Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
One sign that President Obama is in trouble in his own party is the Jewish vote, which has traditionally been the Democrat's.

In this article from the From Forum, the dissatisfaction of Jews with Obama over his Israeli policies is showing up in the polls. Yet Jewish Americans have not found a Republican candidate to put their trust in.

Quote:
Obama Losing Jewish Support

Obama Israel AJC Survey Confirms: Obama Losing Jewish Vote

http://www.fromforum.com/poll-confirms-obama-losing-jewish-support

September 26th, 2011 at 1:18 pm

A new poll from the American Jewish Committee shows further erosion of President Obama’s Jewish support. Only 45 percent of American Jews approve of “the way President Barack Obama has handled his job as President,” and 48 percent disapprove. This is an even worse statistic than the 40 percent Jewish disapproval that Gallup reported last week.

Even more damning, the AJC survey suggests that this disapproval might not simply stem from general economic woes: 53 percent of those surveyed disapprove “of the Obama Administration’s handling of U.S.-Israel relations.” And a plurality – 45 percent – disapprove “of the Obama Administration’s handling of the Iran nuclear issue.”

This runs opposite the story that Obama supporters have spun since NY-9. The loss of the Jewish vote in NY-9, they argue, stemmed from unrepresentative Orthodox Jews who voted on gay marriage and former Representative Anthony Weiner. It had nothing to do with Obama’s Israel policy.

Whoops. Gallup and now AJC have proved this wrong. It seems that the Administration’s unceasing public chastisements of Israel and its meek approach toward Iran do matter to American Jews. And this, in turn, should matter to Obama. American Jews, though only four percent of the vote, finance a good chunk of the Democratic political engine.

Ron Kampeas estimates “that Jewish donors provide between one-third and two-thirds of the party’s money.” David Freedlander claims that “nearly 60 percent of the money raised by the Democratic National Committee is donated by Jews,” and Steven Windmueller says that “Jewish donors have generated as much as 45 cents of every dollar raised by Democrats.”

But while Obama’s Jewish problem might mean fewer votes and less money for his 2012 reelection, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the Republican Party will pick up loads of Jewish votes and money. According to the same AJC poll, if “Barack Obama is the Democratic candidate and Mitt Romney the Republican candidate,” Jews would favor Obama 50 to 32. Matched against Rick Perry, Jews would favor Obama 55 to 25, and Obama would slaughter Bachmann 59 to 19 percent.

True, each of these percentages represents a precipitous decline from Obama’s 78 percent share of the Jewish vote in 2008, but the beneficiary is not the Republican candidate as much as it is the “neither” survey option.

For Republicans to take full advantage of Obama’s Jewish problem, they will have to name the right candidate (Romney looks better than Perry) while continuing to press their advantage on Israel and softening their social positions. This especially means no more public group Christian prayers from Rick Perry – something that even drew criticism from the conservative, Jewish Washington Post commentator Jennifer Rubin.

It’s unrealistic to expect candidates at this point to focus on Israel or cool it on gay marriage – the Republican primary is in full swing and the Jewish Republican primary vote is virtually nonexistent. But when the time comes for the general election, the Republican candidate will have to make a real effort to get the Jewish vote and money. Yes, it now seems definite that Jews are upset with Obama. But this doesn’t mean they’re ready to go Republican.


I would think that Gov. Huckabee, known as one of Israel's best friends, might outdo Romney. And some of that money that goes to the Democrats could turn to Huckabee if he won the primary.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:37 am
Posts: 1623
Likes: 0
Liked: 31
Never understood why G.H. doesn't do much better with this group....


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
Jewish Americans, and Israelis who pay attention to U.S. politics, know that Huckabee is a TRUE and genuine friend of Israel.

However, they have a deep and abiding distrust for vocal U.S. Christians, especially Christians who support Israel. Paradoxical, I know. But the reason is: they view Christian supporters of Israel as proselytizers. They fear that we support Israel because we want them to "convert" and stop being Jews. They remember all the Pogroms, Crusades, and the Holocaust, all of which were perpetrated by so-called "Christians," like all those nice Lutheran Germans.

When they hear that Mike is a Baptist pastor, they get a little nervous. One thing that has helped is that Mike has met with political leaders in Israel and appeared on TV with them, showing that he totally understands the situation there, including the one thing that most Americans don't understand: There is NO WAY for there to be two states, Israel and Palestine, side by side. Imagine if we expected to live peacefully side-by-side with Ahmadinejad lobbing rockets over our border into San Diego and Galveston multiple times each week and declaring his intention to wipe all our large cities off the map.

However, as they see Obama continue to throw Israel under the bus, and bow down to Muslim sheiks, a lot of hearts and minds are changing.

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic



Post by All-in-for-Mike has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Southern Doc
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 1563
Location: Texas
Likes: 178
Liked: 374
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Jewish Americans, and Israelis who pay attention to U.S. politics, know that Huckabee is a TRUE and genuine friend of Israel.

However, they have a deep and abiding distrust for vocal U.S. Christians, especially Christians who support Israel. Paradoxical, I know. But the reason is: they view Christian supporters of Israel as proselytizers. They fear that we support Israel because we want them to "convert" and stop being Jews. They remember all the Pogroms, Crusades, and the Holocaust, all of which were perpetrated by so-called "Christians," like all those nice Lutheran Germans.

When they hear that Mike is a Baptist pastor, they get a little nervous. One thing that has helped is that Mike has met with political leaders in Israel and appeared on TV with them, showing that he totally understands the situation there, including the one thing that most Americans don't understand: There is NO WAY for there to be two states, Israel and Palestine, side by side. Imagine if we expected to live peacefully side-by-side with Ahmadinejad lobbing rockets over our border into San Diego and Galveston multiple times each week and declaring his intention to wipe all our large cities off the map.

However, as they see Obama continue to throw Israel under the bus, and bow down to Muslim sheiks, a lot of hearts and minds are changing.


Yeah I agree with this. Virtually all of the Jews I know are all secular Jews (as are the vast majority of Jewish Americans), and (a) they don't necessarily think Obama is throwing Israel under the bus, (b) even if they weren't completely happy with his Israel policy they are liberal on domestic policy which is more important to them, and (c) they tend to have some measure of antipathy towards southern baptists.

Read an opinion piece in the WSJ recently (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... ws+mormons)
that points out that Jews have a much more favorable opinion of Mormons than other groups do. So I think a Romney or Huntsman would be decent picks if the GOP wanted to go after the Jewish vote because they are perceived as more moderate (closer politically to most Jews), and Jews don't apparently have a problem with Mormons.

Don't get me wrong, I think Huckabee's our best candidate, but I don't think he'd fare very well with the Jewish vote.

_________________
THE TIMES are nightfall, look, their light grows less;
The times are winter, watch, a world undone:
They waste, they wither worse; they as they run
Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
I agree that the Jewish vote will be hard to get, but my point is that Huckabee could pick up probably more than any other Republican candidate.

At the Global Intolerance conference that was the answer to the United Nations and the Durban III being held on September 22, 2011, in New York City, Governor Huckabee won much applause and an enthusiastic audience for his twenty-five minute speech.

Here is a quote from Huckabee's speech:
Quote:
I'm not sure I understand why or will ever understand why the support has been so strong particularly from my Jewish friends for Obama in his last election. We used to say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I have to believe that even in the 9th District of New York the election results last week were a clear indication of the remarkable courage of former Mayor Ed Koch to endorse a Republican in that race...a clear indication and a message being sent that the money and the votes were no longer going to be taken for granted in the Jewish community because people are aware of a President who clearly has no concept in the constant strife that goes on in the Middle East.


There is some slight progress in Republicans appealing to the Jewish voter. And while Jewish contributions constitute the major part of gifts to the Democrat Party, if even 20% of that amount might go to Republicans this time around, it would add millions in their coffers. Huckabee is well-liked and could bring it in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
justgrace wrote:
And while Jewish contributions constitute the major part of gifts to the Democrat Party, if even 20% of that amount might go to Republicans this time around, it would add millions in their coffers.

That's very interesting....would you happen to have a source for that? and possibly some figures?

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
justgrace wrote:
And while Jewish contributions constitute the major part of gifts to the Democrat Party, if even 20% of that amount might go to Republicans this time around, it would add millions in their coffers.

That's very interesting....would you happen to have a source for that? and possibly some figures?


Nothing so certain. I was just imagining. Being hopeful. :wink:

But if the Jews make up 60% of the Democrat funding, isn't that astounding? I had always thought Obama got half his funds from the many illegal foreign donations he got in 2008. Say that Obama raises one billion dollars this cycle, then the Jewish giving would be expected to account for $600 million of that. If the Republicans could siphon off 20% of the $600 million, right there would be $120 million, enough to get Huckabee in the game. He could do as much with that amount as Obama could do with a billion, probably.

One thing we do know is that more people self-identify as conservatives than liberals. Somehow we need to break into the traditional coalitions that have blacks, Jews, and Hispanics voting Democrat while they actually have more in common with the Republican platform.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
I'm just super-curious...How do we know that Jewish donors make up 60% of the Democratic Party's donations?

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
I'm just super-curious...How do we know that Jewish donors make up 60% of the Democratic Party's donations?


I get that from this quote in the above report:
Quote:
Ron Kampeas estimates “that Jewish donors provide between one-third and two-thirds of the party’s money.” David Freedlander claims that “nearly 60 percent of the money raised by the Democratic National Committee is donated by Jews,” and Steven Windmueller says that “Jewish donors have generated as much as 45 cents of every dollar raised by Democrats.”


Thanks for calling me on this, All-in-for-Mike.

Looking at this paragraph more carefully, it would be better to say that it is "estimated" that between one-third and two-thirds of the party's money comes from Jewish donors. The second problem that makes it difficult to have accurate statistical numbers is that there would need to be information on who is Jewish. We just don't ask people their religion or ethnic background in order to take donations. And then David Freedlander makes "claims" that nearly 60% of the money raised by the DNC is donated by Jews. So these are not necessarily based on scientific studies, but rather on experience and non-empirical evidence. Steven Windmueller puts the figure at "as much as 45 cents of every dollar."

So, if we would take Obama's billion and say that 450 million is raised by the Jewish donors, even 20% (my arbitrary figure) would make that $90 million that I was hoping Republicans might win if the Jewish vote comes their way, partially. The Jewish support of Democrats is so historically entrenched that it would take time and effort--and maybe a miracle--to gain it.

I went back yesterday to watch part of Gov. Huckabee's speech to the Jewish organization in New York. He praised former Mayor Ed Koch for endorsing a Republican candidate. Huckabee got enthusiastic applause and ovation, so I think he might be the best hope for Republicans to gain inroads with the Jewish vote. That is the point I wanted to make.

So, this is all only to make a point and raise a possibility. I do not know if more accurate figures are available, because we do not ask people their religion or their ethnic background when they give. These are at best estimates. Yet it is good that we be specific and acknowledge that these are not scientific studies. Politics often relies on "insider information" that may or may not be entirely accurate. But Huckabeans want to get it right and not spread falsehood!!!

Among Jewish supporters, though, the Democrats might be hurt, because of their backing of the Wall Street Occupation. One does not have to look too deeply to see obvious Obama connections through big labor and George Soros. But why the anti-Semitism that keeps popping up in signs and slogans at these meetings? There seems to be no official condemnation of it by Democrats. Investigations show an obvious connection of the Wall Street and other Occupation demonstrations being funded and promoted by big labor and by Soros. Many of these students (and even people who quit jobs to sit in the protest against capitalism) reportedly get checks from MoveOn.org to be there.

Obama is praising this movement. But with the anti-Semitic element so present, you would think it should shut off the Jewish contributions to the Democrat party. You would think.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:07 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
justgrace wrote:
Among Jewish supporters, though, the Democrats might be hurt, because of their backing of the Wall Street Occupation. One does not have to look too deeply to see obvious Obama connections through big labor and George Soros. But why the anti-Semitism that keeps popping up in signs and slogans at these meetings? There seems to be no official condemnation of it by Democrats. Investigations show an obvious connection of the Wall Street and other Occupation demonstrations being funded and promoted by big labor and by Soros. Many of these students (and even people who quit jobs to sit in the protest against capitalism) reportedly get checks from MoveOn.org to be there.

We call 'em "Rent-a-Riot." They show up at ALL these types of things, i.e., whenever the World Bank has a meeting anywhere.

Quote:
Obama is praising this movement. But with the anti-Semitic element so present, you would think it should shut off the Jewish contributions to the Democrat party. You would think.

Can you imagine the moral outrage that we'd hear from the Left if even ONE anti-Semitic slogan was spotted at any Tea Party event over the last 3 years??? Think about the lie they've spread about how Tea Partiers supposedly spat upon African-American members of congress. It's never been proven, there is no tape, there are no credible witnesses. But the leftist Media repeats that canard endlessly. BUT when the OWS folks have anti-Semitic signs on camera in numerous locations, not one peep. The double standard is both infuriating and tiresome. There IS an agenda!!!

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:12 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
P.S. True confessions -- I only skimmed the original report posted in the beginning of this thread, sorry! :oops: So I hadn't seen those quotes above (from Democrat operatives, yes?) about the percentage of donations that allegedly come from Jewish donors.

I wonder what a Jewish Democrat would think about those sentences?? Are the Dems basing their estimates on personal connections with donors who they definitely know for a fact are Jews? Or are they basing it on obviously-Jewish last names? I.e., "We got $100,000 last year from Shlomo Avraham Lipschitz"? Or is it just another manifestation of the pernicious anti-Semitic stereotype that all the money that controls the world comes from Jews?

As a former resident of Israel, I tend to be very sensitive to any hint of these things. :)

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4844
Likes: 1174
Liked: 782
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
P.S. True confessions -- I only skimmed the original report posted in the beginning of this thread, sorry! :oops: So I hadn't seen those quotes above (from Democrat operatives, yes?) about the percentage of donations that allegedly come from Jewish donors.

I wonder what a Jewish Democrat would think about those sentences?? Are the Dems basing their estimates on personal connections with donors who they definitely know for a fact are Jews? Or are they basing it on obviously-Jewish last names? I.e., "We got $100,000 last year from Shlomo Avraham Lipschitz"? Or is it just another manifestation of the pernicious anti-Semitic stereotype that all the money that controls the world comes from Jews?

As a former resident of Israel, I tend to be very sensitive to any hint of these things. :)


I really do not know. Perhaps they are extrapolating from known Jewish population areas, like New York City. I do not think they are going by last names, but by an intimate knowledge of certain wealthy, "big givers." Political insider talk gets around, especially about who is giving what and how! It may be through some of the Jewish PACs, for example.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:48 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
It would be pretty simple to see what groups like AIPAC give...and to whom.

www.FEC.gov

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY