Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
Hannamarar wrote:
Hmmm! So we might still hope.

Does anyone have any ideas about what we might expect to see if he does enter the race? Do you think there would be a migration from several of the other candidates to Gov. Huckabee? I honestly think he could beat Obama, but can he win the nomination this year?

There's a part of me that regrets what he will have to give up if he decides to run, i.e. his TV show, his 600 plus radio stations where his voice is heard daily, his speaking engagements etc., but I've wanted him for president since the first time I heard him speak. I pray that he will correctly discern (or has discerned) God's will in this matter. In my humble opinion, whoever runs is going to need all the divine wisdom, guidance and strength that he/she can get.

May God bless America!

Here is what I think we might see (if Huck does get in). Huck gets in and Herman Cain throws his immediate support behind Huckabee. Why? Because Cain would fill in nicely in Hucks role on the radio. I dont expect they go giving his fox slot to Cain, but he already had radio experience, so why not? I actually think the only reason Huck WOULDNT get in in the next week or so is because Cain is doing so well....they are similar in many ways (different in plenty as well) so at this point Huckabee is only splitting the vote further.

I like all the excitement that has shown up on the board the past week or so.

Keep hope alive!

Post by karrboy84 Liked by: Vote For Truth
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Huckabee entering the race would immediately knock Bachmann, Santorum, and Cain out. Perry would be crippled even more then he is now.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:34 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Steadfast wrote:
byourCreator wrote:
Steadfast wrote:
He absolutely knows we are waiting on a "final NO" or a "Yes" and we know he has until the end of October.

I'm taking this as a subtle message to all of us...hang on...give me a few more days....keep that power dry.

To be more precise, he has until Nov. 1, 2011 at 5:00PM EST in SC.
Quote:
$35,000 from May 4 to the filing deadline on November 1, 2011 at 5:00 p.m.

http://www.p2012.org/chrn/souc12.html

Oh, and I like that dropped "d" in your final clause: "...keep that power dry."

Actually I believe New Hampshire is October 28...and if he files that day he has to do it in person.

You may be correct about Hew Hampshire, as I was only addressing South Carolina. Huckabee will not do well in NH anyway so I see no problem there even if he does not enter before their deadline. In fact, it might even be a good strategy to enter just after their deadline but before South Carolina's, where he absolutely must compete. Thus, a Romney win in NH over Huckabee, who was not even on the ballet, would mean little.

I believe someone mentioned earlier that Michigan had a deadline in mid-October, so that one may already be past. If I have the time I'll check that out later. We have to assume that Romney would win there once again, though I think Huckabee could compete there somewhat better than in NH.

Regardless, Huckabee needs to enter by the end of the business day on Nov. 1 if he is to compete in SC, and he certainly can and must compete very well there. The analyst on the video clip ConservativeTexan just posted indicated that Huckabee might not get in till December or January, but I can not see how that could happen unless there is some provision in SC for a really late entry, and I did not see any provision for that in a quick search.

A win in Iowa and a win in SC and Huckabee will be the nominee. If Huckabee is the nominee, then he wins the presidency. I really think it is that simple.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:36 pm 
***** General

karrboy84 wrote:
Hannamarar wrote:
Hmmm! So we might still hope.

Does anyone have any ideas about what we might expect to see if he does enter the race? Do you think there would be a migration from several of the other candidates to Gov. Huckabee? I honestly think he could beat Obama, but can he win the nomination this year?

There's a part of me that regrets what he will have to give up if he decides to run, i.e. his TV show, his 600 plus radio stations where his voice is heard daily, his speaking engagements etc., but I've wanted him for president since the first time I heard him speak. I pray that he will correctly discern (or has discerned) God's will in this matter. In my humble opinion, whoever runs is going to need all the divine wisdom, guidance and strength that he/she can get.

May God bless America!

Here is what I think we might see (if Huck does get in). Huck gets in and Herman Cain throws his immediate support behind Huckabee. Why? Because Cain would fill in nicely in Hucks role on the radio. I dont expect they go giving his fox slot to Cain, but he already had radio experience, so why not? I actually think the only reason Huck WOULDNT get in in the next week or so is because Cain is doing so well....they are similar in many ways (different in plenty as well) so at this point Huckabee is only splitting the vote further.

I like all the excitement that has shown up on the board the past week or so.

Keep hope alive!

I think Huckabee wants Cain to do well and why we have now seen him on his show three times. Huckabee would immediately fill the vacuum that Cain is temporarily filling as the "anyone but Romney" candidate. Huckabee also knows that Cain scares the daylights out of a big segment of Republicans who would want someone a little bit more acceptable to fill that void.

And if you listen to what Huckabee compliments Cain on....they are the same qualities that Huckabee possesses....communication skills, winsome, connects to the voters, speaks their language, etc...

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:41 pm 
***** General

Steadfast wrote:
To add one more thing...the Gov knows exactly how we would interpret this segment. And I find it hard to believe he would "toy" with us like that.

He knows how much we were all hurting after his announcement in May...to tease and then not follow up....well...would be kinda cruel.

Those are my thoughts exactly...I just didn't want to think about it.... :(

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:53 pm 
***** General

Read this and weep. Here is a snap shot of where the Iowa Caucuses stand. The Huckabee vote so fractured that it would allow a win by Ron Paul and a second place finish by Mitt Romney. No one has claimed his mantle. Someone interviewed at the end dissed Huckabee because in 08 Iowa voted principle and gave up electability and that gave us McCain and lost the WH. We know it is different this time, however, Huckabee still has the principles and now polls have proved he has the electability.

http://iowaindependent.com/62214/iowa-2012-gop-presidential-power-rankings-the-caucus-race-is-not-getting-any-clearer

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I just couldn't let that comment stand! :evil:
Here's the comment I posted -
Quote:
"But we already tried that with Huckabee and that got us McCain and we lost the White House.”

Absolute garbage. The implication apparently being that Romney would have been able to defeat Obama in 2008? He can't even get his own party behind him & can barely beat Obama now when O is a known disaster. Even McCain could beat Obama at this point! I'm just praying that Huckabee reconsiders & gets into the race before we're stuck with the dismal prospects before us...

Post by QuoVadisAnima has received Likes: 3 Huckabeliever, janelles, Vote For Truth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:07 pm 
***** General

If it becomes a reality and Huckabee does decide to enter the race, I think we can safely say that since he has waited this long he will most likely wait until the last possible moment. This would mean one more Huckabee show. If he is going to enter look for more clues in the next show since he pulled the Obamagirl stunt in the last show. If there aren't any then I would say Obamagirl is just an isolated incidence (and not a pleasant one if it didn't mean anything) and he isn't running. :cry:

I could be wrong but I would guess that is how it goes.

My dream scenario in his next show would be Huckabee wearing a purple tie and Chuck Norris busting through the Huckabee Fox News backdrop like the Kool-Aid man. "Oh Yeah......"

TEAM HUCK IOWA

Post by Iowans Rock has received Likes: 2 QuoVadisAnima, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:11 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I am praying that Huckabee gets in by no later than 1 week from today so he can finish next week's "Huckabee" show. I wish he would devote a whole show with different people comparing the Fair Tax to a Flat Tax.

Doesn't Mike Huckabee realize that he doesn't JUST have to win IA & SC, he must win FL and lots of other states which by getting in this late he won't even have time to campaign at hardly any other state by the first 2-3 states. Even Cain has been out West, in TN, FL, NC, SC. I'm not so sure Cain will be so easily defeated by Huckabee. If MH had got in 2-3 weeks ago, the people would have gone to him instead of Cain, but now everybody is talking about Cain. Remember lots of people believe Cain will cut into a lot of the African American voters from Obama (whether that is true or not). His 9-9-9 Plan has caught fire too. Cain is leading in NC, VA & WV too in the polls. Would Huckabee getting in divide the conservative voters so much that Romney would win? That's why Romney wanted Palin to get in the race to divide the voters with Perry.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Iowans Rock wrote:
If it becomes a reality and Huckabee does decide to enter the race, I think we can safely say that since he has waited this long he will most likely wait until the last possible moment. This would mean one more Huckabee show. If he is going to enter look for more clues in the next show since he pulled the Obamagirl stunt in the last show. If there aren't any then I would say Obamagirl is just an isolated incidence (and not a pleasant one if it didn't mean anything) and he isn't running. :cry:

I could be wrong but I would guess that is how it goes.

My dream scenario in his next show would be Huckabee wearing a purple tie and Chuck Norris busting through the Huckabee Fox News backdrop like the Kool-Aid man. "Oh Yeah......"

Nice thought. :D

But given the pathological diehard sentiment here already, perhaps "Kool-Aid" drinking is not the image we want to invoke. :wink:

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 2 Miserere, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:35 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
My wife, Michelle, and I got to speak for a few minutes with Gov Huckabee in person on Friday at a local event here in Mason, Ohio. He was relaxed and very friendly. He said that he doesn't see a path to winning the nomination at the moment but that he remains open to listening to people over the next couple of weeks before the door shuts (although he did add that there is always the possibility that something could transpire at the Republican Convention).

I also asked him about whether he thought the 9-9-9 plan would work as a transition to the Fairtax and he thought it would.

I was left with the impression that something MAJOR needs to happen for him to announce.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just for fun....my 'dream' final show would include some of the the following guests:

Palin (never before on show - she would encourage GMH to carry the conservative mantle)

Trump (would entice GMH with a super pac ....50 mil sounds good)

Rubio (well...this one is obvious...good-looking up and coming conservative young voice - perhaps a hint of an endorsement)

DeMint (repeat of last visit with hint of endorsement)

Tony Perkins and James Dobson - (expressing concern that social/family values are overlooked...urging GMH to run)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
I think a helpful addition to the list of guests would be Laura Ingraham. We all remember her positive comments about Mike when he went on her show a couple months ago. I could totally see her getting behind Mike this time.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 pm 

Liked: 152
Iowans Rock wrote:

Southern Doc wrote:
Nice thought. :D

But given the pathological diehard sentiment here already, perhaps "Kool-Aid" drinking is not the image we want to invoke. :wink:

Huckabee says politics is a full contact sport. So, how about Team Huck dressed up in football uniforms with Chuck leading the team out. We could have several Team Huck cheerleaders and pompom girls, too! :pompom

I read somewhere that Oct. 31st is the deadline to get on the ballot in FL. Plus, if I'm not mistaken you have to have a lot of signatures to get on the ballot, too. So, someone better start working on those uniforms and cheer-leading/pompom outfits quick cuz Huckabee would have to tape his last show this weekend to get on the ballots. Truthfully not making any early state that awards delegates proportionally could hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Thank God this suspension will be over in a couple weeks, and we'll know for sure whether he's in or out.

As John Cleese, SouthernDoc and others have said previously, I could handle the despair, it's the hope I can't stand.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm 
Major General

Liked: 54
Yes, I just checked another site and they do indicate that the deadline for Florida is Oct. 31 which is only two weeks from today. New Hampshire is indeed Oct. 28.

http://dateurl.com/2011/10/05/schedule-calendar-october-gop-republican-presidential-candidates-2011-2012-debate-video-streaming-interview-transcript/

It certainly does appear that Huckabee will have to make his decision in the next few days to a week at most (if he has not already) and get people on this or he might as well just tell all of us that it is over and he has definitely decided not to pursue the presidency this time around.

If he has definitely decided not to run why would he just not come out and tell us? What is he to gain by keeping our hopes alive for a few more days? If he has truly decided not to run then why receive our letters a couple of weeks ago, and why this Obama-girl/ Huckabee -girl segment? Why tell Colin that he is still open to listening in the next two weeks?

It seems to me that either he has not decided as yet but is still open to the possibility, or that he has decided to run and is just waiting for the right opportunity (in the next couple of weeks) to announce. At least I hope that this is the case, or as someone else pointed out, it would just be cruel to continue to let us hope when he fully intended to not run.

Close the door and turn out the lights or get some people working on these impending deadlines.

By the way, the line that he does not see a path to the nomination just won't work anymore. The door is wide open and he knows it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm 
General

Liked: 41
Steadfast, what do you think about what Huckabee said to Colin to wait and see for about 2 weeks? If he is going to run wouldn't he need to get those signatures in Fl and sign up in NH? Does he have to register in person or can another representative (Sarah) do it for him? Why does he have to cut it sooo close? He isn't giving himself any time to campaign in other places other than the first few states! Cain has been in AZ too. I wonder if MH has decided Cain can carry the mantle (since Cain is for the Fair Tax too)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:23 pm 
***** General

Can anyone verify that signatures are needed for the Florida ballot? I can't find it anywhere. I know that NH and SC are fees.

TEAM HUCK IOWA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Iowans Rock wrote:
Can anyone verify that signatures are needed for the Florida ballot? I can't find it anywhere. I know that NH and SC are fees.

I am not aware that signatures are needed by that Florida deadline. Perhaps signatures need to be done later, but a fee/forms need to be submitted by these dates....I just do not know.

He's been through this before. If he's getting in, I'm sure he's got people working on it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
What was the t-shirt that Huckabee gave Obama girl?

Are we all imagining things? could it be that Huckabee is just going about his business of television and radio with no intention of running, as he stated in May?

Are we reading things that are not there?

This hope is killing me. I still have my bank roll to max out for Huckabee. I wish I could spend it for the purpose it was originally intended....

Step out in faith, Mike. The money and support will be there if that is what God wants you to do.

Could he set up guest hosts while he campaigns, stepping back into the slot if he didn't win!! Is that possible? Is it really a conflict of interest? Any more so than Obama campaigning for a particular party when he has avowed to protect the Constitution and lead the entire nation? To do what is best for all Americans?