Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=25867
Page 2 of 3

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Miserere wrote:
nrobyar wrote:
I think, maybe, we just want Governor Huckabee to run so badly, we are seeing things that don't exist! Just a week or so ago he said he was still happy with the decison he made in May. As much as I would love to delude myself that he was getting in, I honestly don't see the signs with only a week away. I only hope that I'm wrong, but he seems perfectly happy sitting on the sidelines as a pundit at FOX.


Agreed. I've finally admitted to myself today that he ain't runnin'.


At this point I am certain that Huckabee has decided that if God wants him to run, He will provide the path. I'm just not certain that God's will is to provide it with the $50 million price tag Huck is requesting. God likes to make His miracles clear so that no one else can attempt to lay claim to it.

Author:  byourCreator [ Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Well we will probably know for certain about this time one week from today. If Huckabee is going to run he will probably need to announce at the end of his show next week, get a web site up immediately, register in Florida on the 31st, and go all out from there.

The hope looks dim but there is still hope and it might even go down in the history books as a brilliant strategy.

For myself, I will hang on to the end. I love unexpected good surprises.

Author:  Miserere [ Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

byourCreator wrote:
Well we will probably know for certain about this time one week from today. If Huckabee is going to run he will probably need to announce at the end of his show next week, get a web site up immediately, register in Florida on the 31st, and go all out from there.

The hope looks dim but there is still hope and it might even go down in the history books as a brilliant strategy.

For myself, I will hang on to the end. I love unexpected good surprises.



Part of my admitting to myself that Mike ain't runnin' is precisely because when I predict something definite like that the opposite usually happens. So while it seems like I was being realistic and/or losing hope, in reality it's just a move to a deeper level of superstitious huckaholism, i.e., thinking that he'll run since I predicted that he wouldn't.

Author:  Steadfast [ Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

I am fairly sure the first deadline is October 28 - for New Hampshire

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

I can't remember - is NH winner take all? Huck doesn't really need NH, does he?

Author:  christopher.wilkerson [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I can't remember - is NH winner take all? Huck doesn't really need NH, does he?
No last time Huckabee got 1 delegate for his 11% of the vote. I posted under another topic that Huckabee could skip NH. Now I'm rethinking that.

Author:  christopher.wilkerson [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

nrobyar wrote:
I think, maybe, we just want Governor Huckabee to run so badly, we are seeing things that don't exist! Just a week or so ago he said he was still happy with the decison he made in May. As much as I would love to delude myself that he was getting in, I honestly don't see the signs with only a week away. I only hope that I'm wrong, but he seems perfectly happy sitting on the sidelines as a pundit at FOX.

Probably. But I think it kills him being on the sidelines. I don't have much hope that he's getting in, and I wasn't crushed when he made his announcement back in the spring. I do hope he holds some elective office some time in the future to do some good for the country. I would be disappointed if he's just satisfied with his media work.

Author:  karrboy84 [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
nrobyar wrote:
I think, maybe, we just want Governor Huckabee to run so badly, we are seeing things that don't exist! Just a week or so ago he said he was still happy with the decison he made in May. As much as I would love to delude myself that he was getting in, I honestly don't see the signs with only a week away. I only hope that I'm wrong, but he seems perfectly happy sitting on the sidelines as a pundit at FOX.

Probably. But I think it kills him being on the sidelines. I don't have much hope that he's getting in, and I wasn't crushed when he made his announcement back in the spring. I do hope he holds some elective office some time in the future to do some good for the country. I would be disappointed if he's just satisfied with his media work.


Unfortunately, we might not have a country left for him to hold office in if BHO gets another 4 years. Huck's time is now. There might not be a later.

Author:  byourCreator [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Well, I'm looking at his scheduled taping with Toby Keith on Friday afternoon. I'm sure Mike wants to do this next show and should Keith offer an endorsement to Mike that might be his lead in to his announcement. Here is what Keith said of Mike about one year ago:

Quote:
I like Huckabee. I like [former Arkansas Gov.] Mike Huckabee. That's who I like.

CNN: What do you like about him?

Keith: If you sit and talk with him for very long, it takes you a little while before you realize, "Oh, I forgot. I'm talking to a politician." He was a governor, he ran for president, he's sharp as a cat, he's down to earth and humble. He's qualified, and you have to be a great speaker to be a great leader. You have to have the ability to make people trust you, and he's got everything he needs. I really like the guy.



http://teamhuck.ning.com/forum/topics/cnn-toby-keith-i-like

If he still thinks the same way then such statements leading up to an announcement could go a long way in overcoming any deficits caused by not entering in NH.

Author:  Vote For Truth [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Shelley, if Gov. Huckabee is NOT getting in the race, why doesn't he come on Huck's Army and tell us he isn't running....or tell you??? Why would he keep us hanging on? He does know we have been working to draft him, doesn't he? If he does know, why wouldn't he say something to us if he's not running??? :wall-yellow

Author:  Southern Doc [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Vote For Truth wrote:
Shelley, if Gov. Huckabee is NOT getting in the race, why doesn't he come on Huck's Army and tell us he isn't running....or tell you??? Why would he keep us hanging on? He does know we have been working to draft him, doesn't he? If he does know, why wouldn't he say something to us if he's not running??? :wall-yellow


Actually he has told us all in May.

He's also said that metaphysical certainty does not prevail over that choice. Smart politians have to know how to say "no" but they also know not to say "never."

Author:  christopher.wilkerson [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Hey, here's an idea: let's send a copy of NH's Declaration of Candidacy to Gov. Huckabee's office, registered mail. We'll just ask for his signature and let him know we'll take care of the rest (filing, $1000 fee). If he signs it, well that's our answer. 8)

Author:  Miserere [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Or, supposing somehow he got registered somehow without his knowing it, maybe he would feel compelled to run??

Disclaimer: I am not in any way suggesting identity theft (although there's a product for that that Huckabee endorses on his radio spots..) or fraud or anything illegal. ;)

Author:  justgrace [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Miserere wrote:
Or, supposing somehow he got registered somehow without his knowing it, maybe he would feel compelled to run??

Disclaimer: I am not in any way suggesting identity theft (although there's a product for that that Huckabee endorses on his radio spots..) or fraud or anything illegal. ;)


Haha! Well, if V.P. Joe Biden can register for President Obama, why not?

Author:  colinashley [ Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Just a week ago Gov Huckabee said that he doesn't yet see a path to the presidency. What are the chances that within the next week alone the leading candidate in the presidential race would make three highly controversial comments on Gitmo, Marriage, and Life...any of which could very well torpedo his presidential ambitions?

Herman Cain (or God???) has just created a path as wide as a 6-lane highway. Gov Huckabee has to see this. If he doesn't run now it's because his heart is simply no longer in it.

Author:  WhatsNotToLike? [ Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

justgrace wrote:
Miserere wrote:
Or, supposing somehow he got registered somehow without his knowing it, maybe he would feel compelled to run??

Disclaimer: I am not in any way suggesting identity theft (although there's a product for that that Huckabee endorses on his radio spots..) or fraud or anything illegal. ;)


Haha! Well, if V.P. Joe Biden can register for President Obama, why not?


dd says maybe we can get Janet to sign for him :lol:

Author:  ohiorepublican09 [ Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

As much as I would love to see Gov. Huckabee run...Especially when it seems like everything was headed towards him having a chance at getting the nomination, and the list goes on. I keep thinking of what he said when he ended his 2008 presidential bid in the primaries.

Quote:
"I would rather lose an election than lose the principles that got me into politics in the first place." --Mike Huckabee


We are all human, and sometimes we fail and/or fall. Even though it doesn't make sense why God told Gov. Huckabee he shouldn't run... the fact remains--He did. Maybe just maybe the Governor's words from 3 yrs. ago tell us why. Being in the limelight, having a position, etc. is not always what it is cracked up to be no matter how good of a person you are. Even good people mess up (trust me on this, I've just recently had someone I highly respect let me down).

On the other hand it might not even be this reason that Huckabee felt like God didn't want him to run...honestly we don't know, except for what Huckabee said. And regardless of what I wish, because I know Gov. Huckabee is a wise Christian man, I choose to trust that he is doing what is right.

Just my thoughts... and in no way am I trying to offend anyone. Just trying to maybe help make some sense along the way. :)

Author:  Southern Doc [ Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Quote:
CBS/NYT: Cain still riding high

By ALEXANDER BURNS | 10/25/11 7:16 AM EDT


Herman Cain is holding onto his first-place position in the GOP primary with 25 percent of the vote, according to a new poll from CBS and the New York Times.

Mitt Romney was in second place with 21 percent of the vote, followed by Newt Gingrich in third with 10 percent. Ron Paul took 8 percent of the vote to claim fourth place.

Languishing in fifth was Rick Perry, who drew 6 percent support... The Texas governor's weak position in the survey underscores the scale of the challenge he has ahead of him, as he seeks to regain his footing as a legitimate alternative to Romney.

The poll is also something of a check on the narrative that the air is starting to come out of Cain's campaign. The survey was taken between Oct. 19 and 24 -- after the debate last week and during a period of time when Cain was getting beaten up over a number of gaffes on abortion and other subjects.

Those missteps may need a little more time to register in the polls. This one doesn't back up the idea that Cain has thoroughly discredited himself.


http://www.politico.com/2012-election/


Quote:
4.) Cain proves resilient to attacks that would take the legs out from under a more conventional candidate as occured with other "tea party" favorites (especially those who lost in the general) in the 2010 cycle.

Check!

5.) Old gaurd knows only Huckabee can stop Cain which they hate more than the prospect of his own success.

CHECK?


Well we still have everything on board for the Pipe-Dream but Huck.

Author:  Vote For Truth [ Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

Someone mentioned having Chuck Norris encourage Huck to run. If Norris mentioned the things he said in his column, "Eighth Miracle", then I'm sure Huckabee would be scared to death to run against Obama. Norris made a case that Obama is almost unbeatable (something Huckabee has stated too in the past). Maybe Huckabee was going to run, but talked to Norris and changed his mind to not run. Who knows..................

Author:  byourCreator [ Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Pipe Dream Update - Week Nine

byourCreator wrote:
Well we will probably know for certain about this time one week from today. If Huckabee is going to run he will probably need to announce at the end of his show next week, get a web site up immediately, register in Florida on the 31st, and go all out from there.

The hope looks dim but there is still hope and it might even go down in the history books as a brilliant strategy.

For myself, I will hang on to the end. I love unexpected good surprises.


byourCreator wrote:
Well, I'm looking at his scheduled taping with Toby Keith on Friday afternoon. I'm sure Mike wants to do this next show and should Keith offer an endorsement to Mike that might be his lead in to his announcement. Here is what Keith said of Mike about one year ago:

Quote:
I like Huckabee. I like [former Arkansas Gov.] Mike Huckabee. That's who I like.

CNN: What do you like about him?

Keith: If you sit and talk with him for very long, it takes you a little while before you realize, "Oh, I forgot. I'm talking to a politician." He was a governor, he ran for president, he's sharp as a cat, he's down to earth and humble. He's qualified, and you have to be a great speaker to be a great leader. You have to have the ability to make people trust you, and he's got everything he needs. I really like the guy.



http://teamhuck.ning.com/forum/topics/cnn-toby-keith-i-like

If he still thinks the same way then such statements leading up to an announcement could go a long way in overcoming any deficits caused by not entering in NH.


I believe Huckabee has surely decided by this point whether or not he will change his mind before these deadlines expire next Monday and Tuesday. Unless he has communicated his decision to others that he is definitely not going to get in, I think we should just assume that we will not see any indication one way or the other until the end of his show this Saturday. If he has definitely decided not to enter, then he will say nothing. If on the other hand he has decided to run, he will either announce right then, or more probably announce that he will make an announcement in the very near future (Monday) in order to allow the final show to air on Sunday.

I agree with those that feel it is highly unlikely that he will enter, but I think it is still just a few days too early to throw the first shovel fulls upon the casket of our precious hopes just yet. Resurrections have occurred in history and those who linger at the graveside my be rewarded.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/