Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 am 
Captain

Liked: 76
Quote:
During Wednesday’s CNN debate, Gingrich was the only candidate to even mention the gas prices, and even though the issue has become a major headache for majority of Americans, the debate moderator John King didn’t ask about any ideas the candidates might have to lower the prices.

For a few weeks now, Gingrich has been talking about his energy independence ideas, which include leasing more federal lands “for oil and gas development,” allow for drilling off the Atlantic Coast and the Chukchi Sea in Alaska, and would remove regulations for oil explorations and drilling in American oil sands deposits and in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska.

“I would approve the Keystone XL pipeline on my first day in office, and work to condense regulations to make it easier to build new refineries,” Gingrich goes on in the op-ed insisting that a $2.50 is still a possibility. “I would eliminate the capital gains tax to promote investment and move to 100 percent expensing for new equipment so companies could write it off in one year, making it easier for companies to build new extraction sites. And I would replace the EPA with a new, economically rational Environmental Solutions Agency since the current bureaucracy is so hostile to businesses it can’t be fixed.” (click here to read the full article)

Gingrich is trying to set himself apart from the rest of the GOP candidates, who have been attacking each other on voting record while going back and forth on who’s more conservative.

The Speaker, who represented Georgia in Congress for 20 years, is hoping his home state can reestablish him as the front-runner in the fight for the Republican nomination. Georgia primary will take place on Super Tuesday, March 6, and it offers 76 delegates.

At this time, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is leading in delegate-count with 127, Gingrich comes second with 38, former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum third with 37 and Texas Congressman Ron Paul is last with 27 delegates (source-CNN).

http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz- ... gas-prices

Post by 4Huckabee Liked by: FL4Huck
 Profile Send private message