Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Much Is 50 Million?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am 
Major General

Liked: 54
Huckabee essentially said that he would run if he had 50 million with which to campaign.

How much is 50 Million?

50 million is one person donating the whole amount.
Or, 10 people donating 5 million
Or, 100 people donating 500K
Or, 1000 people donating 50K
Or, 10,000 people donating 5K
Or, 100,000 people donating 500
Or, 1 million donating just $50.

Now, I ask you, which of the above is more in keeping with the spirit of our original Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the idea of “we the people?”

I know it might sound like a Frank Capra story line where Mary combs the town to find George’s friends who each give something to save the day, or maybe I am just looking at America through the idealistic glasses of Norman Rockwell, but isn’t there something we can do here?

The majority of Americans seem to be united on this proposition at least: we currently have a very dismal prospect for leadership from the White House in 2012, regardless of which party manages to win. A tested and able prospect is setting on the sideline because management (you know, the guys that gave us what we presently have) won’t give him a call.

What if a million of us or so got together an online petition to present to Gov. Huckabee in which we promised to donate at least $50 to his campaign the day he announced? Just our word on it -- just a promise -- but since we are not politicians maybe it would count for something.

I believe the Governor currently has around 2 million who watch his show each week, and then there are the millions who listen to his daily radio spots. Are we to suppose that these would not want to be part of such an effort? How about the 4 million who voted for him in the last election? Even those who are not inclined to think that Huckabee is best suited for the job might donate just for the interest and entertainment factor. I think we can guarantee them that this cycle will not get more dull with the addition of Huckabee to the lineup.

A simple petition, a simple promise, for the potential for “a simple government;” is this doable?

Post by byourCreator Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:46 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
I have a connection with this website/effort:
http://drafthuckabee2012.com/

After the GMH's announcement in May, the site has been inactive.

If HA wanted to get involved and promote it, I can probably make that happen.

Honestly though if you want something like this to take off it takes a big commitment from a lot of people (sharing on FB/Twitter/email) and the involvement of a big name (to give it a bump in the media).

My thinking is that we only have about a week before GMH must get in if he's running - I don't want to throw water on the fire, but it seems like there's not time for a petition drive/online draft effort.

But, there is certainly no harm in giving it a try.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:06 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Yes, I understand. That is why it would need to be an online petition and extremely simple. A few seconds and you are done. It would be like voting on one of these online polls, which sometimes reach many thousands legitimately in only a few hours.

I would envision that one would only be asked to sign there name, nothing more. Yes, it could be hacked and people could do this insincerely, but it is a matter of trust anyway. I think many many more would do that if all they were doing was printing their name not giving any additional information or being asked to do anything else.

One has an interest in seeing Governor Huckbee run, you see a comment someplace like below an article about how there is dissatisfaction with the current field, or someone tells you about it and you go to the link, enter your name, click submit, and you are done. Yes, if he announces and you were not serious then you have perjured yourself and have to live with your conscience, but I would hope that most who would sign would come through.

The petition really has but one function; to grow in size exponentially and capitalize on the dissatisfaction of voters with the current prospects and their hope for a better choice, not necessarily who they would see as their ideal candidate as is the case with the Draft Huckabee site as it is presently set up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
This is an excellent idea, but Huck also stated that it would require organization - is that something that we can give him as well?

Enthusiastic grass roots is vital, but is it all that is needed?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:04 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Huckabee's daughter, Sarah, would know if there are any of Pawlenty's campaign who haven't signed on with anybody. I hope MH would NOT get Ed Rollins because he said some bad things about Huckabee at the time of his announcement and I don't think he's a very nice man.

Another person to ask is Haley Barbour. He like MH and he might have big bucks to donate, and know some big names Mike could get....maybe even him to be campaign manager.

Chip Saltzman is another person to contact about money and organization.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Even though Ed Rollins is no longer actively involved in the Bachmann campaign, he still endorses her, so I doubt he'd get on another campaign.

Great idea though.

Which is more feasible, getting 1,000,000 people to donate 50$ or getting 500,000 donating 100$?

Mike got around 4,000,000 votes in all the primaries in 2008. So getting 1,000,000 is getting 25% of everyone who voted for him back then. It seems doable, but I wouldn't know how to begin.

His facebook page has 600,000 fans. If we could get access to that page somehow, that might be someplace to begin. :)

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Would we be able to post on his facebook page the link to the Draft Huck page?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

yes - but it doesn't show up on his feed - you have to click on the "everyone's posts" at the top of his page - which a lot of people do look at.

I do have a FB page connected to the website:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Draft ... 5568327084

Also a Twitter account:

@drafthuck2012
http://twitter.com/#!/DraftHuck2012

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 22
A facebook ad campaign targeting huckabee fans might be what we need.

Steadfast wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

yes - but it doesn't show up on his feed - you have to click on the "everyone's posts" at the top of his page - which a lot of people do look at.

Also a Twitter account:

@drafthuck2012

FairTax Indiana on Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
higgybaby4huck wrote:
A facebook ad campaign targeting huckabee fans might be what we need.

Steadfast wrote:
QuoVadisAnima wrote:

Also a Twitter account:

@drafthuck2012

Dan, are you talking about placing paid ads on FB to attract people to a Draft Huckabee FB page?