Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Debra wrote:
goalieman wrote:
Newt has more negatives than any other candidate.

More than our real enemy...OBAMA??

What does it matter, as long as our candidate is the one who can WIN? How many issues that you stand for will be validated and upheld in 4 more years of Obama?

I think there are a lot of positive things about Newt, but I don't see how electability is one of them.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... on-voters/
Quote:
The poll finds Mr. Gingrich viewed favorably by a majority of Republicans and conservatives, but he is viewed more negatively than positively among independents, whose support is considered crucial in a general election. Indeed, independents’ views of Mr. Gingrich have grown increasingly more unfavorable in the last few weeks. In an ABC/Post poll in late November, his favorable-unfavorable rating was 36 percent to 43 percent. Now, it is 33percent to 48 percent. A majority of moderates, moreover, view him negatively.

At the same time, the latest ABC/Post poll finds President Obama’s unfavorable ratings at a career high of 49 percent. Still, he remains more popular on balance than Mr. Gingrich, with 48 percent of Americans expressing a favorable opinion about the president. And while independents view the president more negatively than positively by 8 percentage points, that’s better than Mr. Gingrich’s 15-point negative gap within this important group.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Debra wrote:
goalieman wrote:
Newt has more negatives than any other candidate.

More than our real enemy...OBAMA??

What does it matter, as long as our candidate is the one who can WIN? How many issues that you stand for will be validated and upheld in 4 more years of Obama?

Umm, that wasn't me who said that. Not sure how you got me and that quote in the same box........

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
Ronald Reagan's Old PAC: Gingrich Closest to Reagan:
http://www.newsmax.com/InsiderReport/October-Surprise-Against-Iran/2011/12/31/id/422683

Gingrich compared to Reagan in Newsmax Iowa special:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/31/gingrich-compared-to-reagan-in-newsmax-iowa-special/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Miserere wrote:
goalieman wrote:
Put me down for a Newt/Huck ticket!

Anyone here think Santorum would not be hitting Huck with harsh attack ads if Mike were in the GOP contest? It's a safe bet he would be. Newt has his baggage, but he at least would have treated Mike with respect had they been competitors for the nomination. I don't think I could say that about any of the other folks still in the race right now.

Perhaps he would, it's politics. Just like Mike was going after Romney last time. I don't expect everyone to be deferential to Huckabee just because I support him.

Newt's being kind to everyone is good and well, but let's not pretend like it's entirely out of the goodness of his heart. It's in Newt's interest that the primary is conducted in as polite and positive a manner as possible because Newt has more negatives than any other candidate.

Just a clarification, but fighting back after an opponent (Romney) spent millions of dollars in false TV ads attacking you is not quite the equivelant of what we're seeing from many in this current GOP field of candidates. Gingrich not going that route should be worth something.