply to everyone at FOX who have never liked, and likely never will, Mike Huckabee. Expect Campaign Carl, and Martha, and Hannity, and....to drive us all to distraction in their "fair and balanced" cheerleading for anyone but Mike. But we need to not be distracted.

Mike is in the hunt.

The fox is afoot.

To the hounds!

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:17 am 
Captain

Liked: 76
Quote:
"It's a whole lot more about the money than it is the message. And so, because it's more process-focused than policy-focused, we end up not necessarily giving attention to the people with the best ideas, but giving attention to the people with the machinery and the money, even if their message doesn't even sell," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11 ... z15jl4op00

The above statement from Huckabee has very much truth in it. And the elite media follows the money thus giving us someone like Romney. A lot of people tend to get their facts from the news outlets instead of doing their own research. Fox News has built a reputation of being fair and balanced, but for those who look behind the scenes know that is not necessarily true. Granted I would take them over CNN or MSNBC any day, but I do my own research on candidates records to sort out truth from fiction. Not all have the time it takes to get involved and do their own research.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm 
General

Liked: 41
On Friday, they had film clips from Christie who backed out of the interview because he didn't want anybody to think he is running.

After Bret showed Christie, he touched on Santorum and Ron Paul.

After this there was a round table discussion about the 12 contenders. They talked about Palin and someone even said he still thought Christie would be best. Nobody mentioned Huckabee, but they didn't mention Romney either. I won't be listening to Bret's show anymore because it upsets me when they don't even consider Huckabee when he has had the best polls for over a year.